Tulsa / OKC / KC Ad Agencies and Interactive Scene?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

PokealypseNow

You Can Dere-Lick My Footballs, Cap-E-Tan
Oct 15, 2008
New to KCMO
WillPhillips.org
I'm strongly considering a move back to the area to be closer to family in the Tulsa area on account of my dad's failing health. But I moved to Portland eight years ago shortly after I graduated from OSU and don't have much in the way of local contacts or local industry knowledge.

I'm a UX designer / information architect, and I'm concerned there may not be much opportunity for this type of work back home. But, I know the whole state's been growing since I left and KC has really been growing on that front particularly, so perhaps my assumptions are outdated. Or, at least I hope!

Are there any folks from OP working in the interactive space or at any ad agencies with a digital/interactive focus (or know someone who is) in OKC, Tulsa, or Kansas City?

If so, what's the lay of the land? Anyone I should reach out to?

I'd love to chat with you and buy you a drink next time I'm back in the area.

If you're curious, feel free to check out my portfolio or connect with me on LinkedIn.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
not exactly in the "interactive space"...

but google makes it appear that there are lots of opportunities for folks with your skill set.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/15753442

or this...

Hampton Creative (41st and Harvard area)

I WANT TO WORK @ HC
We are always searching for talent. If you think you've got the right stuff and are interested in joining our team, send us your resume, and if applicable, samples of your work. We believe you're out there. We've seen your massive footprints. And this.
http://hamptoncreative.com/agency/

PokealypseNow

You Can Dere-Lick My Footballs, Cap-E-Tan
Oct 15, 2008
New to KCMO
WillPhillips.org
Just as an update for the handful of folks who have reached out to me the past couple of weeks, I've accepted a senior UX role at KC agency 40 Digits. It should be nice to be closer to home (and to Stilly come football season) than Portland was.

PokesPeak

scentless apprentice
Aug 21, 2009
OKC
Just as an update for the handful of folks who have reached out to me the past couple of weeks, I've accepted a senior UX role at KC agency 40 Digits. It should be nice to be closer to home (and to Stilly come football season) than Portland was.
congrats. kc is a pretty decent place to live.

RedRoss

Joe Rugby
A/V Subscriber
Jun 10, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
Congrats. KC obviously not as “weird” as Portland but it seems pretty nice. :thumbup: