Tweet of the Day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I bought Philosophy of the World when I was at OSU. I listened to it for days. It was hallucinogenic. It's difficult to believe at first that it isn't a put-on. Then after listening for a while you realize that no one can do that on purpose. I mean, people have actually tried to reproduce their music and it's impossible.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
What will US citizens do about a presidency that may not be criminal, but is incessantly contemptuous of ethical and legal constraints, and may be the knowing product of an attack on America democracy by a hostile foreign power?

This is not news, it is called opinion. But CNN no longer knows the difference, or more likely, they do know and don't care.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
What will US citizens do about a presidency that may not be criminal, but is incessantly contemptuous of ethical and legal constraints, and may be the knowing product of an attack on America democracy by a hostile foreign power?

This is not news, it is called opinion. But CNN no longer knows the difference, or more likely, they do know and don't care.
Well of course. They're getting beat by at least 16 other networks, night in & night out.

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
The funny thing is that currently, Fox News is a thousand times worse than CNN. I mean they have brainwashed all the old farts in this country to actually thinking Trump is a good president and that all of libtards are responsible for all of his problems. It wasn't that long ago (the Barrack Era) that I would have agreed that MSNBC and CNN were the absolute worst. Must have something to do with "their" guy being in power.

I won't even mention all of the fake news websites that have really gotten popular in the last 10 years (looking at you Breitbart and Infowars). Opinion passed as fact seems to be the standard almost everywhere now. Sucks, but all you can do is cast a wide net and adjust your filter accordingly.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
The funny thing is that currently, Fox News is a thousand times worse than CNN. I mean they have brainwashed all the old farts in this country to actually thinking Trump is a good president and that all of libtards are responsible for all of his problems. It wasn't that long ago (the Barrack Era) that I would have agreed that MSNBC and CNN were the absolute worst. Must have something to do with "their" guy being in power.

I won't even mention all of the fake news websites that have really gotten popular in the last 10 years (looking at you Breitbart and Infowars). Opinion passed as fact seems to be the standard almost everywhere now. Sucks, but all you can do is cast a wide net and adjust your filter accordingly.
I concur. The oldies don't even realize Disney owns it and they have slowly been changing the narrative. Some are figuring out and tuning in only for hannity and the like. But since when did GQ, Vannity Fair, Cosompolitan and the like become bastions of political theory? It's one thing when the big leagues like the Post and NYT don't like the president but it's a complete burn out when your teens glamor mag is it on too. That's the reason why Trumps followers won't stop and it driving him to a second term.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

Totally agree with your overall premise here.

Having said that, the news networks are all the same & equally bad, they just have different target audiences.

As an alum of OSU's JB School & someone who's spent a decade in news, I absolutely cringe at the stuff I see, read & hear with today's media, & it's across the board.