Tweet of the Day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Can't wait for the next time Lebron, Popovich, or Kerr try to speak out about some injustice they perceive is going on here in America. The reply back from now on can be, "oh, but what about China?"
Yeah, we really need to scrutinize the NBA and hold them to a really high standard.

"He's now president for life. President for life. No, he's great," Trump said. "And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll have to give that a shot some day."

Trump also agreed to not bring up HK as part of his trade war. I like how the standard is higher for an NBA player than the POTUS.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
Yeah, we really need to scrutinize the NBA and hold them to a really high standard.

"He's now president for life. President for life. No, he's great," Trump said. "And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll have to give that a shot some day."

Trump also agreed to not bring up HK as part of his trade war. I like how the standard is higher for an NBA player than the POTUS.
No it just is the most glaring example of them being hypocrites out there. Boo North Carolina but Yay China? C'mon now. All about the Benjamin's.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma

Oh OK, so we shouldn't even talk about this NBA situation? You're cool with them bending over and apologizing to China for the Rockets GM tweeting support for the pro democracy Hong Kong protestors? Yeah let's side track that and bring up some Trump stuff. What a dumb response.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Oh OK, so we shouldn't even talk about this NBA situation? You're cool with them bending over and apologizing to China for the Rockets GM tweeting support for the pro democracy Hong Kong protestors? Yeah let's side track that and bring up some Trump stuff. What a dumb response.
My bad, I thought we were talking about a political situation, on a politics board, in a political thread, so I involved politics. Should have kept it as a purely NBA topic which makes so so much sense.

How dare the NBA back off of foreign political issues when there is clearly nothing to gain... Is that better?

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
My bad, I thought we were talking about a political situation, on a politics board, in a political thread, so I involved politics. Should have kept it as a purely NBA topic which makes so so much sense.

How dare the NBA back off of foreign political issues when there is clearly nothing to gain... Is that better?
Ha! You act like they are just backing off and staying silent when James Harden even went so far as issuing an apology to China, saying his general manager doesn't speak for the rest of them when that general manager tweeted in support of the pro democracy Hong Kong protesters. This is really a topic you want to argue about?

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Ha! You act like they are just backing off and staying silent when James Harden even went so far as issuing an apology to China, saying his general manager doesn't speak for the rest of them when that general manager tweeted in support of the pro democracy Hong Kong protesters. This is really a topic you want to argue about?
My point was pretty clear. You are holding NBA players to a higher standard than the POTUS. You cried foul.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
My point was pretty clear. You are holding NBA players to a higher standard than the POTUS. You cried foul.
And my point is pretty clear....I'm calling out the hypocrisy of the outspoken NBA social justice warrior league. Who is all the sudden not so much about social justice when it will effect their bank accounts. Your idiotic point is no one should be able to criticize their massive hypocrisy 'cause Trump.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
And my point is pretty clear....I'm calling out the hypocrisy of the outspoken NBA social justice warrior league. Who is all the sudden not so much about social justice when it will effect their bank accounts. Your idiotic point is no one should be able to criticize their massive hypocrisy 'cause Trump.
I don't think US political issues and China Political issues are of equal concern.

Just like if my daughter gets caught smoking I punish her but if I see the pastor's daughter smoking I just move on. That doesn't make me a hypocrite. It means I am minding my own business. Especially if my boss works with the church.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
I don't think US political issues and China Political issues are of equal concern.

Just like if my daughter gets caught smoking I punish her but if I see the pastor's daughter smoking I just move on. That doesn't make me a hypocrite. It means I am minding my own business. Especially if my boss works with the church.
OK, you are minding your own business in that example. That's fine. But, the NBA is actually apologizing and attempting to do damage control for this because it offended China.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
OK, you are minding your own business in that example. That's fine. But, the NBA is actually apologizing and attempting to do damage control for this because it offended China.
He specifically says he is not apologizing for the comments. But I do see your point they are certainly doing damage control. But calling out Lebron, Kerr, and Pop to say their voices are now that of a hypocrite on all issues is just silly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxFVy420BxI

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Low hanging fruit. Partisanship makes us all idiots. If we can't agree to condemn the NBA over this, how will we ever be able to agree to condemn the politicians.
Condemn
1.express complete disapproval of, typically in public; censure.
2.sentence (someone) to a particular punishment, especially death.

Not seeing what the NBA did that deserves such a serious judgement. They are getting what they deserve in bad PR and doing generally what any sane person would do in backing away and trying to stay out of any bigger fights since they get nothing in return.

I gladly will condemn any politicians for breaking laws since that is literally their main purpose as a public servant is to answer to laws and the people they represent.