Tweet of the Day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 26, 2008
Six years ago today Trump tweeted:
Perhaps @BarackObama's biggest shortcoming as President is he failed to unite the country.

I wonder if they know they are admitting President Obama failed to unite the country when they are "owning" Trump

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I had a tooth extracted back in April. It had to be cut out. My wife also had her gallbladder removed the same day, which meant I had to go from the tooth extraction to the hospital to drive my wife home. That meant I couldn't take any narcotics after the extraction because I had to drive. I also couldn't lay down with an ice pack on my face all day like I was supposed to. By the time I finally got home that day I was in a pretty good amount of pain, so I took some pain meds (finally). By bedtime I thought I was going to have a hard time sleeping because of the pain so I took an Ambien. My wife tells me about some of the things I did after taking the Ambien... I don't remember any of it. At one point she took my car keys away from me <yikes!>. I will never take that stuff again.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
I don't get pardoning someone who plead guilty. But you can also look at Obama commuting the sentence of Chelsea Manning who should have been in jail for MUCH longer.
Not everyone who pleads guilty is actually guilty. And none of the stuff in the second tweet had anything to do with the conviction.

Nov 26, 2008
I don't get pardoning someone who plead guilty. But you can also look at Obama commuting the sentence of Chelsea Manning who should have been in jail for MUCH longer.
If you look into the case they were pretty heavy handed with him. Threatening to add charges and lock him up for 5 years.

Like the last post said, not everyone who pleads guilty is guilty, sometimes it's a risk/reward scenario.
Say you were in a scenario
Option A:
Plead guilty to a charge (possibly a lesser one)
Serve no or a reduced jail term
Pay a smaller fine
End you lawyer fees

or

Option B:
Go to trial on that charge (possibly greater or more charges too)
Run the risk, however small it maybe, of ending up in jail or serving more time than you were going to
Pay a larger fine
Add to you lawyer fees however long the trial is

You can't tell me 100% of the time you'd take A

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
If you look into the case they were pretty heavy handed with him.
"They" being the Obama justice department. The Obama administration used the IRS to squelch conservative groups, allowed HRC to walk for things that others have gone to prison for (and worse), and spied on a rival candidate.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
"They" being the Obama justice department. The Obama administration used the IRS to squelch conservative groups, allowed HRC to walk for things that others have gone to prison for (and worse), and spied on a rival candidate.
Read this again it's even more interesting after more facts have come to light. Who was the professor? Does it matter, both professors in London appear to be informants infiltrating the campaign. Still waiting for absolute proof on the second but all signs point to him being an informant.

https://www.scribd.com/document/363014610/Statement-of-the-Offense-Papadopoulos#from_embed