Tulsa County Property Tax question

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SiggyPoke

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2003
Tulsa
Does anyone look at the itemized section on their property tax invoice showing where the tax money goes to? If so, can anyone explain why both Tulsa Community College and Tulsa Technology Center are among the entities receiving tax dollars when they charge actual money to attend classes at their institutions?

Sep 8, 2013
I believe Tulsa County residents can attend up to an Associate's Degree worth of hours for free. Students are only required to pay for books and perform 40 hrs of volunteer work in order to receive the credit hours.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
I believe Tulsa County residents can attend up to an Associate's Degree worth of hours for free. Students are only required to pay for books and perform 40 hrs of volunteer work in order to receive the credit hours.
Only under certain conditions. Had to graduate HS with a certain GPA enroll in the fall after HS graduation etc.

Aug 16, 2012
Dude, it is that way just about everywhere. I pull appraisal records all over the country and while I ignore the tax/levy portions as they are not relevant to my work, I would venture to say easily 99% of the ones in a municipality/tax district with higher education has mil-levies for said higher education. I pay a levy of 0.08122 of assessed home value for the local JC and if I wanted to take a class, I would have to pay for it. But that is nothing as I pay over $6k per year for the local public school district and I have never had a kid in it. I jokingly tell the daughter of our good friends to take two of everything but on a serious note, it is one of the preeminent reasons we are putting our house up for sale. Collin County and Prosper in particular are costing me close to $10k a year in BS taxes.