Tulsa Post Game Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Like there should be a game thread on a discussion board.

Once again, utterly baffling what our coaching staff saw in the QB pecking order. I guess I get it, first game & Illingworth is a freshman & all, but good god, what a drop-off for 2 quarters @QB. Granted, the play calling did him no favors & our OL got beat by 3 man fronts mutiple times.

FG kicker looks to be a positive.

Defense won the game, along with Tulsa's absolutely abysmal penalties.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I remembered as this game was under way that Tulsa played hack a shack D against Wallace last year. They were okay putting it in the hands of the ref. They started it again this year but we had a young QB who was afraid to take what they were offering.

Oct 30, 2007
Random thoughts:
1. Cate/Weeden, Garman/Rudolph, Bullock/Illingsworth. Coach Gundy will never change. :D
2. The game ball goes to Coach Knowles and the defense. They were awesome.
3. The offense line needs a lot of work.
4. Sanders has to learn to avoid hits if he wants to stay on the field.
5. Alex Hale looked good.

Is our defense going to be better than our offense this season?

Nov 14, 2010
Iowa State and Kansas State would love to have won 16-7 last week. Having said that......
That offense was pitiful
Inside Zone
Outside Zone
Bubble screen
10 yard out
Fade
0 use of a 6'8" Tight End

Geezus......Same 'ole stuff

I may have been wrong...

I did not think Dunn would get infiltrated, but Its hard not to think he has been compromised after that performance

Apr 7, 2006
Illingsworth didn't play because he had been held out of a number of practices as a result of COVID protocol. He missed at least a week and had about 10 snaps in the last week according to Dave, John and Robert.

The minute Sanders was shaken up (before he went to the training room) they said Illingsworth wouldn't be available today as a result of the practices missed.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Illingsworth missed 7-10 days of practice due to contact tracing.....Bullock was the back-up by default. Ethan is a poor mans version of Dru Brown...neither are P5 quarterbacks and don't belong on the field. However long Sanders is out, and if Shane has it rolling....leave him in. Sanders hasn't shown anything that suggest he's "the guy"

Oct 30, 2007
Random thoughts:
1. Cate/Weeden, Garman/Rudolph, Bullock/Illingsworth. Coach Gundy will never change. :D
2. The game ball goes to Coach Knowles and the defense. They were awesome.
3. The offense line needs a lot of work.
4. Sanders has to learn to avoid hits if he wants to stay on the field.
5. Alex Hale looked good.

Is our defense going to be better than our offense this season?
Spencer should be the number 2 now ................. but Gundy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 25, 2011
Illingsworth didn't play because he had been held out of a number of practices as a result of COVID protocol. He missed at least a week and had about 10 snaps in the last week according to Dave, John and Robert
That would be the only reasonable explanation why they didn’t go to him first. Any other reasoning would look ridiculous based on the eye test and results today.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I remembered as this game was under way that Tulsa played hack a shack D against Wallace last year. They were okay putting it in the hands of the ref. They started it again this year but we had a young QB who was afraid to take what they were offering.
The no holding call when the guy rode Wallace out of bounds was simply inexplicable, like the rules official on the broadcast said. How does the line judge watch that close enough to throw his hat down when Wallace goes out of bounds, but not see the holding that caused it????

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Like there should be a game thread on a discussion board.

Once again, utterly baffling what our coaching staff saw in the QB pecking order. I guess I get it, first game & Illingworth is a freshman & all, but good god, what a drop-off for 2 quarters @QB. Granted, the play calling did him no favors & our OL got beat by 3 man fronts mutiple times.

FG kicker looks to be a positive.

Defense won the game, along with Tulsa's absolutely abysmal penalties.
Yeah this sucks. We still have people posting over there on the chat room thing. So you lose a lot of different takes unless you want to switch back and forth between 2 different places. This all sucks. Especially being forced to do it.