Vegas odds to win big 12 (football)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 9, 2013
Oklahoma +150
Texas +350
Oklahoma State +500
West Virginia +600
TCU +800
Baylor +1600
Kansas State +1600
Iowa State +2000
Texas Tech +2500
Kansas +10000

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Considering the irrational love for UT vegas has (I get it, it's all about the betters), that's practically like being preseason #2.

Can't complain about that one.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I figured WVU would be #2 returning the most proven QB.

The folks putting their money on Tom Herman and Texas must know something I don't.
They know there are a lot of UT betters out there. They've known they "were back" for a decade now.

Sep 9, 2013
i think wvu has best qb, best lb, best tackles.
problem is wvu has holes. interior line not good. they all return but they are not good.

WVU hasnt beaten ou since we joined big 12.
WVU did add a lot talent through transfers. usc 5 star dt, clemson de who was in 2 deep rotastion last year but wants to start and is behind 2 1st round draft picks.
and some potentially very good receivers from bama and miami.

wvu is changing offense this year. will use te(jovsani haskins miami) and run more. wvu wants to use pass less, run more, so grier has more time to pass and play action works.

A lot new ppl, jucos and transfers. wvu could win big 12 or finish 6-6.

StillwaterMan

Beers and loud noises
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2010
Wheres the food at?
They know there are a lot of UT betters out there. They've known they "were back" for a decade now.
Oh I get that. Vegas is just trying to keep up with the betting. ESPN just recently had an article showing all kinds of movement in early single game lines......folks are laying it down on UT and Vegas is compensating to the tune of 6+ points in some cases.

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/i...first-college-football-point-spreads-released

I don't have any clue why people continue to get excited. Herman would be lucky to be ranked #5 in terms of coaches in the league with Gundy, LR, Patterson, and Snyder all leading the pack. Id argue for Montgomery and Holgy before Herman. They also have no clear answers at QB and an all star cast of defensive players just left UT for the draft. The "Texas has talent" formula has been proven to not equal results. The fact that Herman is following the Strong theme of bringing in assistants that he knows rather than using that UT money and going out and getting the best is all I need to know. They have a Houston Cougars coaching staff without the offensive players that they inherited while in Houston.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2010
problem is wvu has holes. interior line not good. they all return but they are not good.

WVU did add a lot talent through transfers. usc 5 star dt, clemson de who was in 2 deep rotastion last year but wants to start and is behind 2 1st round draft picks.

wvu is changing offense this year. will use te(jovsani haskins miami) and run more. wvu wants to use pass less, run more, so grier has more time to pass and play action works.

Wow, Holgy giving up on his offense?? Never thought I'd see such a thing.

LakeCowboy

1945 National Champions
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK

Kenny Bigelow Jr. was a massive bust at USC. If he starts at WVU, you're in a world of hurt at interior defensive line. He's a shell of what he was coming out as a prospect, 2 major injuries, no production at USC even w/ the chance to play, and then retiring from football during the middle of the season last year the same week their starting DT went out w/ a car crash injury. If he's a starter, WVU is going to get ran all over every week from late September through late November. Jabril Robinson was a 2 star/3 star recruit who did nothing at Clemson. Just because you play behind 1st round draft picks doesn't mean you are any good. That DLine for WVU is going to have some serious problems if those are your guys this year. TJ Simmons won't be any good. He wasn't a good prospect coming out, and he wasn't ever going to see the field at Bama on offense. His only power 5 offers were Bama and MissSt. No other Power 5 offers. Everyone had him as a 3 star but Rivals. Jovani Haskins, another 3 star recruit, could be ok, but he transferred out after Njoku left for the draft, he was never going to play at Miami. You're getting a lot of cast offs and treating them like they were elite prospects. The only elite prospect coming in is broke physically and mentally. Going to be a disappointing year if you're counting on those guys in any capacity.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Osu seems a bit high there considering what they lost and what they have coming back. OU and WVU bring the most back and should be 1 and 2, texas gets too much love but that's just how it is. they always get the benefit of the doubt.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
Osu seems a bit high there considering what they lost and what they have coming back. OU and WVU bring the most back and should be 1 and 2, texas gets too much love but that's just how it is. they always get the benefit of the doubt.
We return 3 starters on the oline . We have one if not the best RB in the big 12. The WRs are always good. We also have a very good front 7. Our secondary is susceptible but nothing different from most years except the QB. I expect OSU to win 9 games.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I don't think Baylor is ready to recover to the middle of the conference yet.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
We return 3 starters on the oline . We have one if not the best RB in the big 12. The WRs are always good. We also have a very good front 7. Our secondary is susceptible but nothing different from most years except the QB. I expect OSU to win 9 games.
It's a qb driven league, you live and die by the qb, and it's a huge factor. I feel that's Osu's most glaring question. I would be very surprised if they win 9, but it's possible.

JimmytheGreek

Banned
Banned
Sep 20, 2017
Texas
I was pretty hard on our Corners last year and deservedly so. We have the same guys. BUT....they were so young last year and they showed potential at times. The experiences they went through will make them so so much better for this season. I’ve been there and done that. Not at that level, but the mental aspect is the same. I really expect them to be ball hawks this year. It’s going to be a nice change IMO.

WV will not be in the top 3 in the conference. They lose to OU, OSU, and at least 2 more in conference.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
It's a qb driven league, you live and die by the qb, and it's a huge factor. I feel that's Osu's most glaring question. I would be very surprised if they win 9, but it's possible.
They need an average QB. They have Cornelius. I think you underestimate how much justice hill will bail any QB out. If he can throw a few decent passes then the offense will be humming. He doesn’t need to throw huge passes like Rudolph. He just needs to be a threat to be dangerous. Honestly, the Hawaii transfer is the coin toss. If he can play then OSU will be very good. OSU has won games with decent QBs and I think they will atleast have that.

Mar 31, 2011
They need an average QB. They have Cornelius. I think you underestimate how much justice hill will bail any QB out. If he can throw a few decent passes then the offense will be humming. He doesn’t need to throw huge passes like Rudolph. He just needs to be a threat to be dangerous. Honestly, the Hawaii transfer is the coin toss. If he can play then OSU will be very good. OSU has won games with decent QBs and I think they will atleast have that.
Hey, no need in explaining that to a Sooner fan. Other than Sammy Bradford, all they've ever had is a "decent" at best QB and they've won plenty of games.