Tweet of the Day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I'm not sure that Trump understands the questions on Income by the Census Dept were changed in 2014 and a record level 'median household" income has been recorded in each Census questionnaire since the change

Here are changes they made in 2014 to the Census for Household Income #Obamawantedbetternumbers

• Tailoring the order of income questions to match those sources most likely received by respondents given certain known characteristics of the respondent focusing on households with a householder aged 62 and older, lower income households, and a default for all other household types.

• Using a dual-pass identifying all sources of income received first and then ask amounts for those sources the respondent indicated receiving.

• Using income ranges as a follow-up for “don’t know” or “refused” income amount questions. • Removing the family income screener for determining which households to ask low-income sources (such as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families [TANF]).

• Changing the disability questions to eliminate confusion between disability from Social Security and SSI.

• Collecting lump sum back-payments for disability benefits.

• Using a new strategy to collect property income by asking separately about income from retirement accounts and other assets.

• Collecting the value of assets that generate income if the respondent is unsure of the income generated.

• Asking about retirement account withdrawals and distributions.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Mind you, he had 10 days, TEN DAYS, to come up with this.

Then, he tries to walk it back.

LeBron James
@KingJames

Let me clear up the confusion. I do not believe there was any consideration for the consequences and ramifications of the tweet. I’m not discussing the substance. Others can talk About that.
8:35 PM - Oct 14, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

14.4K people are talking about this

What an absolute pansy-ass thing to say from the guy who's "educated" on this issue.

It's fine, but just come out & say it: "China's a huge market for my shoes & upcoming Space Jam 2, so I've got nothing to say."

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I'm not sure that Trump understands the questions on Income by the Census Dept were changed in 2014 and a record level 'median household" income has been recorded in each Census questionnaire since the change

Here are changes they made in 2014 to the Census for Household Income #Obamawantedbetternumbers

• Tailoring the order of income questions to match those sources most likely received by respondents given certain known characteristics of the respondent focusing on households with a householder aged 62 and older, lower income households, and a default for all other household types.

• Using a dual-pass identifying all sources of income received first and then ask amounts for those sources the respondent indicated receiving.

• Using income ranges as a follow-up for “don’t know” or “refused” income amount questions. • Removing the family income screener for determining which households to ask low-income sources (such as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families [TANF]).

• Changing the disability questions to eliminate confusion between disability from Social Security and SSI.

• Collecting lump sum back-payments for disability benefits.

• Using a new strategy to collect property income by asking separately about income from retirement accounts and other assets.

• Collecting the value of assets that generate income if the respondent is unsure of the income generated.

• Asking about retirement account withdrawals and distributions.

But is the census where he got the numbers? Because we are about to go through one next year. Different departments probably have different identifiers.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
“I don’t want to get into a [verbal] feud with Daryl Morey, but I believe he wasn’t educated on the situation at hand, and he spoke,” James said before a preseason game. “And so many people could have been harmed, not only financially, [but] physically, emotionally, spiritually.

So let's take a look at this. Says he doesn't want to get into a feud with Morey, then says Morey's not educated about the issue. As for the harm, yeah, screw the people in China actually suffering & fighting for democracy.

Dude is AOC-level out of his depth here. His comments yesterday demonstrate that quite clearly.

Morey was "selfish" & "uneducated." Yeah, supporting people fighting for freedom is "selfish" of Morey. LeBron protecting his business interests, not selfish at all. And mind you, he doesn't want to get into a feud with Morey.

With yesterday's comments, in an attempt to clarify things, James got the shovel out & dug away a little more. By saying essentially that people shouldn't have to speak out or care about every issue, just understand when that comes home to roost. Btw, he CHOSE to speak on this, nobody made him.

I like LeBron & a lot of the charity he's been involved in, no scandals off the court, seems like a good husband & father. The simple fact is, he got exposed as being a very good basketball player who tried to complain about a tweet from an NBA GM because it made their trip to China a little less fun.

The very, very simple fact that he had a week to say something, & didn't realize that expressing support for democracy would make him an absolute hero is why he's completely out of his league here. Playing the victim card yesterday & saying his words just get twisted was also pretty weak sauce.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1184468286416789504?s=20
One of my favorites from awhile back with LeBron is when he was taking Trump to task for something (god only knows what) & he made a point of telling the assembled media that "I won't speak his name" & repeated that a couple of times.

You "won't speak his name"? & you actually think that's some legitimate diss or virtue signal? Are you 5 years old?

King Poke

Medical Mystery
A/V Subscriber
Aug 18, 2007
Frisco, TX
Mind you, he had 10 days, TEN DAYS, to come up with this.

Then, he tries to walk it back.

LeBron James

@KingJames

Let me clear up the confusion. I do not believe there was any consideration for the consequences and ramifications of the tweet. I’m not discussing the substance. Others can talk About that.

8:35 PM - Oct 14, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

14.4K people are talking about this

What an absolute pansy-ass thing to say from the guy who's "educated" on this issue.

It's fine, but just come out & say it: "China's a huge market for my shoes & upcoming Space Jam 2, so I've got nothing to say."
Time for Lebron to hire someone with a clue to run his twitter.