Tweet of the Day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I do not know how accurate this is or where all the salaries or payments for the respective teams come from but thought I would drop it here for conversational purposes.

https://humanevents.com/2019/07/08/...en-more/?utm_referrer=https://www.google.com/

The United States women’s soccer team just won the FIFA Women’s World Cup against the Netherlands.

The left was more ecstatic over this than they were during the Fourth of July.

The crowd traded a “U.S.A.” chant for one saying “Equal Pay”.

The soccer equal pay controversy began making headlines in March, when twenty-eight of the U.S. women’s team sued the United States Soccer Federation (U.S. Soccer) over “institutionalized gender discrimination”. The twenty-eight include the teams leading players.

There is a pay gap in soccer, no doubt. But to the dismay of social justice warriors, they have incorrectly identified the victim of the skewed pay. It is in fact men who are not earning their fair share, comparatively.

Leading up to the Women’s World Cup, and especially now that the U.S. has secured the win, the pay gap conversation has snowballed into one that grabbed the attention of Congress.

Over fifty legislators signed a letter addressing this supposed “institutionalized gender discrimination”. Amongst the legislators is Democratic Senator Chuck Schumer of New York, who stated:

“The women make just as much of a sacrifice, put in just as much mental and physical energy, absorb just as much risk of injury as the men who play for our national team. Yet, when you break it down, a women’s national soccer team player earns a base salary of $3,600 per game while a men’s player earns $5,000.”

The Huffington Post threw out some numbers commonly used to propagate the pay gap myth.

They reported U.S. Soccer’s women salaries are approximately $30,000 less than the men, in addition to earning smaller bonuses.

“U.S. Soccer awarded the men’s team a $5.4 million bonus after it lost in the round of 16 at the 2014 World Cup. It awarded the women’s team $1.7 million when it won the entire 2015 tournament.”

But when you figure revenue into the equation – the money that drives the financial reward – the math does not add up.

Forbes’s Mike Ozanian helped set the record straight when the lawsuit was first filed. Referencing the Women’s World Cup in Vancouver four years ago, Ozanian said, “The Women’s World Cup brought in almost $73 million, of which the players got 13%. The 2010 men’s World Cup in South Africa made almost $4 billion, of which 9% went to the players.”

In yesterday’s World Cup, participating teams received over 22 per cent of the revenue, whereas men only received seven per cent of the revenue in last year’s World Cup in Russia. Women are actually earning over three times more than men.

Because the Men’s World Cup made north of six billion dollars, that seven per cent equates to 400 million dollars for the teams.

The Women’s World Cup only earned around 130 million dollars, so the 22 per cent is only 30 million dollars....(more)

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Someone with more time on their hands than I have should try to pull up a copy of a census prior to BO and see if that or a similar question is on it.
The 1950 Census is the last to have a citizenship question.

Other surveys sent out by the government have had the citizenship question, and presumably will next year, but go to a much smaller percentage of the population. I would assume it goes to enough households for statisticians to believe it is accurate.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2019/apr/01/citizenship-question-census/
It has recently gone to 20% of the population on the long form. Trump wants it on the short forms as well.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

John C

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2011
https://twitter.com/doc_0/status/1148572409370423296?s=21
Something that happened 4 generations ago—done by someone you never met—that’s some hard hitting news, NBC. No mention of the fact that Kamala’s ancestors were slave owners we can probably safely assume.

Pokit N

Cashing Checks & Snapping Necks!
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
South Elgin, IL
I do not know how accurate this is or where all the salaries or payments for the respective teams come from but thought I would drop it here for conversational purposes.

https://humanevents.com/2019/07/08/there-should-be-equal-pay-for-the-world-cup-that-means-paying-men-more/?utm_referrer=https://www.google.com/

The United States women’s soccer team just won the FIFA Women’s World Cup against the Netherlands.

The crowdtraded a “U.S.A.” chant for one saying “Equal Pay”.

The soccer equal pay controversy began making headlines in March, when twenty-eight of the U.S. women’s team sued the United States Soccer Federation (U.S. Soccer) over “institutionalized gender discrimination”. The twenty-eight include the teams leading players.

There is a pay gap in soccer, no doubt. But to the dismay of social justice warriors, they have incorrectly identified the victim of the skewed pay. It is in fact men who are not earning their fair share, comparatively.

Leading up to the Women’s World Cup, and especially now that the U.S. has secured the win, the pay gap conversation has snowballed into one that grabbed the attention of Congress.

Over fifty legislators signed a letter addressing this supposed “institutionalized gender discrimination”. Amongst the legislators is Democratic Senator Chuck Schumer of New York, who stated:

“The women make just as much of a sacrifice, put in just as much mental and physical energy, absorb just as much risk of injury as the men who play for our national team. Yet, when you break it down, a women’s national soccer team player earns a base salary of $3,600 per game while a men’s player earns $5,000.”

The Huffington Post threw out some numbers commonly used to propagate the pay gap myth.

They reported U.S. Soccer’s women salaries are approximately $30,000 less than the men, in addition to earning smaller bonuses.

“U.S. Soccer awarded the men’s team a $5.4 million bonus after it lost in the round of 16 at the 2014 World Cup. It awarded the women’s team $1.7 million when it won the entire 2015 tournament.”

But when you figure revenue into the equation – the money that drives the financial reward – the math does not add up.

Forbes’s Mike Ozanian helped set the record straight when the lawsuit was first filed. Referencing the Women’s World Cup in Vancouver four years ago, Ozanian said, “The Women’s World Cup brought in almost $73 million, of which the players got 13%. The 2010 men’s World Cup in South Africa made almost $4 billion, of which 9% went to the players.”

In yesterday’s World Cup, participating teams received over 22 per cent of the revenue, whereas men only received seven per cent of the revenue in last year’s World Cup in Russia. Women are actually earning over three times more than men.

Because the Men’s World Cup made north of six billion dollars, that seven per cent equates to 400 million dollars for the teams.

The Women’s World Cup only earned around 130 million dollars, so the 22 per cent is only 30 million dollars....(more)
Guys...I know they were saying "equal pay", but they really don't want "equality" what they want is EQUITY...

Small but very important difference...

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

https://humanevents.com/2019/07/08/there-should-be-equal-pay-for-the-world-cup-that-means-paying-men-more/?utm_referrer=https://www.google.com/

The crowdtraded a “U.S.A.” chant for one saying “Equal Pay”.

Guys...I know they were saying "equal pay", but they really don't want "equality" what they want is EQUITY...

Small but very important difference...
No, what they want is more pay even though they don't bring in the same revenue. Their contact was negotiated at the rate it was to give them a percentage of revenue. Get more fans and their pay would increase. Easy as that.

Pokit N

Cashing Checks & Snapping Necks!
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
South Elgin, IL
No, what they want is more pay even though they don't bring in the same revenue. Their contact was negotiated at the rate it was to give them a percentage of revenue. Get more fans and their pay would increase. Easy as that.

We are saying the same thing...EQUITY. Guys, get used to this word...you have to understand the lefts verbiage...they sneak this word in knowing you won't understand what they mean...Here is a visual:
1562689720380.png

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
We are saying the same thing...EQUITY. Guys, get used to this word...you have to understand the lefts verbiage...they sneak this word in knowing you won't understand what they mean...Here is a visual:
View attachment 71631
The better way for all of them to see the game would be for them to buy tickets and just sit in the stands. :D
Yay for capitalism.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

View attachment 71631
They just need to work on renegotiating their contract which I understand is not up yet but I don't think they're going to pull in enough revenue. Really the only way for them to get more money is to put more butts in the seats and I just don't think that's going to happen. What the girls want as to get a humongous slice of the pie that they don't deserve.