Tylan injured

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Where did you ever see Wallace projected as a first round pick? The best I've seen for him is third round... And the 8th receiver on the board.

Also most of our receivers are 3* and 4* recruits. Wolff being the lone exception.

It's very much next man up. James Washington came out of this type of situation. So did Justin Blackmon. Those were 3* guys that you must have hated.

Executed properly the defense will focus on stopping Chuba... Which is already what they did and it hasn't worked out for them.

This team is worst case 7-5 without Wallace and I'm projecting 8-4... with the youngest team in college football.
It hasn't worked out for opposing defenses because of Tylan Wallace. Without him, our team is much weaker. I'd love to see Spencer Sanders suddenly learn how to survey the field and hit the open man, but so far he hasn't really displayed that ability.

This, right here, is why I'm in favor of getting the younger guys a lot of reps against weaker opponents. Because now we're smack in the middle of conference play, and you have guys that have caught less than 5 passes all season about to get some critical reps. Sure would have been nice to give those guys some meaningful pass attempts earlier.....but instead we leave our starters in and pound the ball up the middle into loaded boxes.

Oct 30, 2007
I hate this for him. Tylan was leading Power 5 receivers in receiving yardage. It felt like he had a good chance to win the Biletnikoff award before being a high pick in the NFL draft. We're less than 6 months away from the 2020 NFL draft now. If the injury is serious, it has to increase the odds that he'll be back next season because he'll want to prove to teams that he's back to 100%. Hopefully the injury isn't too bad.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
We do have some other good receivers and Stoner has been way under utilized this year. Hopefully SS will learn to spread the wealth if Tylan is truly out. I'm keeping up hope he is not.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I won’t believe it until Herecomesbullet calls Mike Gundy and confirms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's a Gundy hoax with 2 purposes. 1, to confuse Patterson and TCU, and 2 to find out who is leaking information to herecomesbullets.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Oct 30, 2007
Here's the latest update from a writer at the O'Colly. I guess he does have a knee injury, but the extent of the injury hasn't been determined yet.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
I see you're still delusional.

Tylan was projected to be 1st round draft pick. You don't lose guys like that and just say "next man up". Maybe in the NFL, but not on a college team like ours that's loaded with a bunch of 2-3* recruits that have seen very few passes thrown their way due to our young QB locking on to his #1 target.

I'm not saying we'll lose every game going forward. What I'm saying is that Tylan was a major part of the bits of success we've had this season (fact) due to his elite abilities, and that losing him will allow defenses to make adjustments to put pressure on the areas that you say we'll focus on. Do you disagree?
Where did you ever see Wallace projected as a first round pick? The best I've seen for him is third round... And the 8th receiver on the board.

Also most of our receivers are 3* and 4* recruits. Wolff being the lone exception.

It's very much next man up. James Washington came out of this type of situation. So did Justin Blackmon. Those were 3* guys that you must have hated.

Executed properly the defense will focus on stopping Chuba... Which is already what they did and it hasn't worked out for them.

This team is worst case 7-5 without Wallace and I'm projecting 8-4... with the youngest team in college football.
Blackmon might have been a 3* recruit but he was clearly special when he was a true freshman, lined up on the same side of the ball as Dez. In many cases, he was BETTER that Dez on the same field. We don’t have a guy like that now.

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
LOL Have you seen our yardage totals per game? Tylan has around 47% of our receiving yards this season. He has 53% of our receiving TDs. He has nearly 4 times the yardage as our next closest receiver (Stoner). AND he single-handedly can win us games. However, its not just what he does with the ball in his hands. Its what defenses have to do with him on the field. Without him, the defenses could further key on Chuba (which doesn't work well for us, if you've noticed our rushing totals against stacked boxes). So.....that means our only hope of winning games without him is Chuba breaking off runs against loaded boxes OR Spencer suddenly learning how to spread the ball around. Evidence does not suggest this to be a winning scenario.
Or the next great OSU receiver steps up and shows what he can do when a few balls are thrown his way.

Nov 14, 2010
In some ways not having Wallace would help Sanders because it will force everyone involved, coaches and Sanders, to create more balance and to use all parts of the field more because they won't have Wallace as a security blanket.

As long as OSU makes a bowl, in the long term development of Sanders it actually could work to his bemefit.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Blackmon might have been a 3* recruit but he was clearly special when he was a true freshman, lined up on the same side of the ball as Dez. In many cases, he was BETTER that Dez on the same field. We don’t have a guy like that now.

He redshirted in 2008 and while he started in 2009, he wasn't on anybody's radar until Dez was suspended... He then had a breakout second half against Colorado... The 11th game of the season.

So... You're wrong. Just like you are about AJ Green. I know you don't like hearing that.

There's absolutely no way of knowing if we have that on the roster or not. I'll err on the side of one of the three 4* receivers being pretty good. Or J. Shepherd... Or B. Johnson... Or any number of other guys that came to OSU to be just like Dez, Blackmon, or Washington.

There is simply too much talent on the roster at receiver to not expect somebody else to step into Wallace's role.

And that's assuming he's hurt.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
LOL Have you seen our yardage totals per game? Tylan has around 47% of our receiving yards this season. He has 53% of our receiving TDs. He has nearly 4 times the yardage as our next closest receiver (Stoner). AND he single-handedly can win us games. However, its not just what he does with the ball in his hands. Its what defenses have to do with him on the field. Without him, the defenses could further key on Chuba (which doesn't work well for us, if you've noticed our rushing totals against stacked boxes). So.....that means our only hope of winning games without him is Chuba breaking off runs against loaded boxes OR Spencer suddenly learning how to spread the ball around. Evidence does not suggest this to be a winning scenario.
Don’t you think that he has so many receptions compared to other receivers because Sanders is not able to make his progressions? That would lead to more balls being thrown in Tylan’s direction. Sanders need to spread the ball around.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
We have a lot of talented receivers, just none that are as big a threat to take it to the house on every completion. We should all just focus our concern on Tylan's well being and that it's nothing that will impact what should be a multi-million dollar professional future!