Tyron Johnson declares for Draft

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
So I have not kept up with it but can he still change his mind and come back if he does not hire an agent? Doubt he will but just wondering the rules now.

Nov 30, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Where many get pumped for the RB or QB (for good reason on the latter), I have enjoyeding the play of WR since.... well Hart Lee Dykes. I am going to miss TJ but that just seems to be THE position where the Pokes reload every season. Good luck Mr. Johnson.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
From Mark Cooper: What does the wide receiver room look like for 2019 without Tyron Johnson?

Tylan Wallace, junior

6-foot, 185 pounds

2018: 86 receptions, 1,491 yards, 12 touchdowns

Wallace had at least 90 yards receiving and/or a touchdown in 11 of 13 games in his first season as a starter. His potential was well-known, but it still was surprising how fast he emerged to produce one of the best seasons in Cowboys history.

How can he be better in 2019? He said he wants to improve his ability to get better releases off the line of scrimmage against press coverage. He’ll be the next quarterback’s best friend.

Dillon Stoner, junior

6-0, 198 pounds

2018: 48 receptions, 603 yards, 2 TDs

As long as Stoner’s healthy, he’ll be one of the better inside receivers in the Big 12. He battled injuries the first couple of months of the 2018 season, but for the second consecutive year finished strong. His final five games: 28 receptions, 355 yards and a touchdown.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
I remember the first game of the 2017 season. I was living in Cincinnati at the time, and went to the watch party, at what was this movie theater/bar/grill kind of place, in the burbs.

I'm pretty sure the first touchdown of the game was TJ's 44-yard TD. And the guy who ran the watch parties and I are good friends, and he looked at me and was really excited, because he knew I was expecting big things out of TJ. But then he went fairly under-utilized the rest of the season, with exception to a great game against OU. I guess playing next to Marcell Ateman and James Washington for a full season can do that to a person. :/

There's a part of me that thinks his time at OSU wasn't complete. Like he could've destroyed the Big 12 in his senior season. But again, it's unfortunate that he transferred when he did, with all of the other great receiver talent around him. Nevertheless, as I said in a previous post, I hope my team drafts him, I love the guy. He is a fierce competitor, but fortunately he didn't let it blow over into the public, through Instagram posts or deleted Tweets or deleted Facebook posts, or any of that BS. I was able to see some of that fierce competitiveness, when at the Liberty Bowl. I was on roughly the 50, about 10 rows up from the sideline. After one of our late three-and-outs in the fourth quarter, TJ and Tylan went back to the sideline, and TJ ripped his helmet off and was *PISSSSSEEEEDDD off*. He wasn't happy with the play calls, I knew he wasn't. But he didn't rip into anyone, he just kind of yelled some stuff into the open, and left it at that.

He will be missed.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
I wish him nothing but the best. He has a ton of potential. There were several times this season where he was running wide open down the left sideline where an accurate pass would've resulted in a 40+ yard touchdown. He easily could've had a 1000 yard season, and double digit touchdowns.

I sure hope he's getting good information. This reminds me a lot of the decision Josh Stewart made a few years back. I hated to see him suffer a career ending injury after going undrafted.
He is twice the talent of Stewart. He is gonna get drafted in the mid to upper rounds imo.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
www.reddit.com
He is twice the talent of Stewart. He is gonna get drafted in the mid to upper rounds imo.
Atemab stuck to a roster and Johnson has way more talent than Ateman in my opinion.
Yup. I'll be honest, I think tyron is the most naturally talented receiver we have had since dez. He will require development in the NFL but where he will be drafted makes taking a chance easier for an NFL team to make.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
www.reddit.com
http://walterfootball.com/draft2019WR.php
I hope you're right. This is the only website I could find that has him projected in the draft. They have him projected in the 7th round or as a free agent. His stock could really shoot up if he runs a fast time at the combine though.
He wont be projected until nfl combine and pro day. Will shoot up the boards.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
6’0”, 190, 4.5. Will be lucky to get combine invite. The TTech and ISU WRs are rated #37 and 38.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What are those numbers from? I think he will run a much higher 40 probably close to a 4.3.
Various reported times: 4.54, 4.52, 4.48, 4.44

NFL combine times are almost ALWAYS slower than recruiting database times.

Further, Johnson is not the best route runner.

Doubt he gets drafted. If he does, it will be late.

PontiacPoke717

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Nov 24, 2014
Lavon, TX
http://walterfootball.com/draft2019WR.php
I hope you're right. This is the only website I could find that has him projected in the draft. They have him projected in the 7th round or as a free agent. His stock could really shoot up if he runs a fast time at the combine though.
He's a true 4.4 guy, he can raise his stock by blowing the drills out of the water, which he undoubtedly has the potential to do. I can see him scoring very high in ALL drills at the combine.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis

You don't think he can train and get that faster between now and then?

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

You don't think he can train and get that faster between now and then?
You mean like the 80 or more other WR hoping to get drafted?

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
I absolutely believe Johnson will get drafted. Im guessing somewhere around the 4.48-4.5 range. Even if his 40 time is a bit slow I think his route running is tremendous. The OU game in 2017 is what sticks out to me most (not that OU has a defense by any means) but his second touchdown he completely spun the CB around. He has a knack for big games and he was always burning people downfield. Some of his sideline and back of the end zone catches were ridiculous and his feet are insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk4detb6ObI