Trump/Putin Debacle

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
The things they alleged can't be gathered just from metadata. They have actual names, dates, and locations of these people at the times of these incidents. One guy was even logged into google when he was sending his spearphishing emails. So they have all of that account information from google.

A grand jury saw the evidence and said it was enough to indict. The DOJ brought the charges because they believe they can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they are guilty.

They also have all of the evidence gathered as part of this intelligence operation. Way more than is mentioned in the article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...hackers/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.eee2a8d5980a
A decent hacker could easily hack into your email and send out malware making it look like you did it. A really good hacker could even hack into your network and make it look like it originated from your computer.

For all I know they may have mountains of credible evidence outside of metadata. All I'm saying is that I'll withhold my personal judgement until I see the evidence.

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
Do you mean the intelligence force that took a dossier full of unverified, made up BS to a FISA court to get authorization to spy on the his campaign? Is that the intelligence force that he is supposed to trust? If it happened to you, would YOU be able to trust them?

Oct 30, 2007
No one is answering the question... I just see a bunch of excuses and side stepping.
I don't care about Clinton, or collusion, or the dossier...

Our president just defended a man (over countless reports from US intelligence, special counsel, and house investigations that NEITHER party denies) who actively disrupted our election.

How do you feel/what do you think about that? And why?
A careful and measured response to the question would've been that he wouldn't comment on an ongoing investigation and that Putin had agreed to help him in the investigation. But let's be honest, careful and measured responses have never been a strength for Trump. :lol:

Jun 20, 2012
Republicans are so full of shit. Do you really expect these people to roll over now? They legitimately justified obstruction politics for two full terms of Obama. You think they can’t justify Trump’s moronic views of right and wrong and what’s really Murican? Dude just wants his plane with more Stars and Stripes. That’s what really matters, folks.

Nov 23, 2007
I’m pretty sure that Trump is stroking Putin until he becomes overconfident, drops his guard and slips up. Then, “Wham!,” Trump will nab him!

It’s like a fifth-dimensional game of lawn darts with Trump playing the role of the lawn. It looks like Trump is getting walked on and being riddled with holes, but most of what happens with a lawn is hidden underground and no one but the lawn knows its plan.

Deep down run the roots and, amidst the roots, mysterious things such as nematodes. Kiss a nematode and you get a nemaprince! And that will grow into a nemaking! It’s science!

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2008
The media has made Russia and the election into they caused Trump to win.
That is what probably 99% of anti-Trump people believe after having it drilled into them by said media.

So why would Trump willingly add fuel to that fire by telling everyone, "Well...when we were behind closed doors I sure gave Putin a piece of my mind about the election. If he ever does that again I'm gonna bomb the shit out of Russia."

It's not the truth, but things have been blurred together. Russian meddling has become Russian collusion. There is no denying that from the media p.o.v. Right or wrong if Trump acknowledges Russian meddling he is admitting Russian collusion to half the country

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Is this "Russian reset button" or the "wait until I'm re-elected and have more flexibility" moment of the Trump Presidency?

The only troublesome thing here is Trumps ego and inability to keep his trap shut regarding it.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Trump has stated the entire time that he thinks that this is a witch hunt and that he doesn't believe that they meddled in the election. I'm not surprised at all that he said the same thing again today.

I don't doubt that Russia did things to try to influence our election. I don't doubt that we've done the same thing before as well. But what I really want to know is what the evidence is that Russia did the things they claim. A hacker can easily use an offshore server to make their internet traffic look like it's coming from anywhere in the world. I want to know if the intelligence agencies have actual hardcore evidence that these things came from Russia, or if they're simply looking at metadata and saying that they appear to have originated from Russia.
Has the FBI or CIA ever been able to get access to the DNC computers that were supposedly hacked?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Is this "Russian reset button" or the "wait until I'm re-elected and have more flexibility" moment of the Trump Presidency?

The only troublesome thing here is Trumps ego and inability to keep his trap shut regarding it.
it was the Americans are stupid fools part of the Trump Presidency

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1018738368753078273

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Liberal Logic 101:
Trump saying he believes what the Russian leader says = the worst thing ever
Obama telling the Russian leader he'll have more flexibility after the election = no big deal

Also keep in mind regarding this whole Russia thing. Regardless of if you think Trump is handling the response to it in an incompetent manner, please remember that it was somebody else's incompetence that allowed it to happen in the first place.
This is not to excuse Trump, this is the kind of embarrassment we unfortunately should expect when electing such a narcissistic amateur to the White House. But I will take stuff like this over Clinton who would have had no public embarrassment but would have quietly stabbed us all in the back any time Russian money found it's way to her foundation.
You don't think Trump is using this office for personal gain equally as bad as Clinton would have?

Our system of elections now creates these monsters. Blaming the past monsters because the current one is not functioning doesn't help. Should Churchill have glad handed Hitler and blamed Chamberlain like you just did?
I do not like Hillary Clinton, did not vote for her, and would not want her as the president. But, what happened today was a national disgrace. We are being played by an expert and, as you said, have an amateur out there. Sorry, what just happened is far worse than Clinton.

ramases2112

Territorial Marshal
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
The witch hunt is the collusion part not the meddling part.
I wish someone would explain that to dear leader.

Even assuming the collusion part is a witch-hunt. That is still TBD.
The problem is by stating that he would immediately be branded illegitimate by the his enemies. He knows the tactics being played here which is why he simply describes the entire thing a witch hunt. Anyone with a brain knows the Russians meddle, a long with other countries no doubt, but by stating he believes it, it will call into question his entire presidency. He is going to fight this until he is completely cleared by the Russian investigstion.

ramases2112

Territorial Marshal
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
No one is answering the question... I just see a bunch of excuses and side stepping.
I don't care about Clinton, or collusion, or the dossier...

Our president just defended a man (over countless reports from US intelligence, special counsel, and house investigations that NEITHER party denies) who actively disrupted our election.

How do you feel/what do you think about that? And why?
I don't trust Russia or our intelligence agencies. They both lie to get their desired outcome. We know for a fact that the CIA can mask themselves to make it look like another entity is spying. We also know Russia is an adversary along with China, not an existential threat like radical Islam, and they shouldn't be trusted. Also Trump has no reason to trust anything that came out of the Obama administration. Obama and his goons have completely destroyed trust in the agencies by politicizing them and using them as political weapons.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Trump should have just bowed deeply to Putin and shipped $1.5B to Russia, all the liberals would be happy.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
it was the Americans are stupid fools part of the Trump Presidency

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1018738368753078273
Yep perfect example of not being able to keep his trap shut regarding our former years of those in control of the white house and all it's reports. it's certainly disconcerting and unacceptable to have that much raw honesty out there in that forum. I agree with others that those thoughts should be kept to oneself on the international stage....seriously.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Serious question for the Trump backers here. How is it justifiable for Trump to publicly state -while the WHOLE world is watching no less- that he believes Putin's word above the work done by our intelligence force? I mean, what the hell is going on here?
remind me again what is the "word of our intelligence force"? There have been so many things said about so many different things, I want to make sure that we're talking about the same things.

Bush believed the "intelligence force" over the liberals and corrupt media and got crucified for it. "Intelligence Agencies lied, people died" (or some crap like that)