Typical DIM - Biden; We choose truth over facts !!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Biden is the only one who could legitimately win that primary that doesn't absolutely scare the hell out of me. That being said, he's going to re implement (some/many/all) of the regulations Trump cut on day 1 and that will be a hit to the economy.....and if the Dems should gain Congress as well, he/they will undo the tax cuts and that will be another hit to the economy. And 2 years in, when the economy is in the toilet, every mainstream media outlet in the country will say "we are just now experiencing Trumps economy". Freaking morons.

On the other hand, Biden would immediately cave to China and end the trade war, which would be a temporary boost to the economy.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Biden was quoted last week saying he was coming after assault rifles and was going to take them all from anyone that owns one now.
I hadn't heard that, but I'll trust he said it. What were some of the effects of the 10 year ban Assault Weapons ban signed in September 1994?

I am not in favor of government overreach, but I've seen these same complaints about government overreach about seatbelts and cigarettes. So, the same argument gets exhausting. I do know that most of the funding comes for the NRA that leads this narrative (and similar organizations) comes from gun manufacturers and not so much from the individual donors.

In fact, the massive growth of the NRA in 2015-16 were a direct result of millions of dollars from Russian donations that ceased after the Maria Batina arrest. Which pushed the NRA close to financial insolvency.

I would be interested in liability insurance for gun ownership. I have shot guns for target practice and I enjoy the heck out of it. I also don't think guns are going anywhere, but I do feel that a legitimate amount of damages have been done by irresponsible gun owners and quantifying risk for all gun owners.

I have heard the vehicle comparison before and I feel it's worth exploring.

Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
I hadn't heard that, but I'll trust he said it. What were some of the effects of the 10 year ban Assault Weapons ban signed in September 1994?

I am not in favor of government overreach, but I've seen these same complaints about government overreach about seatbelts and cigarettes. So, the same argument gets exhausting. I do know that most of the funding comes for the NRA that leads this narrative (and similar organizations) comes from gun manufacturers and not so much from the individual donors.

In fact, the massive growth of the NRA in 2015-16 were a direct result of millions of dollars from Russian donations that ceased after the Maria Batina arrest. Which pushed the NRA close to financial insolvency.

I would be interested in liability insurance for gun ownership. I have shot guns for target practice and I enjoy the heck out of it. I also don't think guns are going anywhere, but I do feel that a legitimate amount of damages have been done by irresponsible gun owners and quantifying risk for all gun owners.

what in the heck does any of that diatribe mean, and is there one sentence of truth in the whole post?

what in the world....

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK

I always love when people try to compare rights to privileges...

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
what in the heck does any of that diatribe mean, and is there one sentence of truth in the whole post?

what in the world....
What is in dispute? You aren't good at arguing. The 2018 financial report hasn't been released yet, but the 2017 report is available on their website.

You can also check the charitable contributions of ScottCLE, Heckler &Koch, Sig Sauer, Colt and other top manufacturers. Subtract the from the stated amount in the 2017 financials. There you get the significant amont of the incoming donations.

Are you disputing the Maria Butina arrest and her relationship with the NRA?

Explain immediately cease operations like NRATV with zero warning. That is not the look of a solvent organization.

Jul 22, 2011
What is in dispute? You aren't good at arguing. The 2018 financial report hasn't been released yet, but the 2017 report is available on their website.

You can also check the charitable contributions of ScottCLE, Heckler &Koch, Sig Sauer, Colt and other top manufacturers. Subtract the from the stated amount in the 2017 financials. There you get the significant amont of the incoming donations.

Explain immediately cease operations like NRATV with zero warning. That is not the look of a solvent organization.
Who could possibly explain why fewer donors were giving money to the NRA after 2016? I'm totally stumped.

https://money.cnn.com/2016/01/06/news/obama-gun-control-sales/

Oct 15, 2003
So Cal

maybe because none of it has much to do about membership, per se....

The National Rifle Association (NRA) said it is facing financial ruin because of a "blacklisting" campaign headed by New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, according to a lawsuit filed by the gun rights group.

The NRA said it may no longer be able to produce its magazines, run its video streaming service or hold rallies because the state of New York has caused "irrecoverable loss and irreparable harm" to the organization.

According to the suit, obtained by Rolling Stone, the NRA lost its insurance coverage after actions taken by the New York financial regulators to halt an NRA-branded insurance program called Carry Guard, a policy to reimburse NRA members for costs after firing a legal gun.
https://www.newsweek.com/nra-going-...ll-soon-be-unable-exist-due-financial-1057187

Nov 6, 2010

LOL, I'm not going to wade into your debate on the issue, but Cali is DEFINITELY good at arguing. It is his hallmark!

Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
LOL, I'm not going to wade into your debate on the issue, but Cali is DEFINITELY good at arguing. It is his hallmark!
hmmm... I do not "argue".... I present facts and other published perspectives, and the offended then argue about the facts - when they're embarrassed by the facts then they go straight to name calling.

but thanks for thinking about me.