Tylan injured

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 14, 2010
Like they haven't been trying to do all year?!
Suddenly everyone is going to say, "Oh, wow! We need to start spreading our offense around now that Tylan is hurt."

Sanders hasn't been able to unlock himself off one target all year and now he's going to realize that he needs to look around? If anything, Sanders will just continue to look at the same spot with a receiver with a different number. He's not known to be one to look around much.

As much as I'd love to see this sudden Epiphany from our QB and coaches, I think the Big 12 coaches we face will just load up even more on Hubbard as well as pinch the DEs to contain Sanders. THAT'S the type of defense we will see from here on out.
UNLESS your miracle cure of sudden realization comes to instant fruition.

And while I've got your attention......I'd like a pony for Christmas, please.
No... not much as I've explained in previous posts about this

Run the correct concepts and Sanders will look like totally different Qb in that vein.
He grew up controlling conflict players, then throwing to slot receivers based off of what the conflict player does.

Jan 9, 2012
Stillwater, OK
Tylan is a good kid and a helluva football player and we should wish him the best when he goes to the draft. I hear Green Bay may be a landing spot for him.

I am pissed that this will be the excuse to not fire the clown-in-chief at the end of the year, though. Get ready for another baseless extension for the Rattlesnake (G)Dundy.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
In some ways not having Wallace would help Sanders because it will force everyone involved, coaches and Sanders, to create more balance and to use all parts of the field more because they won't have Wallace as a security blanket.

As long as OSU makes a bowl, in the long term development of Sanders it actually could work to his bemefit.
Like they haven't been trying to do all year?!
Suddenly everyone is going to say, "Oh, wow! We need to start spreading our offense around now that Tylan is hurt."

Sanders hasn't been able to unlock himself off one target all year and now he's going to realize that he needs to look around? If anything, Sanders will just continue to look at the same spot with a receiver with a different number. He's not known to be one to look around much.

As much as I'd love to see this sudden Epiphany from our QB and coaches, I think the Big 12 coaches we face will just load up even more on Hubbard as well as pinch the DEs to contain Sanders. THAT'S the type of defense we will see from here on out.
UNLESS your miracle cure of sudden realization comes to instant fruition.

And while I've got your attention......I'd like a pony for Christmas, please.
Don't disagree with him. You know Gundy already told him what's gonna happen.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Ugh, damn.

I'll be real interested to see what his decision is regarding coming back next year.
He won't be back. How many times did his twin brother tear his before he had to hang it up? Why would he risk doing that before ever getting a shot at the NFL?
Brother was 3 times on the same knee, this was the first time for Tylan.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Tylan is a good kid and a helluva football player and we should wish him the best when he goes to the draft. I hear Green Bay may be a landing spot for him.

I am pissed that this will be the excuse to not fire the clown-in-chief at the end of the year, though. Get ready for another baseless extension for the Rattlesnake (G)Dundy.
No wait, you aren't trying to get your post count up. You probably haven't been on in a while and are trying to get your "I hate Gundy" quota in before tomorrow's game.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

Can you elaborate on this?

Sounds very legit & well-sourced. I know I'd love to see him catching passes from Rodgers, so this is exciting that someone on this very board is "hear(ing)" he may wind up in Green Bay.

Sep 6, 2014
Can you elaborate on this?

Sounds very legit & well-sourced. I know I'd love to see him catching passes from Rodgers, so this is exciting that someone on this very board is "hear(ing)" he may wind up in Green Bay.
it was on the latest cbs mock draft lol

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Does anyone think (besides me) that the NFL might just back off Tylan now that he's sustained a season ending injury?

I think it would behoove Wallace to come back, prove his knee is solid and he's back 100% before he goes to the draft hoping someone is just going to take a multi-million dollar chance at drafting him this year.

If he comes back and plays as expected, then his draft status would be much higher than it would be this year. Right now, he's damaged goods and not worthy of the risk.

Jan 14, 2006
Does anyone think (besides me) that the NFL might just back off Tylan now that he's sustained a season ending injury?

I think it would behoove Wallace to come back, prove his knee is solid and he's back 100% before he goes to the draft hoping someone is just going to take a multi-million dollar chance at drafting him this year.

If he comes back and plays as expected, then his draft status would be much higher than it would be this year. Right now, he's damaged goods and not worthy of the risk.
Absolutely not. His tape speaks for itself. His draft stock won't change. But I'd sure like it if he came back.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Absolutely not. His tape speaks for itself. His draft stock won't change. But I'd sure like it if he came back.
Yes his tape speaks for itself. But you got to look at the fact that coming off an injury and having no tape on him post-injury. That means you're taking a big risk and I think that's going to dramatically drop him middle to bottom of the second round easily or to third round maybe even.

Jan 14, 2006
Yes his tape speaks for itself. But you got to look at the fact that coming off an injury and having no tape on him post-injury. That means you're taking a big risk and I think that's going to dramatically drop him middle to bottom of the second round easily or to third round maybe even.

I was too brief in my response. I'll agree it may drop him from what he was prior to the injury. But the injury is what it is. You can't erase it. Another year in college won't make the concerns go away. That said, I'd love it if he came back.

I haven't done the math. Does staying an extra year and going in the late 1st round net you more money that adding an extra year of earnings getting drafted 2nd or 3rd round?

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
He won't be back. How many times did his twin brother tear his before he had to hang it up? Why would he risk doing that before ever getting a shot at the NFL?
Brother was 3 times on the same knee, this was the first time for Tylan.

Tylan will have the advantage of having the best doctors and the best trainers and strength and conditioning personnel to get him back in playing shape. His brother probably didn’t have that after his first two ACL tears.