W/L Prediction Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

LakeCowboy

1945 National Champions
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK
It's still early, but I'm curious how folks see this season playing out? Here's my early guess:

Missouri State - W
S. Alabama - W
Boise State - L
Texas Tech - W
Kansas - W
Iowa State - W
Kansas State - W
Texas - L
Baylor - W
OU - L
West Virginia W
TCU - L

8-4
Missouri State - W
S. Alabama - W
Boise State - W
Texas Tech - W
Kansas - W
Iowa State - W
Kansas State - L
Texas - W
Baylor - W
OU - L
West Virginia W
TCU - W
XII Championship Game - L

10-3 + a bowl game

Apr 14, 2008
Texas
Missouri State - W
S. Alabama - W
Boise State - W
Texas Tech - W
@ Kansas - W
Iowa State - W
@ Kansas State - W
Texas - W
@ Baylor - W
@ OU - L
West Virginia W
@ TCU - W
OU - W
Semis v Penn St - W
NCG v Bama - W

Corndog is our Tee Martin

1534455709319.png

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2010
Really surprised so many are picking TCU as a loss with WVU and KSU as wins. TCU is breaking in a new QB as well, and their stadium isn't exactly a huge road game. Sure, they always field a solid team, but I think KSU, WVU and Boise, and even Texas are more scary than the frogs.

MSU - W
S. Bama - W
Boise - L
Tech - W
KU - W
ISU - W
KSU - L
Texas - L
BAylor - W
OU - W
WVU - L
TCU - W

8-4 with a dominating bowl win. I could easily see a loss to Tech and ISU as well because we are overdue, but I'm thinking if that happens, then my KSU and Texas predictions go the other way and are wins. And we only seem to be able to beat OU when we're not supposed to even compete, so if we come into that game at a very pedestrian 5-4 or 4-5, then maybe we can win it.

Mar 31, 2011
Missouri State - W
S. Alabama - W
Boise State - W
Texas Tech - W
@ Kansas - W
Iowa State - L
@ Kansas State - L
Texas - W
@ Baylor - W
@ OU - W, OT
West Virginia W
@ TCU - W

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
Really surprised so many are picking TCU as a loss with WVU and KSU as wins. TCU is breaking in a new QB as well, and their stadium isn't exactly a huge road game. Sure, they always field a solid team, but I think KSU, WVU and Boise, and even Texas are more scary than the frogs.

MSU - W
S. Bama - W
Boise - L
Tech - W
KU - W
ISU - W
KSU - L
Texas - L
BAylor - W
OU - W
WVU - L
TCU - W

8-4 with a dominating bowl win. I could easily see a loss to Tech and ISU as well because we are overdue, but I'm thinking if that happens, then my KSU and Texas predictions go the other way and are wins. And we only seem to be able to beat OU when we're not supposed to even compete, so if we come into that game at a very pedestrian 5-4 or 4-5, then maybe we can win it.
I don’t see how WV or Texas are scarier than the Frogs especially since both those games are at home and we haven’t had as much trouble with them recently as we have with TCU.

I won’t believe Texas is back until I see it. As of now, they lost their best defensive player and still don’t have an offense worth mentioning. Both their run and pass game were awful all the way up to the end of last season.

West Virginia is pretty much the exact opposite. We’ve handled their passing attack well recently including dominating them last year. Their defense is going to be pretty bad as well.

I think those are both easier wins than TCU.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
It's still early, but I'm curious how folks see this season playing out? Here's my early guess:

Missouri State - W
S. Alabama - W
Boise State - L
Texas Tech - W
Kansas - W
Iowa State - W
Kansas State - W
Texas - L
Baylor - W
OU - L
West Virginia W
TCU - L

8-4
I feel most of this, swap the w/l from Texas to KSU and put a W for Boise.

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
Missouri State - W
S. Alabama - W
Boise State - W
Texas Tech - W
Kansas - W
Iowa State - W
Kansas State - W
Texas - W
Baylor - W
OU - L
West Virginia W
TCU - L

The run game is going to open up the pass game as opposed to last year. One of the best running back units in the country with the best O-line we’ve had since 2012.

Gundy has alluded to pacing the offense based on the QB we are facing and I think that will absolutely pay dividends. Cornelius will be better than people are realizing. Not as good as Rudolph, but better than Chelf.

The defense is the big X factor. I do think we will get burned for big plays at times. The difference will be that the defense will likely play many less plays while giving them up.

This means fresher legs in the 2nd and 4th quarters which absolutely crushed us in the last few years.

I’m predicting 10-2 but I could see a loss on the road to KSU as well to make it 9-3.
Looks about right. I think UT could get us this yr as well.

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
Missouri State - W
S. Alabama - W
Boise State - W
Texas Tech - W
Kansas - W
Iowa State - W
Kansas State - W
Texas - W
Baylor - W
OU - L
West Virginia W
TCU - L

The run game is going to open up the pass game as opposed to last year. One of the best running back units in the country with the best O-line we’ve had since 2012.

Gundy has alluded to pacing the offense based on the QB we are facing and I think that will absolutely pay dividends. Cornelius will be better than people are realizing. Not as good as Rudolph, but better than Chelf.

The defense is the big X factor. I do think we will get burned for big plays at times. The difference will be that the defense will likely play many less plays while giving them up.

This means fresher legs in the 2nd and 4th quarters which absolutely crushed us in the last few years.

I’m predicting 10-2 but I could see a loss on the road to KSU as well to make it 9-3.
What makes you think Cornelius will be better than Chelf?

OSUMIKE17

A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
What makes you think Cornelius will be better than Chelf?
Stronger arm, more length, I think he’ll be just as accurate if not more so.

I think people forget that Chelf’s stats in 2013 weren’t very good. He only completed 56% of his passes at 7.5 yards per completion, 17 TDs to 8 INTs.

Those aren’t exactly above average numbers. I think Cornelius will do better.

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO

MSU - W
S. Bama - W
Boise - L
Tech - W
KU - W
ISU - W
KSU - L
Texas - L
BAylor - W
OU - W
WVU - L
TCU - W

Tech is going to be terrible. I do have a strange feeling about ISU though. Until I know how good we are at QB, it’s one of those games we’re I’m not quite sure.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Missouri State - W
A few hickups early, but the RBs will dominate. Corndog will do an effective job, but expect to see Brown and Sanders in the second half.

S. Alabama - W
Look for better passing from Corndog as he and the WRs show better CHEMISTRY. Also, Corndog will run for 75 yards as SA drops to cover the passing lanes. Another 100+ yards for Hill and Tyron Wallace (each).

Boise State - W
First big test of the year and this one is won by the Cowboys defense. After some concerning struggles in the first two games, the D starts to get comfortable with Knowles new system. The D line will harangue and harass BSU all day.

Texas Tech - W
Big 12 opener is another shootout. TT will finally invent the defense and show a side of Red Raider no one has ever seen. But RB Hill will keep the TT offense off the field in a nailbiter of a Cowboy win.

Kansas - W
Finally a much needed break after Boise State and TT. Everyone plays, even Robert Allen, as Cowboys roll to 5-0. Spencer gets his chance to show how exciting the Cowboy future will be in the coming years. McClesky and Stoner run roughshod over the Jayhawks.

Iowa State - W
The Trap Game of the year. The Cowboys are feeling a little too confident coming into this game and ISU takes advantage early for a halftime lead. Now we'll see how Corndog does under some real pressure. Not well as Spencer Sanders comes in and along with Justice Hill leads the Cowboys in an awesome comeback win.

Kansas State - L
Damn you, Bill Snyder. KSU is always a tough game and Bill Snyder shows why he's the best coach in football. We play like crap in all facets. I don't know if we were looking forward to UT at Homecoming, but we're caught snoozing again.

Texas - W
Homecoming. Barry Sanders and the War Pigs bring back some great memories of our best player ever. Barry's statue is unveiled at halftime to an adoring crowd. This is a great game as each team trades blows. It comes down to the wire and the Cowboy D wins the game with a late stop.

Baylor - W
The Wake Up in Waco. Homecoming hangover and the Bears play their best game of the year. In what should be a Cowboy waltz, the Baptist are showing signs of life. Once again, the OSU D is keeping us in the game. This is where Sanders comes in late and wins the game with the help of Tryon and Stoner.

OU - L
Seems like we play the sooners better in Norman. This is Spencer Sanders first start. The sooner D is the difference as turnovers kill our chance at a win.

West Virginia W
Back at home and against Holgy. The OSU D takes it to the Mountaineers with a mountain of turnovers that stymie Holgy again. We're still in the hunt for a Big 12 title as each team has at least one loss.

TCU - L
Big game for both as TCU is tied with ou for the Big 12 lead. This is a must win for us to have a chance at the conference crown. Patterson's game plan is better than Gundy's and the the Frogs prove too much at home in a close win.

stonewallpoke

가라
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Gunsan City, Korea
I don't see a single game on our schedule that I don't think we'll win. I think that pretty much every year since Gundy took over. I know it won't shake out like that, but it's just how I feel.

If I had to pick games I think we could lose, I would pick at Kansas State and at OU. I'm guessing we we win 9 regular season games and take the bowl game. Kansas State always plays us tough even if we're better, and even OU without Mayfield will always be a tough game for us. Add in some weird game where the other team catches every single damned break and we can't get out of our own way for some reason, I can see us going 9-3.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Side note:

The DVR is set for the 1st game! I know the season is getting here when I can see the game on the preview guide!!

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Last year we all had very high expectations due to the returning talent at QB and WR. We failed to see how hard it would be to replace key defensive players and that the offensive line was still a work in progress. This year we replace the QB and the President but the Oline is more solid and the DL may be the strength of the entire team. I actually think we win as many or more games than last year, in hind site it looks like an 11 win year to me IF our new QB is what I think he is. In fact, if he's what I think he is Jimmy will be questioning why Gundy was starting Mason last year by mid-season. ;-)

11-2 including the bowl win

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
I don’t see how WV or Texas are scarier than the Frogs especially since both those games are at home and we haven’t had as much trouble with them recently as we have with TCU.

I won’t believe Texas is back until I see it. As of now, they lost their best defensive player and still don’t have an offense worth mentioning. Both their run and pass game were awful all the way up to the end of last season.

West Virginia is pretty much the exact opposite. We’ve handled their passing attack well recently including dominating them last year. Their defense is going to be pretty bad as well.

I think those are both easier wins than TCU.
From everything I read, TCU has lost significant pieces on the offensive line and has some injuries. This may not be a problem towards the end of the season but I think there is a good chance that TCU struggles this season atleast on offense.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Missouri State - W
S. Alabama - W
Boise State - W
Texas Tech - W
Kansas - W
Iowa State - W
Kansas State - W
Texas - W
Baylor - W
OU - W
West Virginia W
TCU - W

OSUMIKE17

A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
From everything I read, TCU has lost significant pieces on the offensive line and has some injuries. This may not be a problem towards the end of the season but I think there is a good chance that TCU struggles this season atleast on offense.
They have lost 4 of their 5 O-linemen. Breaking in a new QB. Lost their best DT for the year.

But yeah, being at the end of the year and on the road, it’s either that game or the KSU game that I think will be a loss.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I already gave my prediction, but just wanted to add that I think the sky is the limit. To me it depends on 2 key items

1. Is the new defense ready to step up and carry their share of the load.

2. How good will our QB play be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk