Trump/Putin Debacle

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Forget the tweets, etc.

What in regards to policy under Trump do you disagree with and why?

The Tax Cut?

Rolling back parts of ObamaCare?

How he has handled Iran?

Bringing North Korea to the negotiation stage?

Bringing China to the negotiating stage for unfair trade practices?

Calling out NATO for not paying their fair share?

Standing up to Russia and bombing Syria?

Shutting down ISIS?

Rolling back rules and regulations that was killing American business?

Wanting to secure US borders?

Bringing NAFTA back to the table for unfair trade practices?

Unemployment to the point we have more jobs available than unemployed? Hasn't been there in what 50 years?

New interest in business expansion in the US.

Lowest levels of unemployed minorities in our history.

And if all of those were so easy why hasn't anyone accomplished a list like that in the last 30-40 years or longer? Remember, Obama asked if he had a magic wand because those things just weren't possible.
I almost responded to you the other day when you posted this...but I guess now I have to

The Tax Cut?......Yet signs a spending bill even higher than Obama's..he even increased some dept budgets who were asking him to cut it!...couple that with a huge tax cut and it isn't sustainable. Trump has created long term faliure

Rolling back parts of ObamaCare? Yet more American's signed up for it this year than last year and is actively trying to roll back the very few actual good parts of Obamacare. Why take out the things that a consensuses of Americans can actually use and want?...oh..cause Obama

How he has handled Iran? Said just today that Iran isn't the same country it was 5 months ago and that a new Iran deal is possible. Iran didn't change in 5 months

Bringing North Korea to the negotiation stage? What Negotiations? What has been signed that has led to any actions? The last meeting Pompeo with NK they called the US gangsters....today Pompeo accused NK of hiding Nuke Facilities and enriching uranium

Bringing China to the negotiating stage for unfair trade practices? Negotiating? You mean a Trade War. The only thing being negotiated his how high and what products the next tariffs are going to be on

Calling out NATO for not paying their fair share? And in the process called the EU an American Foe

Standing up to Russia and bombing Syria? ah yes....Trump has already declared mission accomplished in Syria...I forgot that was over....yet Putin said today that he and Trump struck a deal to work together in Syria

Shutting down ISIS? This is a great spot for Trump...he cleared the military red tape and let them do their job. Kudos

Rolling back rules and regulations that was killing American business? He gave them a tax break and then passed a spending bill that is unrealistic that will harm them. Openly targets American business via Twitter constantly and threatens them with taxes and tariffs. Free Trade?

Wanting to secure US borders? Yet sends the National Guard to the border and severely restricts what they can do to the point the Border Patrol Union Chief (a trump supporter) called it a colossal waste of resources. Wanting to secure the border and doing something productive about it haven't even come close in Trumps presidency

Bringing NAFTA back to the table for unfair trade practices? Yet Trump decided to Table NAFTA talks until after the election....wonder why?

Unemployment to the point we have more jobs available than unemployed? Hasn't been there in what 50 years? Yet wages aren't rising. Why? When you have more jobs than people you need to increase wages...but that isn't happening.

New interest in business expansion in the US. And many US business declaring they have to move over seas due to the Tariffs and trade war. Check GE stock on appliances....down 15% since tariffs implemented and today blamed the steel tariffs for it

Lowest levels of unemployed minorities in our history. Great achievement by Trump.

Last edited:

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
I almost responded to you the other day when you posted this...but I guess now I have to

The Tax Cut?......Yet signs a spending bill even higher than Obama's..he even increased some dept budgets who were asking him to cut it!...couple that with a huge tax cut and it isn't sustainable. Trump has created long term faliure

Rolling back parts of ObamaCare? Yet more American's signed up for it this year than last year and is actively trying to roll back the very few actual good parts of Obamacare. Why take out the things that a consensuses of Americans can actually use and want?...oh..cause Obama

How he has handled Iran? Said just today that Iran isn't the same country it was 5 months ago and that a new Iran deal is possible. Iran didn't change in 5 months

Bringing North Korea to the negotiation stage? What Negotiations? What has been signed that has led to any actions? The last meeting Pompeo with NK they called the US gangsters....today Pompeo accused NK of hiding Nuke Facilities and enriching uranium

Bringing China to the negotiating stage for unfair trade practices? Negotiating? You mean a Trade War. The only thing being negotiated his how high and what products the next tariffs are going to be on

Calling out NATO for not paying their fair share? And in the process called the EU an American Foe

Standing up to Russia and bombing Syria? ah yes....Trump has already declared mission accomplished in Syria...I forgot that was over....yet Putin said today that he and Trump struck a deal to work together in Syria

Shutting down ISIS? This is a great spot for Trump...he cleared the military red tape and let them do their job. Kudos

Rolling back rules and regulations that was killing American business? He gave them a tax break and then passed a spending bill that is unrealistic that will harm them. Openly targets American business via Twitter constantly and threatens them with taxes and tariffs. Free Trade?

Wanting to secure US borders? Yet sends the National Guard to the border and severely restricts what they can do to the point the Border Patrol Union Chief (a trump supporter) called it a colossal waste of resources. Wanting to secure the border and doing something productive about it haven't even come close in Trumps presidency

Bringing NAFTA back to the table for unfair trade practices? Yet Trump decided to Table NAFTA talks until after the election....wonder why?

Unemployment to the point we have more jobs available than unemployed? Hasn't been there in what 50 years? Yet wages aren't rising. Why? When you have more jobs than people you need to increase wages...but that isn't happening.

New interest in business expansion in the US. And many US business declaring they have to move over seas due to the Tariffs and trade war. Check GE stock on appliances....down 15% since tariffs implemented and today blamed the steel tariffs for it

Lowest levels of unemployed minorities in our history. Great achievement by Trump.
Several of your responses are let's wait and see, fair enough. However, those things weren't even in the works under previous administrations going back a few.

Iran, he canceled the horrid deal made with them and is starting over. The right move.

And there is this....

Capture 21.PNG

"average hourly earnings rose a more-than-expected 2.9 percent from a year earlier, the most since June 2009."

Attachments

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Several of your responses are let's wait and see, fair enough. However, those things weren't even in the works under previous administrations going back a few.

Iran, he canceled the horrid deal made with them and is starting over. The right move.

And there is this....

View attachment 62538

"average hourly earnings rose a more-than-expected 2.9 percent from a year earlier, the most since June 2009."
I'm honestly rooting for Trump to do well. Somethings are very positive or could be positive from his presidency and if he would shut the hell up and let go of his damn ego and the election results it would be infinitely better right now...but we all know that he won't and he can not. He can not and will not get out of his own way to let the American economy work without causing chaos or distractions on a daily basis.

I think we would be in a MUCH better position with Pence in office right now running the ship where it is. Let Trump has his 4 years and then replace him with Pence. I think we would all be better that way

May 8, 2009
Germantown, TN
From the article:
"Joe Biden said Tuesday that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell stopped the Obama administration from speaking out about Russian interference in the 2016 campaign by refusing to sign on to a bipartisan statement of condemnation."

I did not read McConnell stopped Obama from acting on Russian interference. And frankly, I have no ability to understand a "bipartisan statement of condemnation". What the hell good is something like that. Can't imagine that big zero would embarrass himself after telling Trump to quit whining about something that wasn't even possible...

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/19/us/politics/obama-donald-trump-election.html

By Mark Landler and Ashley Parker
  • Oct. 18, 2016
WASHINGTON — President Obama ridiculed Donald J. Trump on Tuesday for saying that the presidential election was rigged against him, telling Mr. Trump, the Republican nominee, to “stop whining and go try to make his case” to win more votes than Hillary Clinton.

At a news conference in the White House Rose Garden, Mr. Obama said, “I have never seen in my lifetime, or in modern political history, any presidential candidate trying to discredit the elections and the election process before votes have even taken place.”

By turns mocking and grave, Mr. Obama said the claims demonstrated that Mr. Trump lacked the leadership or toughness to be president. But he warned that the charges, which Mr. Trump repeated to cheers at a rally in Colorado later in the day, would undermine the nation’s purest expression of democracy, a popular vote respected by the vanquished as well as the victors.

His sharp words reflected rising concerns among Democratic and Republican leaders that Mr. Trump’s drumbeat of accusations was resonating with his supporters. Many worry that if Mrs. Clinton wins and Mr. Trump refuses to accept the result, his stand will undermine her authority going into office and sow doubts about the legitimacy of the process.

Mrs. Clinton was off the campaign trail on Tuesday, preparing for her final debate with Mr. Trump on Wednesday, so it fell to Mr. Obama to rebut Mr. Trump’s assertions. The president did so with obvious relish.

There is no evidence, he said, that a presidential election has ever been rigged. He said there was little indication that it could be, given that elections are run by state and local authorities, with people from both parties supervising polling sites and ballot counting.

“The notion that somehow if Mr. Trump loses Florida, it is because of those people that you have to watch out for,” he said, his voice thick with sarcasm. “That is both irresponsible and, by the way, doesn’t really show the kind of leadership and toughness that you want out of a president.”

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
I always find this forum fascinating as it is really the only place I see unedited responses from Trump supporters. And in this one thread alone I've seen.

The media lies.
The us intelligence agencies lie.
The GOP establishment lies.
Obama did this.
Hillary would have done it or was doing it.
Obama did much worse.
Trump is playing a complex game of geopolitical chess and winning.
There is no evidence to suggest Russian Meddling anyway.

It really is astonishing. When Trump said he could kill someone in Time Square and not lose his base, I thought it was crazy. Now I beleive it 100%.

His ability to isolate his supporters from any contrarian viewpoint is truly masterful. And the fact they are unable to see the manipulation is even more amazing. I can't wait to read the studies that come out of this time of madness. This is how you get the Nazi regime, Waco, TX, and Jonestown. Absolute submission of logic and reasonable thinking.
That is a very cute post... you just called out people for things that YOU don't like, then you proceeded to do exactly what you were complaining that the others were doing...

yes, it is truly fascinating ... the haters are going to hate, no matter what. Evidence? Not required. Facts? Only for the non-haters. Contrarian viewpoint? That's everybody else's view but the view that you like, apparently. Manipulation? Nope, not you, you're so much smarter than the multitudes of people that elected that President that they wanted, no way you could ever be manipulated - it must be them. Nazi's, Cultists, lemmings... and ever other hateful term you can conjure up for the basket of deplorables.

a simple denial of the points you listed is not a compelling argument that any of them are false. You provided no factual evidence, nor any coherent narrative as to why you have that contrarian view.

Seriously... that's what you're going to post? A string of did too, did not, sentences?

A high-horse rant about why you're superior. That's it? Honestly?

Oct 30, 2007
Trump gives statements today on his Helsinki debacle

Says that he accepts US Intel conclusion that Russia meddling in election did take place.

Said that he meant to say that "he saw no reason why it would not be Russia that interfered in elections" but said he mispoke
:lol: Just an innocent mistake. Nothing to see here.....

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
How is before the meeting tweeting out that Americans were Stupid and Foolish...and then at the meeting in front of the world disputing his own intel community...and then 24 hrs walking it back saying he misspoke

Asking for Russia help on Geo Political issues?

Please detail me exactly what Trump asked Russia for yesterday geo-politically speaking
Syria

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
That is a very cute post... you just called out people for things that YOU don't like, then you proceeded to do exactly what you were complaining that the others were doing...
That's the classic "stop calling names you $@#^@#"! (insert your own favorite derogatory name)

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal

WTH? Huge Obama deficits were sustainable? You don't seem to understand REVENUE. You can let people keep more of their own money, and still increase tax in-take, by having MORE WORKERS, enabling the wealthy to move money from their tax shelters and put it back into the economy, and expanding the economy where corporations pay more because THEY MAKE MORE. You have no evidence of any failure. Reagan already proved that supply-side economics works to increase tax collections.

There are no good parts of ObamaCare. None.
With all states now reporting, ACA plan enrollment ticked downward this year, a report out Wednesday shows, but states running their own marketplaces saw slight gains and did better than those relying on the federal exchange. About 11.8 million Americans enrolled in 2018 coverage, down 3.7 percent from last year’s total, according to the National Academy for State Health Policy.

Iran's LEADERSHIP did not change, but IRAN definitely changed.
The winter protests also highlighted the deep divide between Iran’s internal reformist opposition and opposition groups abroad. Prominent and outspoken reformist dissidents such as Mostafa Tajzadeh, Abbas Abdi, Sadegh Zibakalam, and former President Mohammad Khatami—who still hold significant sway over Iran’s middle classes—sympathized with the protestors’ grievances but openly spoke out against destabilizing unrest. Meanwhile, Iran’s organized external opposition, ranging from the monarchist movement led by the Shah’s son Reza Pahlavi to the cultish Mujahedin-e Khalq (MEK), actively tried to push the demonstrations in a revolutionary direction.

They have not yet been engaged in negotiations, but PRNK have made conciliatory actions (that had never happened previously)... like freeing the US prisoners (something Obama never got from Iran until ransom was paid)... like returning the remains of US servicemen, it may not mean much to you, but to their families it is priceless. All it cost the US was to agree to meet with them again. No $150 billion dollars, illegal access to banking, reduction in sanctions and no enforcement. It cost the US NOTHING.

You're not being factually honest, are you? May 19, 2018 - The US and China have agreed to begin bilateral trade talks, with Beijing committing to “substantially reduce” the trade deficit... There is a long way to go, and China knows that they cannot win a trade war with the US. He's been in office for only a short time for gosh sakes.

The is yet another half-truth, and intentional smear. Trump said more than that, didn't he? Of course he did. He said as far as trade goes. He did not say that the EU was a foe, he said as far as trade goes. And that is a true statement, but you're painting it as something much more sinister.

You apparently don't understand what happened, nor what was said - or you're intentionally being dishonest again. Trump said that ISIS in Syria was ended. He attacked the Syrian base because Syria let IRAN launch missiles and drones at Israel. Those are two completely different things in Syria - but you knew that didn't you. You just want to spread hate and lies.

Tariffs only affect certain industries and certain countries, and are easily repealed.
Jan. 1, 2018 WASHINGTON — A wave of optimism has swept over American business leaders, and it is beginning to translate into the sort of investment in new plants, equipment and factory upgrades that bolsters economic growth, spurs job creation — and may finally raise wages significantly. The newfound confidence was initially inspired by the Trump administration’s regulatory pullback, not so much because deregulation is saving companies money but because the administration has instilled a faith in business executives that new regulations are not coming.

You don't get anything correct in your wacky liberal talking points. Wages are rising... and we DO NOT have more jobs than unemployed - however the workforce did increase by 600,000 people who had been out of the workforce and re-entered (and pay taxes, sunshine). We're adding PEOPLE TO THE WORKFORCE, which is keeping wages down a bit.

GE didn't pay taxes under Obama, right? Now they need more bailouts? You list one company, and provide nothing of all the other companies that are expanding, and growing, and even STARTING UP.
See my comments in BOLD.

A very disappointing list of liberal talking points, with alternative facts, or flat out untrue.

Nov 26, 2008
The biggest thing about all this is imagine how average everyday people would be reacting if the media wasn't in full blown outrage mode about every little Trump thing

Most everyone Ive talked to that isn't a political junkie / attentive to foreign policy has a meh reaction to this.

If any time you tune into news coverage and its Russia, Russia, Russia, tax cuts will lead to death, Russia, Russia, Paris accord withdrawal is the end times, Russia, Russia, net neutrality repeal and we'll be back in the stone age, Russia, the SCOTUS nominee is going to murder millions of women, Russia!!!! then those same people saying Trump is treasonous and this will be remembered like Pearl Harbor isn't going to move the needle.

Perhaps the media will learn that having two scoops of ice cream when others have one, is not worthy of coverage, and not every action is doomsday come true. I doubt they will learn that for another 2 or 6 years though.