Wacky news of the day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Man arrested after calling police to have his drugs tested

By Amanda Jackson, CNN 8 hrs ago

© Putnam County Sheriff Douglas Peter Kelly
Police receive many calls for assistance, but this one was quite unusual.
Douglas Kelly, 49, from Hawthrone, Florida, called the Putnam County Sheriff's Office on Tuesday, police said, asking them to test the drugs he bought a week earlier because he wanted to press charges against the person who sold them to him.
Kelly's public defender did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Police said Kelly told them he had a bad reaction after he smoked what he believed to be meth and thought he was sold another illegal substance.
"In an effort to ensure the quality of the drug the suspect purchased, detectives told Kelly if he came to the sheriff's office they could test the narcotic he purchased," the Putnam County Sheriff's Office wrote on Facebook.
Kelly drove down to the police station and handed over the clear, crystallized substance for officers to test, and tests showed it was meth, according to the Facebook post. He was arrested and charged with possession and booked into the Putnam County Jail.
Officers used this incident to let others know on that they are always here to help test any illegal drugs.
"If you believe you were sold bad drugs, we are offering a free service to test them for you," the Facebook post says. "Remember, our detectives are always ready to assist anyone who believes they were misled in their illegal drug purchase."

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2012
June 13, 2018 10:36PM EDT
Minnesota Teen, 19, Gets Her Head Stuck In Truck’s Exhaust Pipe During Country Music Festival
1528983526346.png

1528983493375.png

19-year-old Kaitlyn Storm had to be rescued by authorities after getting her head stuck in a truck’s exhaust pipe at a country music festival in Minnesota. Get all the details here.

Well, this is interesting. Fire crews were called to the Winstock Music Festival on June 9 after Kaitlyn Storm, 19, got her head stuck in a truck’s exhaust pipe. Her head was reportedly so crammed into the car part that firefighters had to use an electric saw to free her. So scary, right? In a video posted to Facebook, that later went viral, Kaitlyn can be seen sitting on the ground, unable to move, while authorities rush to her aid. Luckily, Kaitlyn was able to walk away without any serious injuries. In fact, she also took to Facebook to share a photo of herself with the pipe captioned, “Yeah I’m the tail pipe girl, watchu know about it? #winstock2k18kickedmyass.”

Unfortunately, Kaitlyn wasn’t able to enjoy her fame for too long. The McLeod County Sheriff’s said they cited Kaitlyn for underage drinking after she was freed. So, I guess that’s how she found herself in the exhaust pipe. “We were just all having fun and I saw this big exhaust pipe and I was like, ‘Hey, my head could probably fit in that,’ Kaitlyn said during an interview with Hutchinson Leader. “So, I tried it. It did fit, but it didn’t want to come back out,” Kaitlyn continued.
“I was kind of confused because I didn’t know what was going on, because I couldn’t see around me. But, I trusted everyone who was around that knew to get me out safely,” Kaitlyn added. In all, she was stuck for a little over 45 minutes, and was given a medical exam right after she was freed. “I would just say thank you to everyone who has supported me and been there throughout this. Even [the people] with the mean comments for teaching me who I don’t want to be like and how to be strong and not care and be bothered by what people say,” Kaitlyn said addressing her haters.

No word if she was chewing on a tide pod or had a condom up her nose when she was rescued.

Mar 23, 2013
I'd like to know exactly what he said... you know, for a friend.
Minnesota Teen, 19, Gets Her Head Stuck In Truck’s Exhaust Pipe During Country Music Festival
View attachment 61871

View attachment 61870

19-year-old Kaitlyn Storm had to be rescued by authorities after getting her head stuck in a truck’s exhaust pipe at a country music festival in Minnesota. Get all the details here.

Well, this is interesting. Fire crews were called to the Winstock Music Festival on June 9 after Kaitlyn Storm, 19, got her head stuck in a truck’s exhaust pipe. Her head was reportedly so crammed into the car part that firefighters had to use an electric saw to free her. So scary, right? In a video posted to Facebook, that later went viral, Kaitlyn can be seen sitting on the ground, unable to move, while authorities rush to her aid. Luckily, Kaitlyn was able to walk away without any serious injuries. In fact, she also took to Facebook to share a photo of herself with the pipe captioned, “Yeah I’m the tail pipe girl, watchu know about it? #winstock2k18kickedmyass.”

Unfortunately, Kaitlyn wasn’t able to enjoy her fame for too long. The McLeod County Sheriff’s said they cited Kaitlyn for underage drinking after she was freed. So, I guess that’s how she found herself in the exhaust pipe. “We were just all having fun and I saw this big exhaust pipe and I was like, ‘Hey, my head could probably fit in that,’ Kaitlyn said during an interview with Hutchinson Leader. “So, I tried it. It did fit, but it didn’t want to come back out,” Kaitlyn continued.
“I was kind of confused because I didn’t know what was going on, because I couldn’t see around me. But, I trusted everyone who was around that knew to get me out safely,” Kaitlyn added. In all, she was stuck for a little over 45 minutes, and was given a medical exam right after she was freed. “I would just say thank you to everyone who has supported me and been there throughout this. Even [the people] with the mean comments for teaching me who I don’t want to be like and how to be strong and not care and be bothered by what people say,” Kaitlyn said addressing her haters.

No word if she was chewing on a tide pod or had a condom up her nose when she was rescued.
She was obviously visiting from Florida.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
View attachment 61871

View attachment 61870

Do you really want to call yourself the "tailpipe girl"? Because that conjures up other things...

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
On the highway to heck
Indonesian woman dies after being swallowed whole by a python
By Chris Irvine| Fox News
Villagers launched a search for a woman who went missing on Thursday but were horrified to find a bloated snake; upon cutting it open they found the woman's body (iStock)
An Indonesian mother has died after being swallowed whole by a 23-foot-long python.
The woman, Wa Tiba, 54, went missing while tending to her vegetable garden near her village on Muna Island in Southeast Sulawesi province on Thursday, according to the village chief, Faris.
When her family went to look for her, they found only her belongings in the garden, including her sandals, a machete and a flashlight.
The village subsequently launched a search for her but were horrified to find the python with a severely bloated belly just 50 yards from the garden.

Faris said the villagers killed the snake and when they cut open its belly, they found the woman's body still intact wearing all her clothes.
Local police chief Hamka, who only has one name like many Indonesians, said: “Residents were suspicious the snake swallowed the victim, so they killed it, then carried it out of the garden.

“The snake’s belly was cut open and the body of the victim was found inside.”
Local villager Ayu Kartika said: "Everyone cried and was in shock. That poor woman. It looked like a horror movie. The people are terrified, afraid to go outside.”

King Poke

Medical Mystery
A/V Subscriber
Aug 18, 2007
Frisco, TX
View attachment 61871

View attachment 61870

Hopefully she said “hold my beer” appropriately