Tweet of the Day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 23, 2010
I agree with this part of your comment. Lee is normally smart. For some reason, he can't seem to understand what was adopted by congress.

I don't understand the rest of your post.
Isn't that hard. If Mike Lee or really several other run of the mill Republicans who voted for this are not Republicans, what is your working definition of Republican? It seems it isn't ideological, it's have they bent the knee to Trump.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
Liberal logic 101
The left inciting violence = meh.
Trump saying it could be bad for them to do so = OMG Trump is calling for civil war.
Trumpeteer logic, Call Liberals bad names, ok. Call for bikers to do damage to democrats, "OMIGOD, the Liberals are inciting violence!"

Jul 20, 2018
Isn't that hard. If Mike Lee or really several other run of the mill Republicans who voted for this are not Republicans, what is your working definition of Republican? It seems it isn't ideological, it's have they bent the knee to Trump.
So, complying with the law as it's written, is bowing to Trump? Why was it ok to comply with the law when other presidents called a minor issue in many other countries as being a "national emergency" when we know they had absolutely NOTHING to do with a national emergency? Now, something that is a true national emergency, suddenly isn't? Don't be so disingenuous.

Nov 23, 2010
So, complying with the law as it's written, is bowing to Trump? Why was it ok to comply with the law when other presidents called a minor issue in many other countries as being a "national emergency" when we know they had absolutely NOTHING to do with a national emergency? Now, something that is a true national emergency, suddenly isn't? Don't be so disingenuous.
It is one issue. There are plenty of conservatives who think this is overreach. None of these Senators are magically not Republicans based on one vote.

And the emergency powers need to be reined in. What was so disappointing about Cruz and Sasse voting in favor is they stated they think there is too much latitude in the law but didn't announce legislation to rein in the power.

Jul 20, 2018
It is one issue. There are plenty of conservatives who think this is overreach. None of these Senators are magically not Republicans based on one vote.

And the emergency powers need to be reined in. What was so disappointing about Cruz and Sasse voting in favor is they stated they think there is too much latitude in the law but didn't announce legislation to rein in the power.
That's the point. Comply with the law or change it. Cruz and Sasse complied with the law.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Trumpeteer logic, Call Liberals bad names, ok. Call for bikers to do damage to democrats, "OMIGOD, the Liberals are inciting violence!"
1. I am not a Trump supporter. I have never liked Trump and did not vote for him. (I do like that name though, Trumpeteer, cute)
2. I did not call liberals bad names, I said they incite violence and they have.
3. Trump did not call on bikers to attack Democrats, he said if the left did something violent, the push back from bikers (and others) would be bad for them.
4. Don't believe everything the media tells you.

Last edited: