Trump to get second SCOTUS pick

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
Just imagine if HRC would've won the election. :eek: The course of our nation would've been changed forever.

I've been really impressed by Gorsuch. Hopefully Trump will find someone very similar to replace Kennedy.

Rack

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I'm hopeful that we can get another conservative on the court. Kennedy proved to be an independent thinker which I also think that is important, even if I disagreed with some of those stances. Being a Judge requires one to be impartial and make judgements based on the facts and the constitution. I'm hopeful the selection doesn't cause more division, but I'm sure it will...always seems too.

May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I'm hopeful that we can get another conservative on the court. Kennedy proved to be an independent thinker which I also think that is important, even if I disagreed with some of those stances. Being a Judge requires one to be impartial and make judgements based on the facts and the constitution. I'm hopeful the selection doesn't cause more division, but I'm sure it will...always seems too.
Unfortunately, that is not what conservative/liberals want. Anybody who in celebrating without caution is celebrating a little pre-maturely. Part of the great thing about this country is balance and free thinking. Without the right person in this seat, the balance could shift from a moderate right, to an extreme right very quickly and you never want to be on any extreme.

The effect might snowball quickly as conservative states push these legal battles through the state supreme courts quickly cause it is going to be a slam dunk in the Supreme Court.

I will admit that I would want a more progressive Judge, but the extreme shift in balance is kind of scary.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Unfortunately, that is not what conservative/liberals want. Anybody who in celebrating without caution is celebrating a little pre-maturely. Part of the great thing about this country is balance and free thinking. Without the right person in this seat, the balance could shift from a moderate right, to an extreme right very quickly and you never want to be on any extreme.

The effect might snowball quickly as conservative states push these legal battles through the state supreme courts quickly cause it is going to be a slam dunk in the Supreme Court.

I will admit that I would want a more progressive Judge, but the extreme shift in balance is kind of scary.
Won't happen. An appointee could help the court swing to the left... more progressive... more liberal... but NEVER more conservative than just a moderate right... kinda like right now.

They just need to stick to the constitution and the law. Which, as of late, the decisions have been doing a bang up job of that!

Oct 7, 2008
It'll be interesting to see if Dems try to pull a McConnell and delay the nomination. Seeing a lot of calls for it already. Not saying it'd be a good thing, but you reap what you sow I suppose.
https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/1012035439803461634

May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Won't happen. An appointee could help the court swing to the left... more progressive... more liberal... but NEVER more conservative than just a moderate right... kinda like right now.

They just need to stick to the constitution and the law. Which, as of late, the decisions have been doing a bang up job of that!
I don't get this part... NEVER is a kind of a strong word to use in life.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
It'll be interesting to see if Dems try to pull a McConnell and delay the nomination. Seeing a lot of calls for it already. Not saying it'd be a good thing, but you reap what you sow I suppose.
https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/1012035439803461634
Is Trump up for a midterm re-election none of us know about??