Tylan Wallace was Rashaun Woods tonight

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

stonewallpoke

Herald of the House of Soju
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Fort Riley, KS
He balled out. He was everywhere.

He was targeted by Cornelius so much you'd think Texas would have had an answer. But they didn't. He won jump balls, won routes, and was generally a reliable safety valve that was about 50% of the reason why we won. This kid is going to be a major factor in our future successes.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
From Bill Haisten...

In program history, only seven receivers had a 200-yard performance. Curtis Mayfield did it once. Rashaun Woods did it three times. At Kansas in 2006 (when Kansas was infinitely more competitive), Adarius Bowman blew past the 200 mark and hit a 300-yard home run.

Dez Bryant and Justin Blackmon each had two 200-yard games, and James Washington had three.
On a huge stage last week, Wallace had his first.

“I’m really aware of all of those guys,” said Wallace, a 6-foot, 185-pound sophomore from Fort Worth, Texas. “I want to be up there with those guys and be one of the great receivers to come through Oklahoma State. I work toward that.

“If you’re a receiver, why wouldn’t you want to play at OSU? It’s a receiver’s dream.”

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Or, as Herbie referred to him as, Robert Woods.

Gundy says he's not on Bowman and Blackmon's level yet, but has the potential.
He has surpassed Bowman. But nobody is going to beat Blackmon for a while. He was too good. I hate talking about him because I thought he was going to be so good in the NFL...

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
He has surpassed Bowman. But nobody is going to beat Blackmon for a while. He was too good. I hate talking about him because I thought he was going to be so good in the NFL...
Who would have thought that Weeden would have a longer career than Blackmon?

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Totally agree. Blackmon was a beast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M5nWlyFgww
Weeden's arm talent was/is absurd. Definitely superior to anything we've had since I became an OSU fan in 2002. If that was Rudolph, Blackmon would have been jumping for a 50/50 ball on most of those long passes. Instead, he walked into the endzone after catching a ball in stride. Man, I miss that!

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Weeden's arm talent was/is absurd. Definitely superior to anything we've had since I became an OSU fan in 2002. If that was Rudolph, Blackmon would have been jumping for a 50/50 ball on most of those long passes. Instead, he walked into the endzone after catching a ball in stride. Man, I miss that!
The long throws were great, & I think we tend to forget how great Blackmon also was running after the catch.

That being said, Weeden's accuracy & their timing on those short corner routes in the endzone was remarkable. Alot of those throws were pretty much impossible to defend, & Blackmon made the catch look effortless.

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
The long throws were great, & I think we tend to forget how great Blackmon also was running after the catch.

That being said, Weeden's accuracy & their timing on those short corner routes in the endzone was remarkable. Alot of those throws were pretty much impossible to defend, & Blackmon made the catch look effortless.
Yes. Spin move vs Arizona in 2011 was amazing.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked

Agree, but I'm talking about the plays where there wasn't any real YAC except for just running with the ball. The ball placement was so perfect that nobody touched him after the catch. And they made it look routine...