Tweet of the Day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
What's your problem with this?
First, tweeting about important things is weird.
Second, I am guessing best case scenario Harry and Meghan have a million dollars in security needs, best case.
Third, we just spend in the TRILLIONS on an economic stimulus package.
Fourth, a trillion is a million millions. So, it doesn't meet the materiality threshold to be important.
Fifth, I have heard zero people complaining about complaining about the cost of security for Harry and Meghan.
Sixth, tweeting random rants about mundane things is just puzzling.
Seventh, tweeting them during a health and economic crisis is just a jackass move.

Here are some things a SANE president might tweet:
1) We are meeting with top staff and scientists to determine our next moves. We will beat this!
2) Take the opportunity to thank friends, family and neighbors working in our hospitals. We will beat this!
3) My team is working to roll out the stimulus plan as quickly and as smoothly as possible. We will beat this!

It's like 4th quarter of Bedlam and a tie game with two minutes left and you have two people sitting next to you screaming about whether a punt went 40 or 41 yards in the first quarter.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
This is real, This is today.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1244338645198352386

View attachment 79019

My ass bleeds for them.
Meghan made a big deal about not coming to America while Trump was president. And now that they've given the middle finger to the other royals, they want to slink into America and have us pay for their security? Seriously?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

State

Russian Bot
Mar 15, 2007
TX
Second, I am guessing best case scenario Harry and Meghan have a million dollars in security needs, best case.
Fourth, a trillion is a million millions. So, it doesn't meet the materiality threshold to be important.
Fifth, I have heard zero people complaining about complaining about the cost of security for Harry and Meghan.
Seventh, tweeting them during a health and economic crisis is just a jackass move.

1) We are meeting with top staff and scientists to determine our next moves. We will beat this!
2) Take the opportunity to thank friends, family and neighbors working in our hospitals. We will beat this!
3) My team is working to roll out the stimulus plan as quickly and as smoothly as possible. We will beat this!

It's like 4th quarter of Bedlam and a tie game with two minutes left and you have two people sitting next to you screaming about whether a punt went 40 or 41 yards in the first quarter.
Trump is gonna Trump. I know people want a break from all Carona all the time and I know while it's the biggest thing on his plate he's still dealing with lots of issues. If they legitimately asked for his help in meeting their security needs during this time after giving up their royal titles to try it on their own they deserve to be told to fork off. I don't think Trump sleeps so lots of time to Twitter.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Trump is gonna Trump. I know people want a break from all Carona all the time and I know while it's the biggest thing on his plate he's still dealing with lots of issues. If they legitimately asked for his help in meeting their security needs during this time after giving up their royal titles to try it on their own they deserve to be told to fork off. I don't think Trump sleeps so lots of time to Twitter.
Why not get something insignificant like that woman and British guy's problems in perspective before CNN starts Accosta gets on a roll.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Shelter at home. No problem with that. Decrease the spread.

My prediction:

There is going to be a large increase in the number of alcoholics until this pandemic goes away.
Ha! I only drink on occasion and a 12 pack of beer will last a year in my fridge. But yesterday while doing yardwork, I drank the 2 remaining beers in my fridge, then broke out my bottle of tequila in the pantry and took 2 shots. Had a pretty good time doing the rest of my yardwork. Beautiful weather!

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

Does it even matter that he's said your 3 bullet points already???

Just to be clear, though, you feel like Americans should foot the bill for their security? You believe that the American taxpayer should pay to provide that for a member of a Royal family from another country?

And you're babbling on about what's SANE & not?

Lastly, you have zero freaking clue what it would cost. You're just talking out of you a$$ there.

Last edited:

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar

Just to be clear, though, you feel like Americans should foot the bill for their security? You believe that the American taxpayer should pay to provide that for a member of a Royal family from another country?

Usually on a state visit we do. But they are not on a state visit

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Canada wouldn't pay for their security so the timing of the move to US accelerated.

Scotland Yard's estimate was $25 million/yr due to the amount of separate travel they (the couple) would be undertaking as private citizens. Example being if Harry is giving a speech in one place, Markle is working on film somewhere else and their son is home with the nanny...you need individual security personnel for each, plus hotel, travel, etc.

Pokit N

Gent of Good Intent
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
Lily Lake, IL
Shelter at home. No problem with that. Decrease the spread.

My prediction:

There is going to be a large increase in the number of alcoholics until this pandemic goes away.
So back before all of this madness started I went on a bit of a health plan...I told myself I wouldn't drink until my BDay in late April. I'm sticking to it....but jeez if I had known this was going to happen! I've never been able to relate to this guy more in my life.

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Meghan made a big deal about not coming to America while Trump was president. And now that they've given the middle finger to the other royals, they want to slink into America and have us pay for their security? Seriously?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I was aware they didn't want to engage in the Royal family/ paparazzi/ tabloid/ gossip show lifestyle; And they had planned to move to Canada; but there is some archaic technicality where a British Royal can not permanently reside in Canada.

But I am unaware of Meghan Markle being a huge Anti Trump speaker; and honestly I've never heard of her before she married the Prince.

Can you point me to some of the links/ media where she disavowed Trump?

Also, even if she did; Why would Donald Trump get into a verbal twitter war with her - especially now of all times?

He's the leader of the Free World, She's someone who most of America had never heard of before her marriage. I'm aware she had an acting career. But we're not talking Angelina Jolie, Halle Berry or even the chick from Precious.

It seems like a very minor thing to take offense to; especially now.

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com

Lastly, you have zero freaking clue what it would cost. You're just talking out of you a$$ there.
If it costs 1 million dollars annually; Would you consider that significant?