Tweet of the Day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

John C

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2011
https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1181161687333900289
Although I am generally opposed to trade impediments, I will call bull spit on their conclusion. I won’t bore you with an Economics lecture, but the only way a tariff falls entirely on the consumer is if the demand curve is a vertical line, meaning quantity demanded does not respond to price changes. That is, consumers buy exactly the same amount regardless of the price. It’s hard to find examples where that happens; insulin probably comes as close as anything.

*mini Econ lecture concluded

Aug 16, 2012
I understand the big picture, but did just get my first real taste of the tariffs over the weekend. Have you seen what has happened to automotive batteries? Good gravy. Found the receipt for my last one four years ago, $89. Just paid 2x that for the replacement.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I understand the big picture, but did just get my first real taste of the tariffs over the weekend. Have you seen what has happened to automotive batteries? Good gravy. Found the receipt for my last one four years ago, $89. Just paid 2x that for the replacement.
Really? Guess it depends on where you are, I don't know.

Just helped a buddy replace his yesterday & I was pleasantly surprised that his only ran $75ish. Got $18 back for the core.

Aug 16, 2012
Really? Guess it depends on where you are, I don't know.

Just helped a buddy replace his yesterday & I was pleasantly surprised that his only ran $75ish. Got $18 back for the core.
1570472834592.png

That was for the mid-grade. The top grade was $194. This is at O'Reilly's which might have a premium but since they sponsor the B12, I try to go there.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Really? This isn't new at all. The entry level, O'Reilly's house brand has been running around $89 (std side post battery for about any GM truck) for like 5 years... maybe even longer.