W/L Prediction Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 17, 2012
It's still early, but I'm curious how folks see this season playing out? Here's my early guess:

Missouri State - W
S. Alabama - W
Boise State - L
Texas Tech - W
Kansas - W
Iowa State - W
Kansas State - W
Texas - L
Baylor - W
OU - L
West Virginia W
TCU - L

8-4

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
It's still early, but I'm curious how folks see this season playing out? Here's my early guess:

Missouri State - W
S. Alabama - W
Boise State - L
Texas Tech - W
Kansas - W
Iowa State - W
Kansas State - W
Texas - L
Baylor - W
OU - L
West Virginia W
TCU - L

8-4
Not bad. I’m buying the Corn Dog hype so I think we beat. Boise.

9-3 and tack on a bowl win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
Missouri State - W
S. Alabama - W
Boise State - W
Texas Tech - W
Kansas - W
Iowa State - W
Kansas State - W
Texas - W
Baylor - W
OU - L
West Virginia W
TCU - L

The run game is going to open up the pass game as opposed to last year. One of the best running back units in the country with the best O-line we’ve had since 2012.

Gundy has alluded to pacing the offense based on the QB we are facing and I think that will absolutely pay dividends. Cornelius will be better than people are realizing. Not as good as Rudolph, but better than Chelf.

The defense is the big X factor. I do think we will get burned for big plays at times. The difference will be that the defense will likely play many less plays while giving them up.

This means fresher legs in the 2nd and 4th quarters which absolutely crushed us in the last few years.

I’m predicting 10-2 but I could see a loss on the road to KSU as well to make it 9-3.

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
I like 8-4 or 9-3. Corndog the killer over OU.

Missouri State - W
S. Alabama - W
Boise State - W
Texas Tech - W
Kansas - W
Iowa State - W
Kansas State - L
Texas - L
Baylor - W
OU - W
West Virginia W
TCU - L

Nov 17, 2012
Missouri State - W
S. Alabama - W
Boise State - W
Texas Tech - W
Kansas - W
Iowa State - W
Kansas State - W
Texas - W
Baylor - W
OU - L
West Virginia W
TCU - L

The run game is going to open up the pass game as opposed to last year. One of the best running back units in the country with the best O-line we’ve had since 2012.

Gundy has alluded to pacing the offense based on the QB we are facing and I think that will absolutely pay dividends. Cornelius will be better than people are realizing. Not as good as Rudolph, but better than Chelf.

The defense is the big X factor. I do think we will get burned for big plays at times. The difference will be that the defense will likely play many less plays while giving them up.

This means fresher legs in the 2nd and 4th quarters which absolutely crushed us in the last few years.

I’m predicting 10-2 but I could see a loss on the road to KSU as well to make it 9-3.
I like your reasoning. Everything I've read about the 4-2-5 and Knowles hyper-aggressive philosophy has me very excited.

Jan 1, 2011
Houston
Missouri State - W
S. Alabama - W
Boise State - W
Texas Tech - W
Kansas - W
Iowa State - W
Kansas State - L
Texas - W
Baylor - W
OU - L
West Virginia W
TCU - L

9-3 + bowl game

Nov 8, 2013
Missouri State - W (+++++)
S. Alabama - W (+++++)
Boise State - W (++)
Texas Tech - W (+++)
@Kansas - W (++++)
Iowa State - W (++)
@Kansas State - W (+)
Texas - W (+)
@Baylor - W (++++)
@OU - W (+)
West Virginia W (+)
@TCU - L (- -)

Instead of picking a loss in Bedlam every year until we win repeatedly, I am going against the grain and predicting (through orange colored glasses) a win in Bedlam until... well, until there is evidence that we lost.

If we look bad against Boise State, this all goes away as laughable. They're a very solid OOC challenge, but I think we pull away late for the tone-setting win. We have a historically good record in close games (other than Bedlam), so I think we get out of close ones with Kansas State, Texas and West Virginia. Depth is better this year, but still not enough at TCU. 11-1 with a rematch against someone in the Big XII Championship Game.

I love our excellence at RB and WR. Gundy expressing optimism about the OL and new-found depth. Defense is deeper than recent past and most importantly they're fired up about the new scheme. Opposing QB's not as elite as in recent years. Corndog is going to surprise and we have solid options should he struggle or get beat up and need a break. Ammendola can hit from 50. While probably 2-3 games over-optimistic, my dream prediction is not totally baseless or outlandish... (OK, maybe it is...)

Time to head to the cafe and grab some more of something orange to drink...
[Legend: +++++ = 35+ pt margin, ++++ = 24+ pt margin, +++ = 14+ pt margin, ++ 10+ pt margin, + = <=7 pt margin]

Last edited:

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Missouri State - W
S. Alabama - W
Boise State - W
Texas Tech - W
Kansas - W
Iowa State - W
Kansas State - W
Texas - W
Baylor - W
OU - L
West Virginia W
TCU - L

Agree with all of that.
F anyone that thinks we lose to Texas.

OSUMIKE17

A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
I like your reasoning. Everything I've read about the 4-2-5 and Knowles hyper-aggressive philosophy has me very excited.
Listen to this podcast if you have an hour to burn. Very knowledgeable and detailed breakdown of what to expect versus what we had under Spencer.

https://twitter.com/tapedoesntliepd/status/1029387573246996480?s=21

OSUMIKE17

A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
Worth noting, TCU just lost one of their defensive anchors for the year.

https://twitter.com/frogsowar/status/1029874922280116224?s=21

Cro

Sheriff
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
I'm guessing 9-3 w/ losses to the soonies, frogs and either the cats or the potato eaters. anything better that 9 wins is cake. worried about our D, but that's no different than any other season. but, looking forward to seeing the new philosophy in action. I think TC will be fine and don't see that drastic of a let down in O output. ready for football...........

OSUMIKE17

A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
I'm guessing 9-3 w/ losses to the soonies, frogs and either the cats or the potato eaters. anything better that 9 wins is cake. worried about our D, but that's no different than any other season. but, looking forward to seeing the new philosophy in action. I think TC will be fine and don't see that drastic of a let down in O output. ready for football...........
That September game with OU going to Ames is going to be really interesting.

If OU can’t get consistent QB play that early in the season, they may walk out of there with a loss.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Lots of optimism...I think 9 wins or better is an excellent year considering what we lost in terms of offensive firepower...yes I know we are replacing most, if not all, with nearly equal talent at least in terms of quality. Time will tell if corny is the answer...certainly hope he is...If so, Katy bar the door...we going to be good!

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I won't even hazard a guess at the moment, it all depends on QB play and how the new defensive schemes fare in the Big 12. Looking at the schedule, I see 4 games that will be W's no matter what, 4 others that should be W's but aren't gimmes, especially if the two variables mentioned above are deficient, and 4 more that are toss ups or worse.