Tweet of the Day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
I'm also seeing in some of those articles that a cell phone video was taken as well but no one has showed even a still from it. Evidently it was this lady and 4 other men that attacked this guy.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Only thing missing is his MAGA hat.
Unfortunately I can't disagree with you here... I'm more upset about the police officers lack of response to this though. I couldn't believe he just stood back and watched while this guy was getting up in this ladies face repeatedly. I'm surprised the guy that was with her didn't just deck the guy but then I'm sure HE'D be the one the officer would decide to finally get involved with...

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
nearly all of these headlines run with "go back to your country" or "racist". Do you REALLY not see it?
I see it and try not to deal in nonsensical things. Therefore I tried to focus on the aspect of Nationalism and not race. Race is moot in this story. Nationalism knows no race...but alas somehow get slighted that I didn't investigate race. For those who question the race of those involved in this story....why...why is you the response is to investigate the perpetrator here to rule out a "Crazy White MAGA guy" ?

There seems to be a disturbing trend recently toward violent acts by both the Left and the Right, centered around their idealism of what it means to be "Patriotic" to this country.

The offensive acts of the Left are often called out on this board and we must not ignore the same on the Right as the more extremes of both parties seem to be moving more toward not an extreme exception but a tolerated (at times) norm.

I haven't made a post yet about the "comedian" (lady who did the Correspondents Dinner..don't remember her name) and her Patriotic Salute to Abortion she put out on Netflix over the 4th......I find the idea behind it to vile to examine so far to research and post intelligently about it.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Unfortunately I can't disagree with you here... I'm more upset about the police officers lack of response to this though. I couldn't believe he just stood back and watched while this guy was getting up in this ladies face repeatedly. I'm surprised the guy that was with her didn't just deck the guy but then I'm sure HE'D be the one the officer would decide to finally get involved with...
The officer has been assigned to desk duty and the police office has opened an investigation into how he handled this situation

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/11/6279...igation?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Berkeley Public Schools officially integrated on Sept. 10, 1968. Kamala Harris was born in 1964.
http://revolution.berkeley.edu/projects/public-schools/

View attachment 62430
She isn't wrong or not particularly correct. Berkeley implemented a stepped integration plan to desegregate the schools starting in 1964 that started with 7th, 8th and 9th being desegregated called The Ramsey Plan. Then they set a time table after 3 years of integration review and study at the 7th-9th grades to fully integrate all schools including elementary and high schools starting with the 1968 class.

This means the kids entering their first year of school in 1968 were the first ever class to enter school at a time without segregation. She would have started school in 1969 and been the second fully integrated class starting school in the district.

Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater

John C

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2011
"A" SC justice didn't actually make a big difference in Brown v. Board since it was a unanimous 9 to 0 outcome.

I find it rather amusing that I entered a rural, conservative public school which had been fully integrated prior to Brown v. Board; while liberal Berkeley wasn't fully integrated until at least 14 years after the decision.

Meanwhile, Harvard and its ilk continue to discriminate against Asians. Yes, I know the latter is supposed to end. We'll see.