Tweet of the Day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

John C

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2011
No, the next ban will be on rock. Rock, then paper. But a ban on paper might also cover rock. Not sure.
You left out scissors.

Of course, some people play the slightly more complicated rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock. Spock’s dead, so that one is moot. I don’t know how they will ban lizards.

Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
You left out scissors.

Of course, some people play the slightly more complicated rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock. Spock’s dead, so that one is moot. I don’t know how they will ban lizards.
I'm sure scissors have already been banned which I am totally against, except left handed scissors. F@#$ left handed scissors. Ever try to cut anything with those awkward bastards?

P4L

Sheriff
Nov 7, 2007
Kenosha, WI
I'm sure scissors have already been banned which I am totally against, except left handed scissors. F@#$ left handed scissors. Ever try to cut anything with those awkward bastards?
Yes, and they work perfectly. It's trying to find the left-handed scissors among all the terrible to use right-handed scissors that's the problem.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/987371072722030593
That's some funny stuff. Guy got fired because the IG (Obama Opointee BTW) caught him lying under oath. Doesn't matter how he spins the leak he lied he didn't leak it when he did. Trump admin didn't fire him and wasn't the cause. He need's to own his mistake and start working on a plea deal.

Playing politics isn't going to save him if they prosecute. He is digging a deeper hole than he started with.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
This has got to stop.

https://twitter.com/OrwellNGoode/status/987145567427022848
Got to start teaching them right now.

"She or He's not your best friend, you don't have a best friend".

I recall a ride on a tour bus in Hungary several years ago. The tour guide was a man who grew up under Russian occupation. He hated the Russians, but he learned to speak fluently several languages, including Russian.

Russian was taught in the elementary schools, many kids refused to learn it.

When Russia came in to Hungary they uproated families and moved them across country where they had no friends and didn't know anyone. Thereby, removing any trust among neighbors, teachers, etc.

It was against the law to speak ill of Russia, it was also against the law if you knew someone who did and you didn't turn them in for it. You had teachers over hearing students repeat what children had heard from their parents. The teacher would report it (if they didn't they were guilty of a crime) and the Russian police would show up at the house and remove the father. The family didn't know when or if the father would return.

The point of this is that people were forced to be dependent on the government and their only trust was to be in the government. The government would provide for you as long as you were loyal to the government.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar

I recall a ride on a tour bus in Hungary several years ago. The tour guide was a man who grew up under Russian occupation. He hated the Russians, but he learned to speak fluently several languages, including Russian.

When Russia came in to Hungary they uproated families and moved them across country where they had no friends and didn't know anyone. Thereby, removing any trust among neighbors, teachers, etc.

It was against the law to speak ill of Russia, it was also against the law if you knew someone who did and you didn't turn them in for it. You had teachers over hearing students repeat what children had heard from their parents. The teacher would report it (if they didn't they were guilty of a crime) and the Russian police would show up at the house and remove the father. The family didn't know when or if the father would return.

The point of this is that people were forced to be dependent on the government and their only trust was to be in the government. The government would provide for you as long as you were loyal to the government.
God bless America.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!

This is a private, independent Day Care/Learning facility. Pay to put your kids in stupid places, get stupid results