Tylan injured

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Lol. One player from our deepest group...

He's great and I hope he isn't hurt... But I think we will be ok. Especially if it forces Sanders to spread it around.
LOL Have you seen our yardage totals per game? Tylan has around 47% of our receiving yards this season. He has 53% of our receiving TDs. He has nearly 4 times the yardage as our next closest receiver (Stoner). AND he single-handedly can win us games. However, its not just what he does with the ball in his hands. Its what defenses have to do with him on the field. Without him, the defenses could further key on Chuba (which doesn't work well for us, if you've noticed our rushing totals against stacked boxes). So.....that means our only hope of winning games without him is Chuba breaking off runs against loaded boxes OR Spencer suddenly learning how to spread the ball around. Evidence does not suggest this to be a winning scenario.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
LOL Have you seen our yardage totals per game? Tylan has around 47% of our receiving yards this season. He has 53% of our receiving TDs. He has nearly 4 times the yardage as our next closest receiver (Stoner). AND he single-handedly can win us games. However, its not just what he does with the ball in his hands. Its what defenses have to do with him on the field. Without him, the defenses could further key on Chuba (which doesn't work well for us, if you've noticed our rushing totals against stacked boxes). So.....that means our only hope of winning games without him is Chuba breaking off runs against loaded boxes OR Spencer suddenly learning how to spread the ball around. Evidence does not suggest this to be a winning scenario.
I see you're still angry.

It's next man up in the receiver corp. We will see a lot of screen passes, heavy reliance on the run, and trying to get more of that middle of the field game going with Woods and the slot receivers. Sanders lost his safety net in Wallace... Either he's going to step up and be the man or he's not. I'm going to err on the side of believing he is capable.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I see you're still angry.

It's next man up in the receiver corp. We will see a lot of screen passes, heavy reliance on the run, and trying to get more of that middle of the field game going with Woods and the slot receivers. Sanders lost his safety net in Wallace... Either he's going to step up and be the man or he's not. I'm going to err on the side of believing he is capable.
I see you're still delusional.

Tylan was projected to be 1st round draft pick. You don't lose guys like that and just say "next man up". Maybe in the NFL, but not on a college team like ours that's loaded with a bunch of 2-3* recruits that have seen very few passes thrown their way due to our young QB locking on to his #1 target.

I'm not saying we'll lose every game going forward. What I'm saying is that Tylan was a major part of the bits of success we've had this season (fact) due to his elite abilities, and that losing him will allow defenses to make adjustments to put pressure on the areas that you say we'll focus on. Do you disagree?

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I see you're still delusional.

Tylan was projected to be 1st round draft pick. You don't lose guys like that and just say "next man up". Maybe in the NFL, but not on a college team like ours that's loaded with a bunch of 2-3* recruits that have seen very few passes thrown their way due to our young QB locking on to his #1 target.

I'm not saying we'll lose every game going forward. What I'm saying is that Tylan was a major part of the bits of success we've had this season (fact) due to his elite abilities, and that losing him will allow defenses to make adjustments to put pressure on the areas that you say we'll focus on. Do you disagree?
Where did you ever see Wallace projected as a first round pick? The best I've seen for him is third round... And the 8th receiver on the board.

Also most of our receivers are 3* and 4* recruits. Wolff being the lone exception.

It's very much next man up. James Washington came out of this type of situation. So did Justin Blackmon. Those were 3* guys that you must have hated.

Executed properly the defense will focus on stopping Chuba... Which is already what they did and it hasn't worked out for them.

This team is worst case 7-5 without Wallace and I'm projecting 8-4... with the youngest team in college football.