W/L Prediction Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
I really wish I was more confident but there are too many unknowns...not only with the Cowboys, but several other teams as well.

Missouri State - W
S. Alabama - W
Boise State - L
Texas Tech - W
@ Kansas - W
Iowa State - W
@ Kansas State - W
Texas - L
@ Baylor - W
@ OU - L
West Virginia - L
@ TCU - W

Two losses could swing pretty easy (BSU and UT), while three wins could turn into dogfights and swing also (ISU, KSU, TCU). That being said, if we win out up to UT, I would pick us in that one. An ass-kicking at BU the following week and I would then pick us over OU and WVU since it would mean our D has come around.

Sep 8, 2007
I'm kind of joking, but expect something like this due to the average PMI (Poke Misery Index):

Missouri State - W
S. Alabama - W
Boise State - L
Texas Tech - L --- Voice of Public Opinion: (Fire Gundy! Burn it down!)
Kansas - W
Iowa State - W
Kansas State - W --- Voice of Public Opinion: (Fake rally, the worst is yet to come!)
Texas - W
Baylor - W
OU - W --- Voice of Public Opinion: (This is the best year!)
West Virginia W
TCU - W

10-2 going into the Big 12 Title Game

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
I really wish I was more confident but there are too many unknowns...not only with the Cowboys, but several other teams as well.

Missouri State - W
S. Alabama - W
Boise State - L
Texas Tech - W
@ Kansas - W
Iowa State - W
@ Kansas State - W
Texas - L
@ Baylor - W
@ OU - L
West Virginia - L
@ TCU - W

Two losses could swing pretty easy (BSU and UT), while three wins could turn into dogfights and swing also (ISU, KSU, TCU). That being said, if we win out up to UT, I would pick us in that one. An ass-kicking at BU the following week and I would then pick us over OU and WVU since it would mean our D has come around.
Our defense played pretty damn well against WV on the road last season. Not sure why that would change at home this season. We also abused them with the run game last season and that aspect of our offense will be even better this year.

Feb 7, 2007
Sand Springs OK
Every one of you predictors of a loss to UT need to stop reading the bevy of summer football magazines you seem to be drawing from for your "insights." UT hasn't done jack in years yet those magazines keep making predictions that never come true. UT has a crap-ton of money and first draw on prime Texas prep football beef yet can't pull all the parts together. As another poster noted, I'll believe when I see it on the field and the scoreboard. Until then, they get no R-E-S-P-E-C-T here. H/T for the passing of the Queen of Soul this week...

Aug 16, 2012
Our defense played pretty damn well against WV on the road last season. Not sure why that would change at home this season. We also abused them with the run game last season and that aspect of our offense will be even better this year.
Uh, we have a completely different defense this year. Supposed to be better, but until they show it, the fact remains, we have a completely different defense. That, and last year was last year. This year has yet to shake out with everything that transpired last year being moot.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
Uh, we have a completely different defense this year. Supposed to be better, but until they show it, the fact remains, we have a completely different defense. That, and last year was last year. This year has yet to shake out with everything that transpired last year being moot.
I mean, even if they are the same as last year, the defense still dominated them.

Similar personnel with more experience, right? So unless you think the defense will be worse?

Nobody knows what will happen but I think everyone tries to use the information that we have.

stonewallpoke

Provider Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Fort Stewart, GA
The scheme is different. But we return half of the interceptions and the only sack we got from that game.

And the score wasn't even as close as it looked, as WVU got 14 points off of non-offensive plays.

I think picking the WVU game as a loss is trendy because the national media is super high on Will Grier because of the QB talent that graduated last year. But as Mike said, it was our run game (King in particular) that hurt WVU last year, and our line should be better along with the RBs more seasoned. Plus, if Cornelius is the man, he's apparently under-rated as a runner, so I like our odds.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
I mean, even if they are the same as last year, the defense still dominated them.

Similar personnel with more experience, right? So unless you think the defense will be worse?

Nobody knows what will happen but I think everyone tries to use the information that we have.
I agree. I don’t think we will have trouble with WVU. I think they are very over rated. I see the challenges being KSU, OU, Texas and TCU.

Oct 30, 2007
No idea game by game too much parity in the league other than OU, that is a loss. I would be ecstatic about 9-2, ok with 8-3, disappointed with 7-4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PokeIncognito

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Aug 1, 2013
Missouri State - W
S. Alabama - W
Boise State - W
Texas Tech - W
Kansas - W
Iowa State - W
Kansas State - W
Texas - W
Baylor - W
OU - L
West Virginia W
TCU - L

The run game is going to open up the pass game as opposed to last year. One of the best running back units in the country with the best O-line we’ve had since 2012.

Gundy has alluded to pacing the offense based on the QB we are facing and I think that will absolutely pay dividends. Cornelius will be better than people are realizing. Not as good as Rudolph, but better than Chelf.

The defense is the big X factor. I do think we will get burned for big plays at times. The difference will be that the defense will likely play many less plays while giving them up.

This means fresher legs in the 2nd and 4th quarters which absolutely crushed us in the last few years.

I’m predicting 10-2 but I could see a loss on the road to KSU as well to make it 9-3.
Pretty much what I’m thinking. First real game is basically OU

Aug 16, 2005
We may lose some games, but I don't see those losses being WV, Texas or TCU. Texas still has Ol and quarter back issues..WV has no defense and TCU has no offense.

Jul 22, 2014
Missouri State - W
S. Alabama - W
Boise State - W (not particularly confident though)
Texas Tech - W
@Kansas - W
Iowa State - W
@Kansas State - W
Texas - W
@Baylor - W
@OU - L
West Virginia W
@TCU- L

Jun 21, 2006
Realistically I see this team going to k-state undefeated. We may keep rolling but we could also endure an epic collapse. Like in 2014

Oct 30, 2007
No idea game by game too much parity in the league other than OU, that is a loss. I would be ecstatic about 9-2, ok with 8-3, disappointed with 7-4.
You do realize we play 12 games?
No, we play eleven, Missouri state is not even in our division and we should not be playing them; that one does not count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk