Tweet of the Day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
What do you want to bet that this gets overturned at SCOTUS?
If a doctor is accepting federal funds in their practice. Maybe they should be restricted to make personal decisions based on religious beliefs.

If the Doctor isn't accepting federal funds, then the Govt can Eff off and the Dr and choose who they want to administer medicine too

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
If a doctor is accepting federal funds in their practice. Maybe they should be restricted to make personal decisions based on religious beliefs.

If the Doctor isn't accepting federal funds, then the Govt can Eff off and the Dr and choose who they want to administer medicine too
While I agree with your second statement, your first impiles that if I'm paying you I can restrict your personal religious beliefs...which is against the constution of the United States. It's not that cut and dry.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
While I agree with your second statement, your first impiles that if I'm paying you I can restrict your personal religious beliefs..
Well if you look at abortion. Some feel it is the absolute right to restrict someones beliefs if they are accepting Federal Funds or even NOT accepting Federal Funds. And many people who oppose abortion do so based on their personal religious beliefs.

So by the statement you made here. You would have to agree that a person who goes to a Dr and wants to pay for an abortion should be able to have that abortion performed and No person should be able to stop that process if it does not violate the personal religious beliefs of the Dr performing it and the person paying for it.....

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
Well if you look at abortion. Some feel it is the absolute right to restrict someones beliefs if they are accepting Federal Funds or even NOT accepting Federal Funds. And many people who oppose abortion do so based on their personal religious beliefs.

So by the statement you made here. You would have to agree that a person who goes to a Dr and wants to pay for an abortion should be able to have that abortion performed and No person should be able to stop that process if it does not violate the personal religious beliefs of the Dr performing it and the person paying for it.....
Man this is a very cavalier answer for taking someone's life.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Man this is a very cavalier answer for taking someone's life.
It is the harsh reality of what we agree/disagree on in this country when many think it is ok and not ok to impose our own personal religious beliefs.

It is not my answer. Just a reflection of reality and struggle that is currently happening

Both allowing a Dr to refuse medical treatment based on Religious beliefs or preventing an abortion based on Religious beliefs involve a human life and a potential for that life to be extinguished and both can result in saving a human life