Tweet of the Day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
The funny thing is that currently, Fox News is a thousand times worse than CNN. I mean they have brainwashed all the old farts in this country to actually thinking Trump is a good president and that all of libtards are responsible for all of his problems. It wasn't that long ago (the Barrack Era) that I would have agreed that MSNBC and CNN were the absolute worst. Must have something to do with "their" guy being in power.

I won't even mention all of the fake news websites that have really gotten popular in the last 10 years (looking at you Breitbart and Infowars). Opinion passed as fact seems to be the standard almost everywhere now. Sucks, but all you can do is cast a wide net and adjust your filter accordingly.
A thousand times worse? Come on, quit accusing others of being brainwashed if you are going to say something like that.. ;) I mean I agree that Fox is and has always been biased, the yin to MSNBC's yang, and in the past CNN has easily been the best of the bunch (including the networks). But since the 2016 elections, CNN has TDS bad (trump derangement syndrome) and have fallen from easily the least biased to easily one of the most biased. It's kind of silly to argue about though because I think most intelligent people will agree that they all have the reputation of a tabloid at this point and anybody getting their news from any of them is a sheep.

As for Breitbart, they certainly aren't better than the others but they aren't any worse either, the difference of course is that they admit their bias whereas the mainstream media sources pretend they are impartial, which is a freaking joke.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
After all this time there are Democrats who STILL actually believe that Clinton was impeached over cheating on his wife. Kind of like there are Dems who still actually believe that Gore won the 2000 Florida recount.

Imagine the level of ignorance that the left will still have about Trump 25 years from now. There are people who will live their entire lives actually believing that Trump colluded with Russia to steal the election, that he intentionally locked immigrant children in cages, and that he actively encouraged white supremacy. And nothing will ever be able to convince them otherwise.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
After all this time there are Democrats who STILL actually believe that Clinton was impeached over cheating on his wife. Kind of like there are Dems who still actually believe that Gore won the 2000 Florida recount.

Imagine the level of ignorance that the left will still have about Trump 25 years from now. There are people who will live their entire lives actually believing that Trump colluded with Russia to steal the election, that he intentionally locked immigrant children in cages, and that he actively encouraged white supremacy. And nothing will ever be able to convince them otherwise.
Am I the only one that sees parallels between the Russia investigation & the Starr investigation?

I didn't support either one, & ultimately, people were convicted of process crimes through the course of the investigation. In both instances, the minority party took the ball & ran with it, looking for anything they could, even if they couldn't prove the original charges.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Am I the only one that sees parallels between the Russia investigation & the Starr investigation?

I didn't support either one, & ultimately, people were convicted of process crimes through the course of the investigation. In both instances, the minority party took the ball & ran with it, looking for anything they could, even if they couldn't prove the original charges.
I think it is fair to say both are/were political witch hunts. The main difference of course is that Clinton actually did have relations with an intern and lied about it. Trump did not collude with Russia and therefore couldn't lie about it.

Both investigations were unnecessary but one of them scares me more than the other as far as the government overstepping their authority.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX

A huge difference for me, not in the investigation but the people being investigated, is that Clinton used Exec Privilege to block questioning of White House and Secret Service staff while Trump, according to reports, has never blocked access to anyone the SC wanted to interview.

Bruce Lindsay was a White House deputy and while he was an attorney he did not provide legal work in the Clinton Admin but Pres. Clinton claimed attorney-client privilege to keep him from testifying. Hillary did similar with one of her assistants in the State Dept. during the investigation of her server.

Last edited: