Tyron Johnson declares for Draft

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I absolutely believe Johnson will get drafted. Im guessing somewhere around the 4.48-4.5 range. Even if his 40 time is a bit slow I think his route running is tremendous. The OU game in 2017 is what sticks out to me most (not that OU has a defense by any means) but his second touchdown he completely spun the CB around. He has a knack for big games and he was always burning people downfield. Some of his sideline and back of the end zone catches were ridiculous and his feet are insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk4detb6ObI
Route running? Yikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Wouldn't surprise me if a team takes him in one of the later rounds.
I am at the point where I would be surprised if he is not drafted in the late rounds. The NFL is in transition mode. Spread offense with a RPO is changing the landscape of the NFL. They need to carry depth at the WR position. Guys that are fast, can block downfield, and have demonstrated good hands are going to become a hot commodity.
As long as you have rules that unequivocally protect the QB and WR you will see teams trend to invest heavily in those positions. In the new era of the NFL they will be looking for playmakers more so than measurements.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Route running? Yikes

Sooooo how else did he get open?
Let’s just say there’s a reason why......

- Ateman and not Johnson was first team LWR in 2017
- Johnson didn’t see the field at second team RWR more than he did in 2017
- Wallace moved to first team RWR (the higher priority target) in 2018 and Johnson was moved to LWR.

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
Let’s just say there’s a reason why......

- Ateman and not Johnson was first team LWR in 2017
- Johnson didn’t see the field at second team RWR more than he did in 2017
- Wallace moved to first team RWR (the higher priority target) in 2018 and Johnson was moved to LWR.

I think Ateman had a better route tree than he did, but my point being the routes he does run are clean. I don't think he's going to go anywhere before the 5th round, but to say he won't be drafted is reaching.

Jan 23, 2006
I think he's going to need an amazing combine to be drafted, but I've been told anything after the 4th then it's better for the player financially to go undrafted.. I haven't sent him on anyone's lists as a top 10 or even 20wr but mightve missed it. I'm still kinda surprised he didn't wait to become a more well known featured wr since everyone and their mother is going to double Wallace next year and I know a year ago he spent the summer with Dru.

Nov 6, 2010
I felt bad for him earlier in the year. There were games when Corn just wouldn't look his way at all, and forced it to Wallace no matter what. As the year went on, he seemed to get better about that and then Johnson started putting up some nice numbers. He made some really nice catches this year, just didn't get enough targets. I think he ma surprise and get drafted in the mid rounds, just depends on his combine numbers like others have said.