Tweet of the Day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Hrm...not much of a fan of this. I understand the reason. But it makes it just one small step away from American's being included into this database once it is built and DNA tracking of Americans when some other POTUS down the line decides to expand it

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1186337871634059265

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Ummm Yeah...Hoover and Kennedy say hi

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1186344869687627776
Honest question. Did they actually give it away to charities and such or did they just refuse a salary? I'm not sure.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Honest question. Did they actually give it away to charities and such or did they just refuse a salary? I'm not sure.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Obama donated $1.1 million of his $3.2 million salary over 8 years to 8 different charities. He also donated his $1.4 million Nobel Peace Prize money to 10 different organizations. I didn't actually know this until I looked at Hoover and Kennedy.

Kennedy donated all of his POTUS salary to charities

Hoover donated all of his POTUS salary to charities as well.

Kennedy and Hoover donating their salary to charity was most likely for tax purposes since they were both independently wealthy prior to become POTUS

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
You know you can not use that term in the US without conjuring the mind set of a hate crime . 8 of 10 recorded lynchings in US history we're against black people
But the term did not originate with that, it existed before then and was accurately applied to those situations because of its definition, which still means the same thing today.

Obviously the PC police are going to criticize it, I guess I'm hoping you aren't joining or defending that movement simply because you dislike Trump.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Obviously the PC police are going to criticize it, I guess I'm hoping you aren't joining or defending that movement simply because you dislike Trump.
No..I'm more pointing out this is VERY misguided language to use in the optics of the current climate that will draw more heat and scrutiny to a man who doesn't need any more..

He doesn't think before he throws crap out there and them wonders why people get upset

He started a firestorm over the word lynching today when it was not needed and unnecessary for him to say

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
But the term did not originate with that, it existed before then and was accurately applied to those situations because of its definition, which still means the same thing today.

See now he has to have a WH Spox come out to tell the media the context of his Tweet. All unnecessary...and the WH Spox has to tie it back to the treatment of blacks after abolition. Trump started this whole mess himself