Tweet of the Day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
I told you guys that even with a well scripted speech it would go bad.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
He is going to embarrass himself badly when he has to actually debate with Trump. It's impossible for him to get in front of a camera and not stammer through what he's trying to say. This wasn't even live was it? Or was it, I don't know. Couldn't they have gone back and did a retake when he started going off the rails? They should seriously consider that if he's going to keep doing these.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
He is going to embarrass himself badly when he has to actually debate with Trump. It's impossible for him to get in front of a camera and not stammer through what he's trying to say. This wasn't even live was it? Or was it, I don't know. Couldn't they have gone back and did a retake when he started going off the rails? They should seriously consider that if he's going to keep doing these.
He will go back to his old standby. He will somehow bring up his wife and kids that have died and start crying. Happens every single time

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I'm telling you, he's going to take a swing at somebody. Like Eliot Ness and Al Capone.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
OK, I just read that this was a live stream. Maybe don't make these live streams in the future. Throw it together, edit it, then put it out 30 minutes later. Just a thought.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Never let a crisis go to waste. I would say this is shockingly appalling but it really isn't shocking.
Appalling might not be strong enough of a word to describe this....sadly, it's still not shocking.

https://news.yahoo.com/dem-rep-told...IeKAkZjNfK8QSG32q2szXx6cMVtCHd2LIQzceRrd89wHv

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) worked to scupper the phase-three coronavirus relief package on Sunday after Majority Whip James Clyburn (D., S.C.) told caucus members last week that the bill was “a tremendous opportunity to restructure things to fit our vision.”

Clyburn’s comments came on a Thursday call featuring more than 200 House Democrats, during which caucus members laid out a list of provisions they wanted to be included in the Senate’s trillion-dollar package.

Jul 22, 2011
Headline versus reality.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1242392472770224132

"A man has died and his wife is under critical care after the couple, both in their 60s, ingested chloroquine phosphate, an additive commonly used at aquariums to clean fish tanks. Within thirty minutes of ingestion, the couple experienced immediate effects requiring admittance to a nearby Banner Health hospital,"

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Headline versus reality.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1242392472770224132

"A man has died and his wife is under critical care after the couple, both in their 60s, ingested chloroquine phosphate, an additive commonly used at aquariums to clean fish tanks. Within thirty minutes of ingestion, the couple experienced immediate effects requiring admittance to a nearby Banner Health hospital,"
The chloroquine tablets approved for human use are also chloroquine phosphate. It's the same drug. The problem is, and I've read other reports, is he took several times the recommended dose.

"The difference between a poison and a cure is a matter of dose."
-- Paracelsus, 15th century

Jul 22, 2011
The chloroquine tablets approved for human use are also chloroquine phosphate. It's the same drug. The problem is, and I've read other reports, is he took several times the recommended dose.

What are the chances a Plaquenil prescription gets filled in a few weeks for those with autoimmune diseases? If the anecdotal evidence is all bullshit, will the market be flooded? Any thoughts?

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK

Then I take it "Man dies after overdosing on malaria medication touted by Trump as possible cure for coronavirus" would be the more accurate (and responsible) headline.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Then I take it "Man dies after overdosing on malaria medication touted by Trump as possible cure for coronavirus" would be the more accurate (and responsible) headline.
Man overdoses on drug after self medicating, not under doctor care, and being an idiot.
Trump only said that the drug showed promise. They haven't even fully tested it yet and most sane people would understand that from his comment.

Also, the one being touted starts with hydro... So don't think it's even the same stuff.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Man overdoses on drug after self medicating, not under doctor care, and being an idiot.
Trump only said that the drug showed promise. They haven't even fully tested it yet and most sane people would understand that from his comment.

Also, the one being touted starts with hydro... So don't think it's even the same stuff.

Chloroquine phosphate tablets that sit on the pharmacy shelf and chloroquine phosphate fish amebicide are the same thing. I've known many people (read that old farmers) who take veterinary amoxicillin. It is a practice that we pharmacists strongly discourage because: 1) it's illegal, 2) the GMP standards for vet meds aren't the same, and 3) the dosages are different, which can cause problems (like in this case).

Hydroxychloroquine sulfate and chloroquine phosphate are closely related antimalarials. They are both quinine derivatives. Quinine is the original antimalarial, but should not be used any more because of cardiac toxicity (Karen on Facebook with her gin and tonic not-withstanding).

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Well, if *I* were writing the headline: Man Overdoses and Dies After Self-Medicating with Veterinary Antimalarial Drug

But then, that doesn't score any political points.