Unable to purchase

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
This is getting serious. My 3 year old is developing a natural mullet. It's weird-the back is growing faster than the front. He's about a week away from getting bribed with M&M's to see what my skills with look like.

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
I was thinking about vintage clothing stores must be having a hard time;
I am sure most stores that can have been able to adapt to a purchase online and curbside delivery, because in store browsing is not feasible right now.
I’m curious why you say In store browsing is not feasible. Hundreds of people are browsing at Lowe’s and Walmart everyday here in Stillwater. The mayor and city council are fine with with that. But if somebody wants to go into one of the small boutique stores downtown why that’s considered almost instant death. A few people at downtown mom and pop store bad. Hundreds at Walmart? That’s perfectly fine.

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
This is getting serious. My 3 year old is developing a natural mullet. It's weird-the back is growing faster than the front. He's about a week away from getting bribed with M&M's to see what my skills with look like.
I have an appointment for a haircut this weekend on the haircut underground. Nobody tell the mayor of Stillwater. I’m sure his henchman will come after me.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Lives in cities you'll never see on screen
twitter.com
I’m curious why you say In store browsing is not feasible. Hundreds of people are browsing at Lowe’s and Walmart everyday here in Stillwater. The mayor and city council are fine with with that. But if somebody wants to go into one of the small boutique stores downtown why that’s considered almost instant death. A few people at downtown mom and pop store bad. Hundreds at Walmart? That’s perfectly fine.
People at an antique store or a clothing store are putting their hands all over everything, trying on clothes. The small boutiques seem safe if it's a small amount of people at one time.

It's a completely different world and I don't like to live in fear just like everyone else. But there is no vaccine and I don't have a high opinion of the general public's common sense. I've lived amongst OU fans.

I understand in person grocery shopping. I consider eating essential.

I think anyone walking around Lowe's or Home Depot putting their hands all over stuff is either uninformed or wearing a Rudy Gobert jersey.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
The only part of the mega stores available for browsing is the grocery section and that's all structured, assembly line shopping; At my Target and Costco the non-grocery part is blocked off and is only online purchase and curbside pickup; I haven't been to Wal-Mart because it's Wal-Mart.
This is not, and never was, the case in Oklahoma... ALL WalMarts, Targets, Lowes, Home Depot... ALL large box stores had all departments open the entire time.

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
twitter.com
This is not, and never was, the case in Oklahoma... ALL WalMarts, Targets, Lowes, Home Depot... ALL large box stores had all departments open the entire time.
Yeah, I speak frequently to my dad; he lives in Tulsa. He's in his 70s in good health and I joke about him wanting his ashes to be spread in a Home Depot; but he's been all about the curbside pickup.

LOVES walking around a Home Depot or Lowe's - It's his Disneyland; He's a retired electrician and loves to remodel houses; But he's not looking to be on the couch any longer than necessary because some jackass who didn't even they know they were a carrier infected the place.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
People at an antique store or a clothing store are putting their hands all over everything, trying on clothes. The small boutiques seem safe if it's a small amount of people at one time.

It's a completely different world and I don't like to live in fear just like everyone else. But there is no vaccine and I don't have a high opinion of the general public's common sense. I've lived amongst OU fans.

I understand in person grocery shopping. I consider eating essential.

I think anyone walking around Lowe's or Home Depot putting their hands all over stuff is either uninformed or wearing a Rudy Gobert jersey.
Or they're just human beings with a lifetime of habits & behavior. But hey, it feels good to call people names, right?

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Yeah, I speak frequently to my dad; he lives in Tulsa. He's in his 70s in good health and I joke about him wanting his ashes to be spread in a Home Depot; but he's been all about the curbside pickup.

LOVES walking around a Home Depot or Lowe's - It's his Disneyland; He's a retired electrician and loves to remodel houses; But he's not looking to be on the couch any longer than necessary because some jackass who didn't even they know they were a carrier infected the place.
Sorry to hear he is missing out on one of his "loves". Hopefully we can get back to a new normal safely and quickly so that he can get back to the things he loves.

BUT, he is doing the right thing AND the smart thing.

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
twitter.com
Or they're just human beings with a lifetime of habits & behavior. But hey, it feels good to call people names, right?
OK, you're right. My bad. People should absolutely touch as much stuff as possible because that's what's been done.

I don't think anyone is expecting perfection or 100% compliance. I think being uninformed is about a life threatening disease is normal. We are learning new information about it daily and neither the media nor the politicians have all the answers. I do trust doctors and scientists about their area of expertise. I believe doctors and scientists are doing the best to put out information to the public.

If you are reasonably knowledgeable and still putting your hands over everything like Rudy Gobert you're a sociopath and shouldn't be trusted in public nor on a message board.

Last edited:

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
What are the chances you have already had it and are now immune and never even realized you had it like the vast majority of people who get it. The antibody testing is showing there are far more people getting it and never having anything worse than minor cold like symptoms or no symptoms at all than previously thought.

I heard a report on the radio this morning that said 94% of the people in the hospitals in NY have at least one serious underlying health condition. If your under 60 and in decent health you are far more likely to die in a shooting or car wreck or any of a hundred other things than to die from this virus. As a bonus if you do get it you are far more likely to never know you had it than your are to get sick. Why live in fear of it?

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I was thinking about vintage clothing stores must be having a hard time;
I am sure most stores that can have been able to adapt to a purchase online and curbside delivery, because in store browsing is not feasible right now.
Not here in Stillwater, but there are places all over that have had big box stores only allowed to sell groceries to people in store. Home depot, Lowe's, best buy have to be curbside only.. some have only contractors can go inside home depot in some places.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Exactly my point. It has been great for mega corporations. Mom and pop not so much.
Yet Mom and Pop is where the money should go. Make an attempt to spend there if possible and do benefit to the local community. I've been trying to hit up some of the local lunch places rather than national brands lately...certainly they are struggling. I'm thinking of doing a car-inteen this afternoon down route 66 just to get a feel for the landscape again...I'm stir crazy...can't imagine what you folks that work from home feel like, so thankful I'm able to go to work and still have a job....my wife is as well.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
What are the chances you have already had it and are now immune and never even realized you had it like the vast majority of people who get it. The antibody testing is showing there are far more people getting it and never having anything worse than minor cold like symptoms or no symptoms at all than previously thought.

I heard a report on the radio this morning that said 94% of the people in the hospitals in NY have at least one serious underlying health condition. If your under 60 and in decent health you are far more likely to die in a shooting or car wreck or any of a hundred other things than to die from this virus. As a bonus if you do get it you are far more likely to never know you had it than your are to get sick. Why live in fear of it?
Still it's no reason to throw caution to the wind, we don't want to get this and pass it to parents or grandparents. Btw, funny story, my brother takes med's for his gout but only when he has flair ups, he had a flare up 3 days ago and started taking it and the other thing he had (likely Covid-19 as he ran a fever for 11 days and lost about 14 pounds couldn't taste his food and was very weak) went away as well. I told him yesterday that the gout drug he takes is in human trials for the virus...he said "damn I would have taken that 2 weeks earlier had I known that." His wife, who is 50, was also sick for about 14 days just prior to him. After seeing that experience in my family, I'm convinced that those of us over 50 don't really want this. But do go out and support your local businesses, but be safe at the same time. This is possible I think, even among ou fans.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Still it's no reason to throw caution to the wind, we don't want to get this and pass it to parents or grandparents. Btw, funny story, my brother takes med's for his gout but only when he has flair ups, he had a flare up 3 days ago and started taking it and the other thing he had (likely Covid-19 as he ran a fever for 11 days and lost about 14 pounds couldn't taste his food and was very weak) went away as well. I told him yesterday that the gout drug he takes is in human trials for the virus...he said "damn I would have taken that 2 weeks earlier had I known that." His wife, who is 50, was also sick for about 14 days just prior to him. After seeing that experience in my family, I'm convinced that those of us over 50 don't really want this. But do go out and support your local businesses, but be safe at the same time. This is possible I think, even among ou fans.
Even in the 50-60 year old crowd the vast majority of people who get it never have a symptom or the symptoms are so mild they don't think anything about it. I agree you still need to be careful it is causing a lot of people to get sick and a lot of people are dying. We can't let it control our life and world.