Tweet of the Day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
This impacts ~380K people in the US. If the Federal Govt really wanted to do something real about Debt related to Federally funded Welfare programs it would rewrite the rules related to the ~47% of US households that receive direct Federal Welfare when there are able bodied people living off the gubment. This has very little impact on Welfare spending in the US as a whole and does very little to solve any debt issues related to Welfare.
Haha the dems would go off the rails and have any time someone talks about social security and the like.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Hrm..but I thought US consumers were the winners of the tariffs and the US govt coffers were being filled with $$ Billions because of the tariffs.....now we know whose Billions are filling the coffers of the Govt #tariffsaretaxes

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1161621463843188737?s=19

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Hrm..but I thought US consumers were the winners of the tariffs and the US govt coffers were being filled with $$ Billions because of the tariffs.....now we know whose Billions are filling the coffers of the Govt #tariffsaretaxes

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1161621463843188737?s=19
I'm convinced he does this crap just to mess with the market. I'm not sure who he's doing it for. Right now it looks like he's helping the "shorters".

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
I'm bewildered. Some media is pointing out that Trump is silent about the protests. Pointing out the English use of words, American flags and songs. As if he's supposed to do something about it. I'm sure we are stirring the pot but someone's trying to double dog dare him into making a move. I don't like it. It's not our problem and it never was. Why should we go out of our way to defend HK when we can't defend ourselves?

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
I'm bewildered. Some media is pointing out that Trump is silent about the protests. Pointing out the English use of words, American flags and songs. As if he's supposed to do something about it. I'm sure we are stirring the pot but someone's trying to double dog dare him into making a move. I don't like it. It's not our problem and it never was. Why should we go out of our way to defend HK when we can't defend ourselves?
Coworker: We should be more involved.
Me: Like how?
CW: IDK, but we need to be more involved. Trumps doing nothing.
Me: He should have the Marines storm the beach, how about that?
CW: Well, no, but he should do SOMETHING.
Me: Like what exactly, for FS? Maybe tarrifs on Chinese imports?
end of conversation

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
The Chinese have already accussed us publicly of being involved after photos of a US diplomat speaking with one of the organizers was made public.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
LOL Trump is losing it. He was expecting the Fed to pay for the blowback from the trade war with China and it isn't panning out that way.

On a happier note, if he doesn't get it together we are looking pretty screwed either way.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
In his defense. If you go back far enough....
Here is his quote:

"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?" King told the crowd at the Westside Conservative Club. “Considering all the wars and all the rapes and pillages that happened throughout all these different nations, I know that I can't say that I was not a part of a product of that."

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
In his defense. If you go back far enough....
Here is his quote:

"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?" King told the crowd at the Westside Conservative Club. “Considering all the wars and all the rapes and pillages that happened throughout all these different nations, I know that I can't say that I was not a part of a product of that."
But, rape culture!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Here is his quote:

I guess that's the media for you. The way I read the headline in yahoo made it sound like he was promoting it. If you believe in the Bible I guess you'd go back to the great flood and realize we're all one big family.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Here is his quote:

And the question was how would he defend his stance on pushing to make abortion illegal even in cases of rape or incest...and this was his response

He could have responded in a very much less creepy way..but this is what he chose to say