Wacky news of the day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Man shot in back over peach cobbler
Friday, May 11th 2018, 1:12 pm CDTFriday, May 11th 2018, 2:12 pm CD

Stanley Woodson is charged with attempted murder after he allegedly shot a man because he was mad about the amount of peaches served with his cobbler. (Source: WREG/CNN)

RED BANKS, MS (WREG/CNN) - A man is behind bars facing attempted murder charges and another recovering from a gun wound to the back after an altercation over peach cobbler.
It happened in the town Red Banks in Mississippi.
Logan Novascone said he made his usual stop in to Joe Joe's Travel Center to pick up a coke on Wednesday.
"He started cursing her out so I put my coke on the counter and I was like dude you aren't going to talk to them like that," said Novascone.
He said the customer in front of him in the checkout line later identified as Stanley Woodson was mad about the amount of peaches served with his cobbler.
Woodson was also going off on the woman serving him.
"Everyone that comes to this store, knows this store knows these women. That is disrespectful," Novascone said.
Novascone said he stepped in to defend the cashier but he thought things would stop there.
Whether Woodson was just having a bad day or truly that frazzled over fruit, that part isn't clear but Novascone said he wasn't expecting to take a ride to the hospital.
"Over some peaches? You want to shoot at me over peaches?" Novascone said.
He said Woodson popped his trunk on pump five, pulled a gun out the back and started shooting.
"He reached over the car and shot again," Novascone said. "Only thing I could think of was that dumpster."
Seven shots were fired as he ran to take cover, he said.
"I really thought I was dead, I was done," Novascone said.
He thinks all the gunplay wasn't necessary.
"Put up the guns lets go with these hands if you want to go," he said.
He said if it happened again he'd still stand up for the women working at the store.
"I would do it again 100 percent, yes ma'am," Novascone said.
Copyright 2018 WREG via CNN. All rights reserved.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Man shot in back over peach cobbler
Friday, May 11th 2018, 1:12 pm CDTFriday, May 11th 2018, 2:12 pm CD

Stanley Woodson is charged with attempted murder after he allegedly shot a man because he was mad about the amount of peaches served with his cobbler. (Source: WREG/CNN)

RED BANKS, MS (WREG/CNN) - A man is behind bars facing attempted murder charges and another recovering from a gun wound to the back after an altercation over peach cobbler.
It happened in the town Red Banks in Mississippi.
Logan Novascone said he made his usual stop in to Joe Joe's Travel Center to pick up a coke on Wednesday.
"He started cursing her out so I put my coke on the counter and I was like dude you aren't going to talk to them like that," said Novascone.
He said the customer in front of him in the checkout line later identified as Stanley Woodson was mad about the amount of peaches served with his cobbler.
Woodson was also going off on the woman serving him.
"Everyone that comes to this store, knows this store knows these women. That is disrespectful," Novascone said.
Novascone said he stepped in to defend the cashier but he thought things would stop there.
Whether Woodson was just having a bad day or truly that frazzled over fruit, that part isn't clear but Novascone said he wasn't expecting to take a ride to the hospital.
"Over some peaches? You want to shoot at me over peaches?" Novascone said.
He said Woodson popped his trunk on pump five, pulled a gun out the back and started shooting.
"He reached over the car and shot again," Novascone said. "Only thing I could think of was that dumpster."
Seven shots were fired as he ran to take cover, he said.
"I really thought I was dead, I was done," Novascone said.
He thinks all the gunplay wasn't necessary.
"Put up the guns lets go with these hands if you want to go," he said.
He said if it happened again he'd still stand up for the women working at the store.
"I would do it again 100 percent, yes ma'am," Novascone said.
Copyright 2018 WREG via CNN. All rights reserved.
Well, if it was my mom's peach cobbler and he took the last portion, it would be a justified shooting.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Swedish mum renames son after tattoo typo
The Local
news@thelocal.se
@thelocalsweden
14 May 2018
19:28 CEST+02:00
1526470704354.png

The internet is full of ‘tattoo fails’. We just can’t seem to get enough of sniggering at the hideous artwork, questionable life choices and unfortunate misspellings that others have permanently etched into their skin.
But one Swedish woman has turned her failed tattoo into a whole new identity for her child.

Local newspaper Blekinge Läns Tidning reported over the weekend that 30-year-old Kyrkhult resident Johanna Giselhäll Sandström went to a local tattoo studio around three years ago to get the names of her two children inked on her arm. After consulting with Sandström about the correct placement of the design, the tattoo artist did his thing and Sandström went home with what she thought was a permanent declaration of love to her kids Nova and Kevin.

There was just one problem. Kevin had become ‘Kelvin’.

“I said I wanted the names of my children tattooed on me and I gave the artist their names. The artist drew the design and didn’t ask anything about the spelling so I didn’t give it any more thought,” Sandström told Blekinge Läns Tidning.

When she discovered the mistake, the young mother broke down in tears.

“My heart stopped and I thought I was going to faint,” she said.

Sandström went straight back to the tattoo parlour, where the artist laughed and said there wasn’t much he could do. After all, the young mother had been given the chance to review the tattoo before the work began. He agreed to give her a refund and handed her the phone number of a tattoo removal clinic in Växjö.

VIDEO: Why do so many Swedes have tattoos?

When Sandström discovered that it would take multiple treatments to remove the tattoo, she and her husband opted for a different course of action.

“We decided to rename the boy,” she said.

That’s right. Kevin became Kelvin. Not just to match the tattoo but because the name had grown on the parents.

“I had never heard the name ‘Kelvin’ before. There isn’t anyone who names their kid Kelvin. So when I thought more about it, I realized that no one else has this name. It became unique. Now we think it is better than Kevin,” Sandström said.

Sandström said she’s okay with how things turned out and that her son was not affected by the name change.

“He wasn’t so old [at the time of the tattoo] so he didn’t think about it. He’s five now, but when I got the tattoo he was approaching two,” she said.

Sandström and her husband recently had a third child, a daughter named Freja. The young girl’s name will also be tattooed on her mother’s body but this time Sandström says she will be ready.

“I need to get that name tattooed but I’m going to write it down on a piece of paper and check it over ten thousand times,” she joked.

You can see Sandström’s tattoo here.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Saline woman fired after bringing laxative-filled brownies to coworker's send-off
photo
POSTED: MAY 15 2018 09:44AM EDT

UPDATED: MAY 15 2018 12:34PM EDT

SALINE, Mich. (AP) - Police say a 47-year-old Michigan woman has lost her job after police determined she put laxatives in brownies intended for a send-off for a departing co-worker.

The Ann Arbor News reports police responded May 3 to an engineering and manufacturing business in Saline after the company got a tip from an employee. Saline police Chief Jerrod Hart says the company confiscated the brownies before they could be eaten.

Hart says the Adrian woman initially denied putting laxatives in them, but admitted to baking in a cube of laxatives after being told investigators would test them. Her name wasn't released.

Other employees told police the woman may have had previous tensions with the departing employee, but specifics weren't released. Hart says charges won't be pursued over the tainted brownies.

___

Information from: The Ann Arbor News, http://www.mlive.com/ann-arbor

Mar 23, 2013
Swedish mum renames son after tattoo typo
The Local
news@thelocal.se
@thelocalsweden
14 May 2018
19:28 CEST+02:00
View attachment 61154
The internet is full of ‘tattoo fails’. We just can’t seem to get enough of sniggering at the hideous artwork, questionable life choices and unfortunate misspellings that others have permanently etched into their skin.
But one Swedish woman has turned her failed tattoo into a whole new identity for her child.

Local newspaper Blekinge Läns Tidning reported over the weekend that 30-year-old Kyrkhult resident Johanna Giselhäll Sandström went to a local tattoo studio around three years ago to get the names of her two children inked on her arm. After consulting with Sandström about the correct placement of the design, the tattoo artist did his thing and Sandström went home with what she thought was a permanent declaration of love to her kids Nova and Kevin.

There was just one problem. Kevin had become ‘Kelvin’.

“I said I wanted the names of my children tattooed on me and I gave the artist their names. The artist drew the design and didn’t ask anything about the spelling so I didn’t give it any more thought,” Sandström told Blekinge Läns Tidning.

When she discovered the mistake, the young mother broke down in tears.

“My heart stopped and I thought I was going to faint,” she said.

Sandström went straight back to the tattoo parlour, where the artist laughed and said there wasn’t much he could do. After all, the young mother had been given the chance to review the tattoo before the work began. He agreed to give her a refund and handed her the phone number of a tattoo removal clinic in Växjö.

VIDEO: Why do so many Swedes have tattoos?

When Sandström discovered that it would take multiple treatments to remove the tattoo, she and her husband opted for a different course of action.

“We decided to rename the boy,” she said.

That’s right. Kevin became Kelvin. Not just to match the tattoo but because the name had grown on the parents.

“I had never heard the name ‘Kelvin’ before. There isn’t anyone who names their kid Kelvin. So when I thought more about it, I realized that no one else has this name. It became unique. Now we think it is better than Kevin,” Sandström said.

Sandström said she’s okay with how things turned out and that her son was not affected by the name change.

“He wasn’t so old [at the time of the tattoo] so he didn’t think about it. He’s five now, but when I got the tattoo he was approaching two,” she said.

Sandström and her husband recently had a third child, a daughter named Freja. The young girl’s name will also be tattooed on her mother’s body but this time Sandström says she will be ready.

“I need to get that name tattooed but I’m going to write it down on a piece of paper and check it over ten thousand times,” she joked.

You can see Sandström’s tattoo here.
I wonder if young Kelvin likes denim shirts.

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Syracuse area parents seek court action to get 30-year-old son to move out
by CNYCentral
Wednesday, May 16th 2018

CAMILLUS, N.Y. — A couple in Camillus is asking for a court's help to get their 30-year-old son out of their house.

In filings to the Supreme Court of New York State, Christina and Mark Rotondo say they've been trying to get their son, Michael Rotondo, to leave their home for several months.
The filing includes five written notices that the couple says it has left for Michael, starting with this note on February 2:

2 February 2018

Michael,

After a discussion with your Mother, we have decided you must leave this house immediately. You have 14 days to vacate. You will not be allowed to return. We will take whatever actions are necessary to enforce this decision.

Mark and Christina Rotondo​

A second note, dated February 13, tells Michael he is "hereby evicted" from the couple's home "effective immediately" and tells him he has until March 15 to move out.
A third note from five days later offers $1,100 to Michael "so you can find a place to stay," according to the filing. It also offers advice:
1) Organize the things you need for work and to manage an apartment. Note: You will need stuff at [redacted]. You must arrange the date and time through your Father so he can set it up with the tenant.

2) Sell the other things you have that have any significant value, (e.g. stereo, some tools etc.). This is especially true for any weapons you may have. You need the money and will have no place for the stuff.

3) There are jobs available even for those with a poor work history like you. Get one — you have to work!

4) If you want help finding a place your Mother has offered to help you.​

The fourth message, dated March 5, notes the upcoming March 15 deadline to leave and says, "So far we have seen no indication that you are preparing to leave." It adds, "Be aware that we will take any appropriate actions necessary to make sure you leave the house as demanded."
The fifth message, dated March 30, presents solutions for an issue over Michael's car, which, according to the filing, was sitting at the couple's home.
According to filings by the couple, they have been informed that because Michael is a family member, they can only have him removed from the home through an ejectment proceeding.
In a response filed to the court Wednesday, Michael Rotondo contends that the five written notices did not provide a reasonable amount of time for him to leave, citing Kosa v. Legg as precedent "that there is 'Common law requirement of six-month notice to quit before tenant may be removed through ejectment action." His response asserts none of the notes amount to a six-month notice.
In a previous response dated April 9, Michael Rotondo claims no cause was given for him to leave the home, that the attempts to remove him from the home are retaliatory, according to the filing. Michael Rotondo has also asserted that for the eight years he's lived with his parents, he "has never been expected to contribute to household expenses, or assisted with chores and the maintenance of the premises, or assisted with chores and the maintenance of the premises, and claims that this is simply a component of his living agreement," according to the filing.
Michael Rotondo's most recent filing asks the court to dismiss his parent's request. A hearing for the matter is scheduled for May 22, according to filings.

Mar 23, 2013
Syracuse area parents seek court action to get 30-year-old son to move out
by CNYCentral
Wednesday, May 16th 2018

CAMILLUS, N.Y. — A couple in Camillus is asking for a court's help to get their 30-year-old son out of their house.

In filings to the Supreme Court of New York State, Christina and Mark Rotondo say they've been trying to get their son, Michael Rotondo, to leave their home for several months.
The filing includes five written notices that the couple says it has left for Michael, starting with this note on February 2:

2 February 2018​
Michael,​
After a discussion with your Mother, we have decided you must leave this house immediately. You have 14 days to vacate. You will not be allowed to return. We will take whatever actions are necessary to enforce this decision.​
Mark and Christina Rotondo​

A second note, dated February 13, tells Michael he is "hereby evicted" from the couple's home "effective immediately" and tells him he has until March 15 to move out.
A third note from five days later offers $1,100 to Michael "so you can find a place to stay," according to the filing. It also offers advice:
1) Organize the things you need for work and to manage an apartment. Note: You will need stuff at [redacted]. You must arrange the date and time through your Father so he can set it up with the tenant.​
2) Sell the other things you have that have any significant value, (e.g. stereo, some tools etc.). This is especially true for any weapons you may have. You need the money and will have no place for the stuff.​
3) There are jobs available even for those with a poor work history like you. Get one — you have to work!​
4) If you want help finding a place your Mother has offered to help you.​

The fourth message, dated March 5, notes the upcoming March 15 deadline to leave and says, "So far we have seen no indication that you are preparing to leave." It adds, "Be aware that we will take any appropriate actions necessary to make sure you leave the house as demanded."
The fifth message, dated March 30, presents solutions for an issue over Michael's car, which, according to the filing, was sitting at the couple's home.
According to filings by the couple, they have been informed that because Michael is a family member, they can only have him removed from the home through an ejectment proceeding.
In a response filed to the court Wednesday, Michael Rotondo contends that the five written notices did not provide a reasonable amount of time for him to leave, citing Kosa v. Legg as precedent "that there is 'Common law requirement of six-month notice to quit before tenant may be removed through ejectment action." His response asserts none of the notes amount to a six-month notice.
In a previous response dated April 9, Michael Rotondo claims no cause was given for him to leave the home, that the attempts to remove him from the home are retaliatory, according to the filing. Michael Rotondo has also asserted that for the eight years he's lived with his parents, he "has never been expected to contribute to household expenses, or assisted with chores and the maintenance of the premises, or assisted with chores and the maintenance of the premises, and claims that this is simply a component of his living agreement," according to the filing.
Michael Rotondo's most recent filing asks the court to dismiss his parent's request. A hearing for the matter is scheduled for May 22, according to filings.
I think we have seen this episode somewhere.

1526865672857.png

Feb 25, 2008
I wonder if when little Mikey was in trouble his parents warned him with 1.... 2... 2 1/4.... 2 1/2.... but never got to 3 and never had any punishment for his actions.

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma

Publix Refuses to Put 'Cum' On Son's Cake, Mom Pissed

Most people believe Summa Cum Laude is an honor ... Publix grocery store believes it's obscene.
Case in point ... this cake.
A woman in South Carolina ordered the tasty treat online to celebrate her son graduating from his homeschool program with a 4.79 GPA ... earning Summa Cum Laude honors.
But, when she sent a friend to pick up the cake, the word "Cum" was edited out -- an apparent violation of the grocery store's obscenity policy!!!!
"My son was humiliated," the woman posted on her Facebook page ... "I seriously couldn't make this crap up!!!"
"How utterly ridiculous and I will be speaking to a manager for a refund. Shame on you Publix for turning an innocent Latin phrase into a total embarrassment for having to explain to my son and others (including my 70 year old mother) about this joke of a cake."
FYI, "Summa Cum Laude" is a Latin phrase that means "with highest honor."
Just make sure your safe search is on if you put it in Google ...

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004

Publix Refuses to Put 'Cum' On Son's Cake, Mom Pissed

Most people believe Summa Cum Laude is an honor ... Publix grocery store believes it's obscene.
Case in point ... this cake.
A woman in South Carolina ordered the tasty treat online to celebrate her son graduating from his homeschool program with a 4.79 GPA ... earning Summa Cum Laude honors.
But, when she sent a friend to pick up the cake, the word "Cum" was edited out -- an apparent violation of the grocery store's obscenity policy!!!!
"My son was humiliated," the woman posted on her Facebook page ... "I seriously couldn't make this crap up!!!"
"How utterly ridiculous and I will be speaking to a manager for a refund. Shame on you Publix for turning an innocent Latin phrase into a total embarrassment for having to explain to my son and others (including my 70 year old mother) about this joke of a cake."
FYI, "Summa Cum Laude" is a Latin phrase that means "with highest honor."
Just make sure your safe search is on if you put it in Google ...
Could be worse... they could have put cum on the cake...

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Man Arrested After Peeing On Frontier Airplane Seat

BY WILL ASHTON

There are more than a few ways to anger people on flights. You can snore too loudly. You can kick the seat in front of you. You can smell. You can take up too much arm space. You can talk to people who clearly want to be left alone for hours. But peeing on a seat is, admittedly, a new one. Sure enough, one Frontier Airlines rider found himself not only annoying his fellow passengers but also kicked off the plane and locked in handcuffs when he decided to, ahem, relieve himself on a seat. This story is pretty wild. Here's what we know about this urine-filled flight.

While the name of the passenger isn't known publicly, his actions will go down in infamy. Roughly two hours into an otherwise-conventional flight from Denver to Charleston, SC, a man who had apparently had a few drinks started grabbing the woman seated next to him. As it was reported by Fox News, the woman was obviously not having it, and she started screaming at the man. According to other people on Flight 864, the woman loudly claimed that if this drunken man continued to touch her, she would "fucking kill him." The man, who was reportedly not only intoxicated beyond belief but out of his mind too, was soon removed from his seat to another one located towards the rear of the plane. He also reportedly verbal harassed another woman on the plane by asking her extremely inappropriate questions about her sex life. It wasn't long after the disorderly passenger was relocated, however, that he made headlines for urinating in an extremely unfortunate location.

As it was recounted by a passenger named Emily, the intoxicated individual then proceeded to pee on the seat in front of him, obviously earning the ire of his fellow passengers. Here's how Emily herself recounted the nasty situation.

And I scream, 'He's f***ing peeing. He's peeing. Oh my God.' And the flight attendant doesn't even acknowledge him at first. [The attendant] acknowledges me and says you need to calm down and stop cursing.​

The poor lady. Bad enough she had to deal with a dude peeing, but worse that she actually wasn't treated seriously at first. It wasn't long after he peed on the seat that the man found his hands locked in cuffs and taken away by law officers. While the man was eventually taken into custody for his lewd and offense actions, Emily didn't care for how Frontier Airlines handled the situation. Indeed, we're sure the airliner isn't happy to have their name associated with this nasty business, either. Thankfully, however, Emily was relocated, had her bag fees waved and given a $200 Frontier voucher. That said, I'm sure that feels like a small gift after dealing with such an unfortunate scenario.

FYI if you are so interested there are pics of him peeing out there.

Mar 23, 2013
Man Arrested After Peeing On Frontier Airplane Seat

BY WILL ASHTON

There are more than a few ways to anger people on flights. You can snore too loudly. You can kick the seat in front of you. You can smell. You can take up too much arm space. You can talk to people who clearly want to be left alone for hours. But peeing on a seat is, admittedly, a new one. Sure enough, one Frontier Airlines rider found himself not only annoying his fellow passengers but also kicked off the plane and locked in handcuffs when he decided to, ahem, relieve himself on a seat. This story is pretty wild. Here's what we know about this urine-filled flight.

While the name of the passenger isn't known publicly, his actions will go down in infamy. Roughly two hours into an otherwise-conventional flight from Denver to Charleston, SC, a man who had apparently had a few drinks started grabbing the woman seated next to him. As it was reported by Fox News, the woman was obviously not having it, and she started screaming at the man. According to other people on Flight 864, the woman loudly claimed that if this drunken man continued to touch her, she would "fucking kill him." The man, who was reportedly not only intoxicated beyond belief but out of his mind too, was soon removed from his seat to another one located towards the rear of the plane. He also reportedly verbal harassed another woman on the plane by asking her extremely inappropriate questions about her sex life. It wasn't long after the disorderly passenger was relocated, however, that he made headlines for urinating in an extremely unfortunate location.

As it was recounted by a passenger named Emily, the intoxicated individual then proceeded to pee on the seat in front of him, obviously earning the ire of his fellow passengers. Here's how Emily herself recounted the nasty situation.

And I scream, 'He's f***ing peeing. He's peeing. Oh my God.' And the flight attendant doesn't even acknowledge him at first. [The attendant] acknowledges me and says you need to calm down and stop cursing.​

The poor lady. Bad enough she had to deal with a dude peeing, but worse that she actually wasn't treated seriously at first. It wasn't long after he peed on the seat that the man found his hands locked in cuffs and taken away by law officers. While the man was eventually taken into custody for his lewd and offense actions, Emily didn't care for how Frontier Airlines handled the situation. Indeed, we're sure the airliner isn't happy to have their name associated with this nasty business, either. Thankfully, however, Emily was relocated, had her bag fees waved and given a $200 Frontier voucher. That said, I'm sure that feels like a small gift after dealing with such an unfortunate scenario.

FYI if you are so interested there are pics of him peeing out there.
I guess you could say Emily was pissed.