Trump selects Brett Kavanaugh for Supreme Court

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Taxes are less for the working American, and the liberals are PO'd about it.

There are more jobs available than there are unemployed. Liberals can't stand it!

The economy is growing, liberals can't stand it.

Minority unemployment is at record low levels. Liberals want more unemployed minorities on welfare.

Trump is working to secure our borders, liberals want to let anyone pass through unverified.

Trump wants NATO members to pay their fair share. Liberals want to raise taxes on working Americans to pay their share.

Trump is working to de-nuclearize North Korea, Liberals hopes he fails.

Liberals, great Americans, huh?

Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Despite what you may believe, neither conservative republicans, nor moderate Republicans, nor far right radical social conservative christian fundamentalists want to bring back segregated schools. Your argument loses credibility to even suggest such a thing.

Roe v Wade being overturned would not make abortion illegal, it would simply give the control back to states to decide one way or the other, in other words, just what the constitution intended. Yes, it would eventually be made illegal in some states but not in others.....it would still be available to everybody, some might just have to drive a little to get there, yes not ideal for those that want it but not impossible either. And while I understand those on the left are opposed to this, I as someone who was put up for adoption before Roe v Wade was the law, am not. Even so, I highly doubt this will happen.....I always hear it as a big scare tactic from the left but I've never seen any momentum to even start such a campaign.

The issue that you should have seized on, and which I would have agreed with you on, is gay marriage. Kennedy being a moderate was the swing vote when that issue was recently voted on and I can certainly see a push from the GOP to overturn this and I think that would be not only wrong, but also a HUGE mistake that would cost the party at the polls. I admit the system is not perfect.....but if I have to choose between a justice who wrongly votes against gay marriage and a justice who wrongly votes against the 2nd amendment, I'll hold my nose and take the former every day of the week while continuing to fight for a society in which both are upheld.
If not segregation then separation between rich and poor. Devos will see to it that more and more of public school monies are siphoned away from them and into the hands of those that can afford private schooling. What could the next step be?
Abortion is not funded with one cent of federal funding, that's fine but not enough apparently, this is about women's health. Love it or hate it Planned Parenthood provides women with much needed medical care and I firmly believe the damned government predominantly ruled by men should stay the hell out of their healthcare decisions. I can see Oklahoma having no Planned Parenthood at all. Drive your sorry sinful asses to a libtard state bitch! I'd like to see women, men, and even gays allowed to prosper without the constant government knows best. They rarely do. Sadly, if we took away all civil liberties but the 2nd amendment some fools would be for it. And I'm a gun owner by the way. One topic voters are the bane of civil progress imo but the end justifies the means! I get it! That's your dog whistle.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
The amount of pressure from the constituents Congressional members would get if SCOTUS did overturn it. They would much rather cave and impeach a SCOTUS member then get voted out
That's pure political, and if it were to come to pass we would have lost our checks and balances for such an action. We would no longer be America.

Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Taxes are less for the working American, and the liberals are PO'd about it.

There are more jobs available than there are unemployed. Liberals can't stand it!

The economy is growing, liberals can't stand it.

Minority unemployment is at record low levels. Liberals want more unemployed minorities on welfare.

Trump is working to secure our borders, liberals want to let anyone pass through unverified.

Trump wants NATO members to pay their fair share. Liberals want to raise taxes on working Americans to pay their share.

Trump is working to de-nuclearize North Korea, Liberals hopes he fails.

Liberals, great Americans, huh?
You'd really like to believe that because I disagree with you on most things that I'm less of an American than you. But our flags are flying in the front yard still. And just because I don't hail Trump as lord and country saver doesn't make me wish for our country's failure. Good grief!

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
You'd really like to believe that because I disagree with you on most things that I'm less of an American than you. But our flags are flying in the front yard still. And just because I don't hail Trump as lord and country saver doesn't make me wish for our country's failure. Good grief!
Did you believe Obama when he called Bush un-American?

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
No, but living constantly in the past doesn't help your argument only whataboutism
We here in America don't convict people or put people on trial for crimes that have not been committed. The only crimes we prosecute are those that happened in the past.

Are you suggesting we ignore crimes that have happened in the past simply because they were able to cover for them through apppointed government officials?

Sep 13, 2013
Left field
We here in America don't convict people or put people on trial for crimes that have not been committed. The only crimes we prosecute are those that happened in the past.

Are you suggesting we ignore crimes that have happened in the past simply because they were able to cover for them through apppointed government officials?
You just said.....
Rofl you convict Obama and Clinton by the minute, but call fowl at an angry word toward you and yours. Thin skinned much? Hide and watch the upcoming coverup.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Rofl you convict Obama and Clinton by the minute, but call fowl at an angry word toward you and yours. Thin skinned much? Hide and watch the upcoming coverup.
Don't know if there was a crime or not, We do know though that the AG was held in contempt of Congress for not turning over documents. You know, the most transparent administration eveeeeerrr!!!!