USMNT

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

stonewallpoke

Provider Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Fort Stewart, GA
While Clark has picked himself up after his disaster in South Africa, and I like that for him, I'm scared of him returning to the national team. Then again, you could say that about a lot of guys we've seen Klinnsman experiment with.

I'll be really interested to see this team take someone on at full strength.

Oct 29, 2011
I understand that if they put US vs. Mexico games close to the Mexican border, they get a better crowd, which means more money. But you have to admit, do they even think about home field advantage in these games? Stick it up in Seattle or something..

Nov 19, 2009
Dallas
I understand that if they put US vs. Mexico games close to the Mexican border, they get a better crowd, which means more money. But you have to admit, do they even think about home field advantage in these games? Stick it up in Seattle or something..
Well the team will be training in Frisco starting on the 19th and they wanted to get one game in before leaving for qualifying. Mexico was an obvious choice because of location and the chance that we might see them again a month later.

For WC qualifying games against Mexico, they usually do it out east or north. I think Seattle would be a great place to play Mexico. That stadium is loud as hell for Sounders games, I can only imagine it for a USMNT game.

stonewallpoke

Provider Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Fort Stewart, GA
Because of the melting pot nature of the USA, and because it's Mexico, you could play the game in Maine and still not get a home field advantage, in all likelihood.

Oh, and just saw on ESPN that we're playing Brazil in Maryland. We're 1-15 against Brazil. Ouch.

OSUndefeated

Federal Marshal
Apr 25, 2011
I'll be at the USA-Mexico game in Frisco. I live like 15 minutes away. Expect the crowd to be at least 80% Mexican, probably more lopsided than that.