W/L Prediction Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
I thought we got relatively close at UT and in parts of the ISU game last year based on the flows. Wasn't the whole game, just in spurts.

Certainly wasn't Bedlam which is when most of the people who espouse to that theory get tunnel vision.
I would agree on Texas...and we won that game. So that’s why I was curious which ones we lost that he felt we played that way.

I think we just had a bad game against ISU, really. Glad we were able to pull that out at the end when both OU and TCU failed to do so.

BoutDemPokes

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
Madison, MS
Missouri State - W
S. Alabama - W
Boise State - L
Texas Tech - W
@Kansas - W
Iowa State - W
@Kansas State - L
Texas - W
@Baylor - W
@OU - L
West Virginia W
@TCU- W

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
TCU has a new QB and offensive line. Not saying we win on the road there but a bunch of moving parts have not been decided how they will perform.

I think KSU on the road will be one of our tougher games that could be a L. Iowa State is another team we can’t take lightly

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
TCU has a new QB and offensive line.
I'm with you. I just don't get the TCU love they're getting. They lost 10 senior starters including their quarterback. They are juggling their offensive line. We know what having O-line issues will do to your W/L record. When you consider the Will Grier hype train the pre-season pecking order should be:

1. OU (because OU)
2. WV (all aboard the Will Grier hype train)
3. KSU (Purple Wizard, say no more), OSU (cuz we have the talent), TCU (same as OSU, but not more talent), & UT (all hype, no QB)

We appear to have more O-line depth this year than in recent years, so the TCU game falls into the win category for the good guys.

Missouri State - W
S. Alabama - W
Boise State - W
Texas Tech - W
@Kansas - W
Iowa State - W
@Kansas State - W
Texas - W
@Baylor - W
@OU - L
West Virginia W
@TCU- W

CCG vs OU - W

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I would agree on Texas...and we won that game. So that’s why I was curious which ones we lost that he felt we played that way.
In which game did we “play not to lose” and lost last season?
Did I say we lost a game last year playing the conservative crap that Gundy does year in and year out? I don’t think I did. But usually it’s true. I did say playing not to lose will cost you games as it has for us NUMEROUS times.....maybe last year it didn’t...maybe it did.

But it’s funny how you and @PokeJ spin off on tangents that are made up in your own minds.

But I’d say TCU was pretty bad until late and losing to KSU was bad as well. Playing not to lose or poor coaching/game planning/and refusal to divert from said gameplan until too late.......take your pick. We have those elements every year. We should be ashamed of how we have handled ST’s.

But yes. We were fortunate to win the most severe case of playing not to lose that I saw last year...vs UT. We were very lucky.
Take it to the Gundy Griping thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 21, 2007
Payne County, America
Missouri State - W
S. Alabama - W
Boise State - W
Texas Tech - W
@Kansas - W
Iowa State - W
@Kansas State - W
Texas - W
@Baylor - W
@OU - W
West Virginia W
@TCU- W
BixII vs OU - W
Playoff - W
Championship game - W

15-0!!!
GO Pokes!!

Nov 5, 2011

I think we just had a bad game against ISU, really. Glad we were able to pull that out at the end when both OU and TCU failed to do so.
Re-watch the TCU game from last year and tell me we wouldn’t win 4 out of 5 times.

OSUMIKE17

A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
Re-watch the TCU game from last year and tell me we wouldn’t win 4 out of 5 times.
Oh, I don’t know. We were missing multiple starting O-linemen. That really affected our ability to run the ball. There were definitely playcalls that shouldn’t have happened (namely the WR pass) but overall, I think the inability to run is what really got us.

JimmytheGreek

Banned
Banned
Sep 20, 2017
Texas
Oh, I don’t know. We were missing multiple starting O-linemen. That really affected our ability to run the ball. There were definitely playcalls that shouldn’t have happened (namely the WR pass) but overall, I think the inability to run is what really got us.
Or the inability to run and otherwise refuse to divert from the gameplan before it’s too late(staying conservative).

OSUMIKE17

A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
Or the inability to run and otherwise refuse to divert from the gameplan before it’s too late(staying conservative).
Keep trying to encompass all different angles to fit your poor interpretation of “playing not to lose.”

It’s entertaining stuff for sure.

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
Missouri State - W
S. Alabama - W
Boise State - W
Texas Tech - W
Kansas - W
Iowa State - W
Kansas State - W
Texas - W
Baylor - W
OU - L
West Virginia W
TCU - L

I'm going with 10-2.

* I really believe we'll win the nonconference games at home.
* I don't see us struggling with Iowa St, Tx Tech, Baylor, or Kansas,
* I don't think we'll go on the road and beat OU/TCU (which beat us last year in Stillwater).
* Three games will determine our season; Texas, West Virginia, @Kansas St.

So I think we'll be somewhere between 7-5 or 10-2. Optimistically, I'm taking the 10-2.