Tweet of the Day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Yesterday..our economy was so strong it was hurting other nations

Today Trump says they considering payroll tax cut to avoid a recession

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1163472272612626433?s=19

Last edited:

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
Yesterday..our economy was so strong it was hurting other nations

Today Trump says they considering payroll tax cut to avoid a recession

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1163472272612626433?s=19
Some of your most boring stuff of late. Guaranteed to elicit a big yawn. ;)

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Bible- For all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God
Modern Church- Through Jesus all sin can be Forgiven
Modern Church- you are strengthened by hearing God's Word in Church
Modern Church- God loves and welcomes all Sinners

Gay Couple- Can we come to Church and hear God's Word?

Modern Church- not in MY Church SINNER!

WTF?!
Might want to read a few more verses from the Bible.

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
The actual paper, interestingly enough, the TechCrunch guy seems not to have read it.

https://www.pnas.org/content/pnas/112/33/E4512.full.pdf

Sometimes the reviewer of the study is more biased than the study.

And wasn’t the original premise of the left’s impeach trump predicated on the idea that voters could be swayed on the Internet by a foreign entity. Hmmm seems that the goose and the gander have swapped now that the gander has been shown to be fictional.

and there’s this over 90% of searches stop on page 1, based on 300M results, oh that crafty crackpot science, if you don’t think a confirmation bias source can manipulate rankings then, yeah I got nothing.

Sometime back there was this funny meme floating around the internet that said – “The best place to hide a dead body is page 2 of Google search results“. According to research by online ad network Chitika, page one results enjoy a whopping 95% of all search traffic.

The funniest reply to this was “Or page 1 of Bing”

More interesting data:

The very first organic result on the first search engine results page (SERP) sees about 32.5% of overall search traffic in terms of clicks. The 2nd domain sees 17.6%, while the 7th only sees 3.5%
The total of average CTR for top 10 queries is 208%, meaning users click more than twice on the first result page
At 53%, women are slightly more prone to click on paid search results than men
It’s been theorized that Google will start using an author’s influence to determine the ranking of their content for relevant queries
With Google constantly rolling out new features, there’s no longer such a thing as a standard SERP for everyone.
Interestingly enough, you apparently didn’t read the paper the reviewer was referring to.
If you would have actually read the TechCrunch article you criticized, then you would have seen the white paper in question was embedded at the end.

Instead you drag up a older paper that the new one makes reference to. While interesting, doesn’t reflect how terrible the most recent one is. Or how stupid the dotus reference to it actually was.

Feb 25, 2008

WTF?!
Not quite the issue - membership in the church was the issue, not attendence.

1566395454327.png

1 Corinthians 5:1–13
English Standard Version

Sexual Immorality Defiles the Church
5 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his father’s wife. 2 And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you.
3 For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing. 4 When you are assembled in the name of the Lord Jesus and my spirit is present, with the power of our Lord Jesus, 5 you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord.
6 Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? 7 Cleanse out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, as you really are unleavened. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8 Let us therefore celebrate the festival, not with the old leaven, the leaven of malice and evil, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. 12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? 13 God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I'm so happy to know that Christ will never turn his back on us and will ALWAYS have a way back to him

I pray my church would never vote to remove a sinner because the church developed their own non biblical hierarchy of sin and that sinners worthiness to hear the Lord's word

This "nice Jesus" you speak of isn't found in scripture:

Matthew 7:21 (Jesus said) “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ (emphasis added)

WTF?!
Acts 2:38 (ESV Strong's) And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 8:22 Repent, therefore, of this wickedness of yours, and pray to the Lord that, if possible, the intent of your heart may be forgiven you.

James 2:14-18 (ESV Strong's) 14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? 17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
18 But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

WTF?!
A little more actual scripture to counter the Gospel according to Binman:

James 5:19-20 (ESV Strong's) 19 My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, 20 let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

Matthew 18:15-17 (ESV Strong's) 15 (Jesus said) “If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. 16 But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. 17 If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.

1 Corinthians 5:9-13 (ESV Strong's) 9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. 12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? 13 God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”

We are not to tolerate open sin in the church. If that church sees that as sinful and they've gone through corrected steps and there is no desire for corrected, then what other choice do they have but to put them out of the fellowship. And why on earth would they want to remain?

I'm dealing with something very similar in my personal life right now.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
A little more actual scripture to counter the Gospel according to Binman:

James 5:19-20 (ESV Strong's) 19 My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, 20 let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

Matthew 18:15-17 (ESV Strong's) 15 (Jesus said) “If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. 16 But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. 17 If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.

1 Corinthians 5:9-13 (ESV Strong's) 9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. 12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? 13 God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”

We are not to tolerate open sin in the church. If that church sees that as sinful and they've gone through corrected steps and there is no desire for corrected, then what other choice do they have but to put them out of the fellowship. And why on earth would they want to remain?

I'm dealing with something very similar in my personal life right now.

Thanks! I want the spread of The Word and for all to hear. But I agree you can't be a member of a fellowship in doing so. Thanks for helping me find the direction needed to see that

Romans 13:13 commands us to walk honestly, or decently, no longer participating in the licentious lifestyle of the world. Galatians 5:13 says that we are called to liberty, but that we cannot use liberty “for an occasion to the flesh,” excusing our continued sins