Tweet of the Day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
https://twitter.com/swgaspar/status/1267441770335518722?s=21
That's NOT a cheap setup... Could have easily been transporting 6 figures worth of horse-flesh...

I completely support their right to safely protest... there is absolutely ZERO REASON it needs to be done in the street and ESPECIALLY on a major highway.

You start endangering my family, my livelihood, my animals and your gonna get your ass run over too. #noapologies

Your cause does not give you the right to endanger me!

Jul 22, 2011
That's NOT a cheap setup... Could have easily been transporting 6 figures worth of horse-flesh...

I completely support their right to safely protest... there is absolutely ZERO REASON it needs to be done in the street and ESPECIALLY on a major highway.

You start endangering my family, my livelihood, my animals and your gonna get your ass run over too. #noapologies

The guy was pulling a damn trailer. I can only imagine he had no idea there was a crowd blocking 244 until he got right up on them. At that point, it isn't like he can turn around in the middle of the highway. Nor can he just sit there and wait for the crowd to disperse while his horses sit in the sun. Then they start fu**ing with his truck and his horses.

They are extremely lucky there weren't dozens killed. If he had stopped, he would have been Reginald Denny'd for sure.

1591110561326.png

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond

Its not even about the amount of money the horses are worth. They are innocent horses in a confined trailer. Besides just the burns and the ptsd trauma. What if the fireworks caught the hay on fire.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

Please note...Every last one of those kids causing issues is WHITE...freaking idiots looking to entice violence and problems...don't go on a major highway and accost a citizen attempting to drive.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
https://twitter.com/edseibold/status/1266699749635362819?s=20
Same thing in Denton, TX
In Houston today we expect the largest march so far, this is the one with George Floyd's family, police expect 10,000 people. Our police are currently running 12 hour shifts 7 days a week. I spoke to my neighbor (HPD) as he came home from his shift yesterday and we discussed the reported stockpiles of projectiles. HPD has been scanning the route for today's march and they had already discovered several stockpiles along the route and have dealt with them but they will keep searching for more. It's a small fringe that wants the protest to become violent, Floyd's family has already spoken out against violent actions/looting, but if this march turns it will be horrible.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So they are saying that one horse had to be put down and others are injured. It looks from the video that the guy they are implicating, Jacob Valentine, threw the smoke bomb over the trailer. My question is tough, where did this for job come from? The police were nowhere near the marchers and this was a permitted march.
Would be nice to know the trailer owner and see if it's true the horses were injured and one dead.

Word is that along with the smoke bomb there were firecrackers that ended up being thrown into the trailer.

If that's the case, I thought this was to be peaceful? If so, why did they devolve into violence so quickly? Also, they had just let a black woman in a car through. So it's not like they weren't aware of the possibility of cars on the roadway. They say they let the black lady through because she had an emergency. They also say that "if he has gotten out of his pickup and asked to get through", they would've let him. They only say that because apparently the black lady got out and spoke to them.

Why would someone having an emergency get out to talk rather than just roll their window down. Seems a convenient excuse that can't be corroborated.

What would be nice would be to know why the police were letting any cars on the road when it was a march that had been planned for months? Also, why didn't the matchers, realizing at least one car got on the road somehow, immediately keep an eye out for others?

I also wonder, why/how the guy got on the road. Did he drive past cops like some say? Why do that? Did he not notice the road was empty? He could have turned around.. he could have stopped and rolled the window down and asked the people in the back if he could go through.

Basically what I'm saying is both groups could have done things differently which is the situation most of the time. People need to be able to see that they can be partially right and partially wrong but so can the other person. That's what allows people to reconcile and understand everybody is just a person.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

The road was closed off by police because it was something that had been planned for several months because of the Tulsa riots. But then some people were saying on the thread that they were only permitted to walk on the side of the highway they weren't supposed to stretch all the way across the highway like they did to begin with so who knows.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Do note that it was a march that had been planned for several months in regards to the Tulsa riots anniversary and they were permitted and cops had supposedly closed off the highway.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Do note that it was a march that had been planned for several months in regards to the Tulsa riots anniversary and they were permitted and cops had supposedly closed off the highway.

According to the story I read, it was a splinter group that blocked the highway, and they were not supposed to be there.

I was also told, it was a barrel horse that was killed, after the shavings on the floor of the trailer caught fire from the homemade smoke devices or fireworks.