TV/Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

MT Cowboy

'S Go
A/V Subscriber
Sep 28, 2013
CO
Is the Frisco Tournament this weekend on Television?
Streaming in Flo Live. Havent dug enough to know if theres a free trial or some backdoor way to watch without paying for a subscription. If not I'm tempted to pay the cost of a single month cause theres some big games this weekend.

May 26, 2012
Apparently none of our games will be on tv. Because college baseball needs all the viewers they can get, I guess they thought it would be a good idea to take it off cable tv and put it on streaming services so there will be even less people watching.

rfaOSU

Greenhorn
Jun 25, 2011
I was expecting ESPN+ to televise this excellent series. I may cancel my subscription; this event is worth showing. Crap!!

Aug 7, 2006
ESPN covered it in 2017 before ESPN+ existed. I would have hoped with the addition of ESPN+ there would be even more baseball coverage on ESPNxyz, not less. I get his point.

And I have ESPN+.
Would assume Flo paid for the rights to this weekend, since it's an independent event. They're hungry for more content to show, ESPN has too much of it... probably the difference.

Sep 6, 2014
ESPN covered it in 2017 before ESPN+ existed. I would have hoped with the addition of ESPN+ there would be even more baseball coverage on ESPNxyz, not less. I get his point.

And I have ESPN+.
I couldn't disagree more. As someone who lives out of state you could count the amount of OSU baseball games on ESPN per year on one hand, so I could NEVER watch the games. With ESPN+ almost every game has been televised and I can actually follow the team. I may be in the minority but I LOVE the Big 12 Now on ESPN +

MT Cowboy

'S Go
A/V Subscriber
Sep 28, 2013
CO

And I have ESPN+.
I couldn't disagree more. As someone who lives out of state you could count the amount of OSU baseball games on ESPN per year on one hand, so I could NEVER watch the games. With ESPN+ almost every game has been televised and I can actually follow the team. I may be in the minority but I LOVE the Big 12 Now on ESPN +
I liked what it was up through last season more than espn+. Fox College Sports televised a large majority of our games last season and most anything that wasnt covered by them was on the OSU Athletics youtube live stream. This season, if it's not on ESPN, you ain't watching it, period. Like game 2 against UALR.

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
Considering I'll be spending the next few days recovering from the ol snip snip the $12 to watch this weekend's games might be worth it, even if Flo sucks. At least its something.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
I think you took my post out of context which was talking about the Frisco Classic. I pointed out that ESPN covered it 3 years ago, has since added ESPN+, and yet dropped the tournament this year for some reason. We weren't in it for 2018 or 2019 so I don't know when ESPN dropped out though. Generally speaking there may be more baseball viewing options now but you'd think the Frisco Classic would be a big one for ESPN, not Flo.

Aug 7, 2006
I liked what it was up through last season more than espn+. Fox College Sports televised a large majority of our games last season and most anything that wasnt covered by them was on the OSU Athletics youtube live stream. This season, if it's not on ESPN, you ain't watching it, period. Like game 2 against UALR.
You wouldn't have been able to watch the UALR game even if they were using the same setup as last year.

MT Cowboy

'S Go
A/V Subscriber
Sep 28, 2013
CO
You wouldn't have been able to watch the UALR game even if they were using the same setup as last year.
Why so? What was preventing a live stream on Wednesday?

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
The FoX RegionalNetowrks (FoxOK and FoxSW) have been dropped from YouTube in a contractural dispute. Cost is sports is going to go up with less and less access

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk