UAE and Israel agree to Peace Deal

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Yep, ironically Obama deserves some credit. His terrible nuclear deal with Iran actually made Israel a more appealing ally in the region.
True, I also think the Trump/Kushner "Peace Plan" allowing Israel to annex occupied territories will push some of these other countries to normalize relations using, as UAE did, the agreement to stop the annexation.

SLVRBK

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Really interesting news out of Saudi Arabia, not sure how close they are to signing but they are certainly providing cover/approval for everyone else

A Saudi Prince Declares Independence From Old Obligations
https://news.yahoo.com/saudi-prince-declares-independence-old-101240904.html

“In my own personal opinion,” he says, “we are at a stage in which, rather than being concerned with how to face the Israeli challenges in order to serve the Palestinian cause, we have to pay attention to our national security and interests.”

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Didn't Obama promise to deliver peace to the middle east because he understood them? Another promise the Obama/Biden team failed to deliver on.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
This might be a bigger deal if it was say Saudi arabia, Iran, Syria, Turkey or some major player on that level. UAE is nice n all but 80% of its inhabitants arent even citizens. It's not a typical country with historical antithesis with Israel. But is a nice step in the right direction and perhaps a bigger player will jump in.

SLVRBK

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
This might be a bigger deal if it was say Saudi arabia, Iran, Syria, Turkey or some major player on that level. UAE is nice n all but 80% of its inhabitants arent even citizens. It's not a typical country with historical antithesis with Israel. But is a nice step in the right direction and perhaps a bigger player will jump in.
Saudi has publicly thrown their weight behind members of the Arab League to move forward with making these agreements with Israel. Iran, Syria (suspended) and Turkey are nor members of the Arab League and not part of the nations targeted with these agreements.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
Didn't Obama promise to deliver peace to the middle east because he understood them? Another promise the Obama/Biden team failed to deliver on.
Obama immediately after election took a big trip around the middle east apologizing for American foreign policy. However he avoided stopping in Israel to avoid angering their neighbors. Personally I didn't think America needs to apologise for anything. We have done our best to treat all these middle eastern countries fairly.