Viewing OSU Sports

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
After getting some advice here I cut the satellite cord, got the stick and use internet. Couldn't be happier - subscribed to Nflix and Hulu, already had Amazon Prime for free shipping (I live out in the country so shop a lot on Amazon from home). By the way, added a tv antenna and also have access to several local channels for news and weather.

But now a new question: going into a new year of OSU Athletics, I'm wondering what subscription(s) I should add. I haven't had to worry about this before as I had satellite channels. Sounds like some of our games will be on Fox Sports under the old contract and some will be via ESPN+ streaming. Can someone give me a Reader's Digest version of what will be where? If you could only suscribe to one, which would it be?

El Gato Bandito

that log had a child
Jan 5, 2009
Espn+ is good worth the cost in my opinion. You can do a free trial to see for yourself if you find value in it. You won’t really have a good way of watching fox games unless you illegally stream.

Well

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Dec 17, 2009
Used to have Sling. But Direct TV Now has a better package with sports. When I had Sling, you had to buy higher priced packages to get all the sports channels. That's been a few years ago though. Sling's been advertising pretty hard, so maybe their packages have changed.

Aug 16, 2012
I have cut the cord as well but admittedly, I do not watch much TV. Wife has a Sling package that quite frankly, is the most banal assembly of channels I have ever seen as it is not geared to anything in particular but do find it to be heavy in reality/cooking/home shows. Anyway, when I cannot get the game on any one of those options, I call up the Sling guys and ask for a trial for the package that is more sports oriented, just before a known OSU game, and then cancelling a couple days later. I have done this twice in a single season before and the chai waller who wants me to believe his name is "George" is usually none the wiser. Usually only a game or two each season I cannot access by being creative and those are typically early OOC games.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
After getting some advice here I cut the satellite cord, got the stick and use internet. Couldn't be happier - subscribed to Nflix and Hulu, already had Amazon Prime for free shipping (I live out in the country so shop a lot on Amazon from home). By the way, added a tv antenna and also have access to several local channels for news and weather.

But now a new question: going into a new year of OSU Athletics, I'm wondering what subscription(s) I should add. I haven't had to worry about this before as I had satellite channels. Sounds like some of our games will be on Fox Sports under the old contract and some will be via ESPN+ streaming. Can someone give me a Reader's Digest version of what will be where? If you could only suscribe to one, which would it be?
https://www.reddit.com/r/ncaaBBallStreams/
https://www.reddit.com/r/CFBStreams/

Those two subs will have every game for every team as long as it's on tv in some way. All completely free. I'm sure they have a baseball one but I dont really watch baseball.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii

When I'm out in the sticks, btw Oklahoma has nothing like the sticks in Washington, I use sirius satellite radio.