Tweet of the Day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I for one would not be completely against getting rid of the death penalty if just from a financial perspective. Due to the long drawn out legal process needed to actually put someone to death it actually costs taxpayers a LOT more (some studies have show it to be 18 times more expensive), than a life in prison sentence.
Not my way. Very cheap. Very fast.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
I for one would not be completely against getting rid of the death penalty if just from a financial perspective. Due to the long drawn out legal process needed to actually put someone to death it actually costs taxpayers a LOT more (some studies have show it to be 18 times more expensive), than a life in prison sentence.
I am more and more against the death penalty the older I get. Too much power to give government. A lot of the local court system is corrupt.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
I am more and more against the death penalty the older I get. Too much power to give government. A lot of the local court system is corrupt.
I have switched position on this as well. I don't see any justification in taking a life when there is no immediate risk to life or bodily injury to self or someone else. Rules that apply to citizenry should also apply to govt.

I'm pretty anti-abortion as well. Humans err. Err on the side of life.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Dammit Tulsi, you were looking so good... :(

Honestly if they streamlined the process it wouldn't cost so much.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Dammit Tulsi, you were looking so good... :(

II don't know about abolishing the death penalty, or that it is even a presidential issue (it's legislative, and a state issue). However, the moral cost of killing an innocent man is just too high. So, on an ethical, philosophical issue... I don't think we should put anyone to death unless we have incontrovertible evidence, and I'm not sure what that would be.

John C

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2011
II don't know about abolishing the death penalty, or that it is even a presidential issue (it's legislative, and a state issue). However, the moral cost of killing an innocent man is just too high. So, on an ethical, philosophical issue... I don't think we should put anyone to death unless we have incontrovertible evidence, and I'm not sure what that would be.
I wasn’t one bit disturbed when Timothy McVeigh was executed. He was the exception.

Patron

Wrangler
Oct 12, 2019
Dustin,ok
One thing we know for sure 2411 babies were killed in South Bend, Ind, we know that because Dr Ulrich Klopfer had 2411 babies bodies in his home and car.South Bend is home to Major Pete the current front runner in Iowa. Nothing too see here, move on.Facts are not important you know.

Jul 22, 2011
In typical style of covering the democrats' asses, Hardball with Chris Matthews has claimed responsibility, blaming the offending noise on a coffee mug. While coffee may have been to blame, it's hard to believe any public statement of an MSNBC show. It would be more believable if Matthews himself would accept blame and admit that the tingle went down HIS leg. Representative Dook Nukem has supplied a denial and claims he didn't hear anything during the interview.

But if you slow the video down, and you zero in on Congressman Swillsmell's face, you can clearly see his facial expression change between seconds 5.65.00 and 6.04.00 as he strains at his methane. The characteristic smirk of the offending Congressman changes. You can see it go back, and to the left. Again, back and to the left.

Clearly the Senate should start hearings immediately and subpoena the coffee mug and Eric's pants.