Unrest in Gaza as US opens new embassy in Jerusalem

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/996079090951184385
770 shot? By "snipers" and only 52 dead?

Can they really be considered "snipers" with that kind of horrendous kill ratio?

ORRRRRR are numbers being inflated? ORRRRRR has the word "sniper" become the new scary coin phrase for any military bodied person with a "fully semi-automatic assault weapon"? :facepalm:

Do people actually buy this sh*t when it's written/reported like this? Do we have a massively uninformed populace or a massively uninformed media pool? Or both? I can't help but laugh when crap like this is reported.

Could 770 people be injured from gun fire and rioting with 52 dead? Absolutely! But it wasn't at the hands of trained Israeli "snipers".

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
I'm so happy that HRC and the DNC cheated this guy out of the Nomination. He is just no where near reality

https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/996062472657342465
I still think he's "less of a moron" than HRC... but yeah, the reality is the rioters are armed (with weapons that can assault and absolutely can and will kill)... and this dolt expects them to do what? NOT defend themselves and their populace? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Nov 26, 2008
Weird how everyone in the media goes right with the Hey, its just regular old average Joes so fed up with Trump's decision on the embassy they decided to rise up in protesting anger

Then when a protester or Hamas leader is interviewed (and their quotes are actually published) they don't ever bring up the embassy.

Hmmm

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
Australia
This senseless loss of life can be blamed completely on those who are using this occasion to incite violence purely for their own ends. One independent country chose to acknowledge what another independent country says is their capital, that's all that has happened. Turkey, Iran and other countries certainly wouldn't allow the the UN to dictate what city their capital is. This situation will only continue to get worse until the international community starts to place the blame squarely on the shoulders of those responsible for it and hold them accountable. Anybody trying to place the blame elsewhere is only contributing to more violence in the future as those actually causing it realize it's working in their favor.
I'm not taking sides but this nowhere near that simple or it would have been solved a long time ago.

Israeli sovereignty over Jerusalem is not recognised internationally and, according to the 1993 Israel-Palestinian peace accords, the final status of Jerusalem is meant to be discussed in the latter stages of peace talks.
Israel has occupied East Jerusalem since the 1967 Middle East war. It effectively annexed the sector, though this was not recognised by any countries until Mr Trump's declaration in December 2017.

There was a peace accord which both sides signed stating that the status of the city would be dicussed in peace talks. What Israel is doing now is not a peace talk.

I'm not the least bit anti-Israel and I am pretty much anti-Hamas/Palestine etc. But, conflicts like this are rarely ever totally innocent on one side with the other side that is "completely" aggressive and inappropriate.

Last edited:

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I'm not taking sides but this nowhere near that simple or it would have been solved a long time ago.

Israeli sovereignty over Jerusalem is not recognised internationally and, according to the 1993 Israel-Palestinian peace accords, the final status of Jerusalem is meant to be discussed in the latter stages of peace talks.
Israel has occupied East Jerusalem since the 1967 Middle East war. It effectively annexed the sector, though this was not recognised by any countries until Mr Trump's declaration in December 2017.

There was a peace accord which both sides signed stating that the status of the city would be dicussed in peace talks. What Israel is doing now is not a peace talk.

I'm not the least bit anti-Israel and I am pretty much anti-Hamas/Palestine etc. But, conflicts like this are rarely ever totally innocent on one side with the other side that is "completely" aggressive and inappropriate.
Any kind of agreement on Jerusalem would most likely have to be as some sort of partition between Israel and Palestine under which Israel could still claim Jerusalem as it's capital (in fact both could). Not to mention that Israel has tried many times to come to the table for peace and every time, it has been broken by someone else. It's kind of hard to keep saying "we'll agree on the fate of Jerusalem in future peace talks" when the other side has shown that they have no intention of ever honoring the outcome of such talks. It's been 70 years, you can't let the other side disrupt things indefinitely.

Besides, none of that is really applicable for today's violence......Israel has claimed Jerusalem as it's capital for a long time, it's not new. The only thing that has changed right now is the US has moved it's embassy to the city where Israel's federal government is located (which makes perfect sense) and the US certainly has no agreement to only decide that in future peace talks.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
On the highway to heck
https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/996079090951184385
Tear Gas by Drone...thats a new one

https://twitter.com/gregmyre1/status/996078957119311878
From the few level headed folks who aren't blaming Israel, they are criticizing the extreme tactics/results of live round use instead of more non lethal tactics being tried first.

These people should understand though that Israel has had an unofficial "shoot to kill" policy when it comes to Palestine for at least a year now
Supporters of the UN and Amnesty International need to see the post to understand where the propaganda comes from
Who cares? If one doesn't want to be killed, don't do things you know will get one shot at. Play stupid game win well deserved stupid prizes.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
Charge the Israeli border and wonder why your ass is shot...duhhhhhhhhh. Thanks the Iranians for their google maps.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
“We see the embassy as crucial to God’s timing to bring about the revelation of the messiah,” the Rev. David Swaggerty, the leader of CharismaLife Ministries in Columbus, Ohio,

“For evangelical Christians the embassy move is part of eschatology,” the expectation of what will transpire at the end of times,” explained Rabbi David Rosen, director of the American Jewish Committee‘s Department of Interreligious Affairs. “The return of the Jewish people to their ancestral homeland and the reestablishment of Jewish sovereignty in Jerusalem is seen as a stage ultimately leading to the full messianic era.”

“Certainly, when the world’s most powerful nation establishes its embassy in our eternal capital, we see the further realization of the ancient prophecy of how we have come home to rejoice in this ancient city,” said Rabbi David Stav, founder of the Tzohar rabbinical organization in Israel.

Michelle Bachmann, the former congresswoman, asked for “forgiveness from the Jewish people for the horrible and arrogant way Christians — myself included — treated and regarded the Jewish people. … I apologize profoundly and ask forgiveness from the Almighty God that these statements brought pain.”
“It has shown me how ignorant I am. I didn’t come here with the answers,”

https://religionnews.com/2018/05/14...-move-to-jerusalem-as-key-to-a-biblical-plan/

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
“We see the embassy as crucial to God’s timing to bring about the revelation of the messiah,” the Rev. David Swaggerty, the leader of CharismaLife Ministries in Columbus, Ohio,

“For evangelical Christians the embassy move is part of eschatology,” the expectation of what will transpire at the end of times,” explained Rabbi David Rosen, director of the American Jewish Committee‘s Department of Interreligious Affairs. “The return of the Jewish people to their ancestral homeland and the reestablishment of Jewish sovereignty in Jerusalem is seen as a stage ultimately leading to the full messianic era.”

“Certainly, when the world’s most powerful nation establishes its embassy in our eternal capital, we see the further realization of the ancient prophecy of how we have come home to rejoice in this ancient city,” said Rabbi David Stav, founder of the Tzohar rabbinical organization in Israel.

Michelle Bachmann, the former congresswoman, asked for “forgiveness from the Jewish people for the horrible and arrogant way Christians — myself included — treated and regarded the Jewish people. … I apologize profoundly and ask forgiveness from the Almighty God that these statements brought pain.”
“It has shown me how ignorant I am. I didn’t come here with the answers,”

https://religionnews.com/2018/05/14...-move-to-jerusalem-as-key-to-a-biblical-plan/
I don't recall the bible verse that says when a powerful country puts an embassy in Jerusalem the end is near. I really need to pick it up on my studies. Actually I thought it said the battle of Armageddon was going to be followed by a thousand years of peace. After which Satan would get one last chance to rule which would lead to the end of times.

I just love all these prophesy people.

Then there is the little issue of the temple being rebuilt. That my friend is never going to happen. The Jewish people in the world would oppose it. Somehting about the requirement to travel to the temple a couple times a year and make burnt sacrifices. No temple no requirement.