Very interesting very early stats

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Exactly...that means Boise State is a tougher opponent than UCLA.
It’s not OU’s fault that Ucla sucks as they didn’t know that when they scheduled them. But... Ucla sucks and so does FAU. OU does try to put together a respectable OOC schedule but this year it just didn’t materialize. They did enough that they won’t get punished for it but it won’t benefit them either.

Boise certainly has OSU fans feeling a bit uneasy. But OU fans would feel the same way if they were coming to Norman this weekend. This is one of those rare years where if you were trying to get to 3-0 in OOC you’d rather have OU’s schedule vs OSU’s. The only “scary” game is Boise out of the 6 on the docket.

Apr 14, 2018
Owasso
It’s not OU’s fault that Ucla sucks as they didn’t know that when they scheduled them. But... Ucla sucks and so does FAU. OU does try to put together a respectable OOC schedule but this year it just didn’t materialize. They did enough that they won’t get punished for it but it won’t benefit them either.

Boise certainly has OSU fans feeling a bit uneasy. But OU fans would feel the same way if they were coming to Norman this weekend. This is one of those rare years where if you were trying to get to 3-0 in OOC you’d rather have OU’s schedule vs OSU’s. The only “scary” game is Boise out of the 6 on the docket.
The reason I said that is because Gooner is trying to prove some sort of point, which has spilled over from a different thread. He keeps saying "scheduling power 5 for non conference is always better, even if they aren't ranked". In reality a ranked team always looks better than a non ranked team, especially when the non ranked team is nowhere close to the top 25. I understand that scheduling power 5 brand names increases the probability of a marquee matchup, but it is far from guaranteed. What matters is how good the team is and what they are ranked when you play them.

May 20, 2010
Bethel Acres, OK
OU plays a name brand blue chip OOC opponent every year. They rarely play an FCS opponent. FAU was an 11 win team last year. G5? Sure. But they still had a respectable head coach (from a football standpoint) and were a top ten offense last year. UCLA is a blue chip program who recruits well every year. They play home games in the Rose Bowl for crying out loud. Chip Kelly is an extremely respectable college head coach and their team is talented. It’s not the biggest marquee OOC we’ve ever had. But it’s nothing to look down on. One thing I can say that you can’t, is I knew going into the UCLA game that OU was gonna drum them. You can’t say that about Boise State. Even with your “top ten ranked statistical team”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dumbest. post. ever.

They are good because they have a respectable head coach???

They are good because they play their home games in the Rose Bowl???

Location of home games and head coach respect-o-meter determines how good a team is. Well, Sh!t, we are doing the whole playoff selection thing wrong then.

Comedy Gold dude!!!!

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
Since 07
OU ooc (non bowl) - vs P5 / Houston and Independent -- 9 - 5
OSU ooc (non bowl) - vs P5 / Houston -- 8 - 4

OU gets credit for the oh st scheduling otherwise there's not much difference, yes ND but look at ND's record

You play who is in front of you, if that team backs out you are left to scramble (hence the SS debacle)

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
UCLA is a blue chip program who recruits well every year. They play home games in the Rose Bowl for crying out loud.
Big frickin deal! Texass is blue chip too and we know how much they suck. UCLA sucks this year. Pure and simple. Boise St is ranked, UCLA isn't. Get off of it! You're shit stinks, that dog don't hunt, UCLA is all hat and no cattle.
No one is gonna care about the Boise State matchup in the playoff committee. No matter how much you try to project one over another. No one.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
No one is gonna care about the Boise State matchup in the playoff committee. No matter how much you try to project one over another. No one.

You have invested a lot of effort to bedowngrade our matchup against a ranked nonconference opponent. Maybe if you guys had one you'd be less uptight about it.

Aug 3, 2018
Arizona
And Boise State had no way of knowing that UCONN would be JuCo quality at best this year. UCONN won 3 football games last season...

A decisive win over Boise State will move us up nicely in the rankings (and rankings do matter).

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
No one is gonna care about the UCLA matchup in the playoff committee. No matter how much you try to project one over another. No one.
FIFY
Doesn’t matter. OU already has the benefit of the doubt with the playoff committee. Know who doesn’t?

Oklahoma State. Hence my point.

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City

You're right. Wins over ranked teams don't matter at all. Do away with all the rankings until its time for the playoff. You make it so easy to make you look foolish. Just like the "bowl games don't matter" take you had in the thread.

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
You're right. Wins over ranked teams don't matter at all. Do away with all the rankings until its time for the playoff. You make it so easy to make you look foolish. Just like the "bowl games don't matter" take you had in the thread.
He’s just living up to his screen name. Truth in advertising does exist.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
He’s just living up to his screen name. Truth in advertising does exist.
Might want to steer away from those generalizations “Monkey”