Tulsa Post Game Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
https://twitter.com/Gopokesvoice/status/1307415473223536640?s=19

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Something I haven't seen anything on, if Illingworth was quarantined, doesn't it seem pretty likely that other QBs were quarantined and Gundy just didn't say anything? Don't they practice and hang out together? Even with Sanders, things seemed off and slow, even relative to last year.

46POKES

Greenhorn
Nov 28, 2008
You must be old, like me.
Not THAT old.
When you're getting a daily flood of mail marketing cremation and burial plans, you're looking at vultures sitting on a dead tree branch just waiting for you to die. Now, that's old.
Oh, BTW -- I've narrowed it down to cremation or being crushed inside and old Chrysler at an auto recycling center.
Any advice? Anyone? (crickets)
Preach it brother!!! Preach it!!!

Sent from my LGL423DL using Tapatalk

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Spelling trash talk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been putting the S in there in my head since I saw him take the field. I guess he's going to fall into my Kyle Stanley catagory along with some others I can't think of right now.

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
Something I haven't seen anything on, if Illingworth was quarantined, doesn't it seem pretty likely that other QBs were quarantined and Gundy just didn't say anything? Don't they practice and hang out together? Even with Sanders, things seemed off and slow, even relative to last year.
I think they do the best they can to keep them separated while following protocol, so if one QB gets quarantined someone will still be available to play

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I think they do the best they can to keep them separated while following protocol, so if one QB gets quarantined someone will still be available to play
It was contact tracing. He could have come in contact with someone outside of football. Maybe a family member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Tulsa’s defense is hot garbage, maybe 1 player that would start on a p5 team.
this decision was made from Illingworth missing a ton of practice
I agree Sanders will continue to get hurt but he is still the better QB, and we need an athlete back there with our current OL situation
Tulsa has a guy on their d line that will play in the league. PJ was singing his praises on friday. Meanwhile we have an offense with a diva Rb who hopefully gets his head on straight and realized he’s going to hurt his stock substantial if he doesn’t bring it and is too afraid of getting hurt...otherwise he should have left for the league last year. Illingworth is the future...he’s going to have to play now because Spencer who is also a very very good athletic QB, is going to have to sit till he heals. We need BOTH guys healthy.
It’s pretty clear to me that Gundy doesn’t make great first time QB decisions because of the philosophical way we thud practice. Even when we go “full”
Speed we are “thud” on or starting skill guys...this causes both the Chuba you saw on Saturday and the Sanders you saw. It does prevent injury IN PRACTICE but it doesn’t enable you to find gamers. Gamers play in games...we have no games in practice. We saw a gamer in Illingworth...BTW anyone who looks at all three of these QBs standing side by side instantly knows the right one at least for our future. It’s just a physical fact...that doesn’t mean he’s the right one right now to lead us to a championship, that SHOULD be Spenser.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I remember when he signed and I looked at that class . For reasons I can’t explain, I remember thinking he was going to play early and have an impact. No idea what I saw in him, and I’m far from a talent scout, but I nailed that one.
Dude he’s 6-6 230, threw only 2 or 3 pics all year his senior year and completed 65%. He’s a four star for a reason and not a five god knows? Go watch his high school highlights. IF you couldn’t see that you are blind...go ahead though and give it up to yourself. Lol

I was screaming at the staff to put him in the entire third quarter...the place erupted when we did! Most of them knew.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Dude he’s 6-6 230, threw only 2 or 3 pics all year his senior year and completed 65%. He’s a four star for a reason and not a five god knows? Go watch his high school highlights. IF you couldn’t see that you are blind...go ahead though and give it up to yourself. Lol

I was screaming at the staff to put him in the entire third quarter...the place erupted when we did! Most of them knew.
Pretty sure Austin was talking about Malcolm in that post.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Tulsa has a guy on their d line that will play in the league. PJ was singing his praises on friday. Meanwhile we have an offense with a diva Rb who hopefully gets his head on straight and realized he’s going to hurt his stock substantial if he doesn’t bring it and is too afraid of getting hurt...otherwise he should have left for the league last year. Illingworth is the future...he’s going to have to play now because Spencer who is also a very very good athletic QB, is going to have to sit till he heals. We need BOTH guys healthy.
It’s pretty clear to me that Gundy doesn’t make great first time QB decisions because of the philosophical way we thud practice. Even when we go “full”
Speed we are “thud” on or starting skill guys...this causes both the Chuba you saw on Saturday and the Sanders you saw. It does prevent injury IN PRACTICE but it doesn’t enable you to find gamers. Gamers play in games...we have no games in practice. We saw a gamer in Illingworth...BTW anyone who looks at all three of these QBs standing side by side instantly knows the right one at least for our future. It’s just a physical fact...that doesn’t mean he’s the right one right now to lead us to a championship, that SHOULD be Spenser.
TU has no one on the DL that will be in the NFL. WVU next week has 2-3 legit NFL prospects staring with the Stills brothers. This OL simply got punked by a bunch of average guys....which is a concern I had personally going into the season. TU does have a couple NFL guys on defense in LB Zaven Collins, who wrecked shopped until he left the game in the 3rd with cramps and their starting CB Artie Green IV, who was giving Tylan Wallace the business most of the game til the 4th quarter.

In terms of Chuba, dude is allowed to have a subpar game, and there was a time to do it, it would be against TU. OL play didn't help his causes, and he seemed to struggle reading his blocks...it happens... After all, he did put last year's sorry ass team on his back.

Worried about Sanders....kids been injury prone going back to HS...so it's imperative to be prepared to play two QB's. Sanders playing style will likely lead to injuries. Kid doesn't know how to take care of himself. Sanders plays fearless, but with recklessness and it's not going to change. A high ankle sprain is likely going to linger the rest of the season even if he returns.

The OL is the biggest takeaway for me....losing Galloway, Bray, and even Farrell is more devastating than folks realize. Right now, we don't have the OL to win a championship, but hopefully they can become serviceable at some point. We don't have a bye week to fix the issues on the OL and with WVU coming in with possibly the best DL in the conference....We're in deep trouble.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
TU has no one on the DL that will be in the NFL. WVU next week has 2-3 legit NFL prospects staring with the Stills brothers. This OL simply got punked by a bunch of average guys....which is a concern I had personally going into the season. TU does have a couple NFL guys on defense in LB Zaven Collins, who wrecked shopped until he left the game in the 3rd with cramps and their starting CB Artie Green IV, who was giving Tylan Wallace the business most of the game til the 4th quarter.

In terms of Chuba, dude is allowed to have a subpar game, and there was a time to do it, it would be against TU. OL play didn't help his causes, and he seemed to struggle reading his blocks...it happens... After all, he did put last year's sorry ass team on his back.

Worried about Sanders....kids been injury prone going back to HS...so it's imperative to be prepared to play two QB's. Sanders playing style will likely lead to injuries. Kid doesn't know how to take care of himself. Sanders plays fearless, but with recklessness and it's not going to change. A high ankle sprain is likely going to linger the rest of the season even if he returns.

The OL is the biggest takeaway for me....losing Galloway, Bray, and even Farrell is more devastating than folks realize. Right now, we don't have the OL to win a championship, but hopefully they can become serviceable at some point. We don't have a bye week to fix the issues on the OL and with WVU coming in with possibly the best DL in the conference....We're in deep trouble.
Their DE is going to very likely be drafted. Both of their starting linebackers are projected as late round picks. They also have a Db who is a possible draftee as well as a safety and a few others. Their second year starting QB transfer from Baylor is also a good QB who makes very few mistakes. This wasn’t Missouri State or Eastern Kentucky. They led us at half last year also and we had to struggle to win in Tulsa. Very similar games...I attended both of them in person. Pretty plain to see even after last week we overlooked them because we have some divas on our team that are enjoying the espn spotlight and reading their press clippings

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Their DE is going to very likely be drafted. Both of their starting linebackers are projected as late round picks.
False, Cullen Wick and Tyraise Stevenson aren't NFL prospects....hell they aren't on NFL radars...Zaven Collins on the other hand, is their best player on defense and could play in the SEC. They did have a DE last year drafted in Trevis Gipson who played DE. No one on that DL was Big XII caliber

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Seems like OL would be serviceable with:

Hunter-Sills-Williams-Schynder-Jenkins
Hunter was getting dog whipped before getting hurt. Willams struggled as well. That group doesn't scream serviceable. Maybe down the line....but right now we're hurting. Hunter Anthony at LT would be a tragic mistake lmao