Trump/Putin Debacle

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
The biggest thing about all this is imagine how average everyday people would be reacting if the media wasn't in full blown outrage mode about every little Trump thing

Most everyone Ive talked to that isn't a political junkie / attentive to foreign policy has a meh reaction to this.

If any time you tune into news coverage and its Russia, Russia, Russia, tax cuts will lead to death, Russia, Russia, Paris accord withdrawal is the end times, Russia, Russia, net neutrality repeal and we'll be back in the stone age, Russia, the SCOTUS nominee is going to murder millions of women, Russia!!!! then those same people saying Trump is treasonous and this will be remembered like Pearl Harbor isn't going to move the needle.

Perhaps the media will learn that having two scoops of ice cream when others have one, is not worthy of coverage, and not every action is doomsday come true. I doubt they will learn that for another 2 or 6 years though.
2 scoops? I would say they eat the whole carton at every meal.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
I'm surprised some of you seem to be caught off guard that a politician would say things (true or not) appearing to appease the people being spoken to... Trump is just less polished, having not been in politics very long, and makes it WAY more obvious that that's what he's doing.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I'm surprised some of you seem to be caught off guard that a politician would say things (true or not) appearing to appease the people being spoken to... Trump is just less polished, having not been in politics very long, and makes it WAY more obvious that that's what he's doing.
The saddest part of this true statement is we as Americans have become to expect non truths as the norm from our Politicians. Even when we know they are non truths we accept it and embrace the non truths regardless of party.

It is literally against one of the foundation cornerstones of the largest religion in our country and the religion which most every single POTUS ever elected in this country was a member of.

Yet we pass it off as "politics"

IMHO It is THE greatest moral collapse of the United States which has eroded our ability to elect strong and morally faithful leaders as we let those who continually debase a cornerstone of Christianity to rise to power and turn a blind eye in the name of Politics

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
It has nothing to do with what Trump said, it's pure hate from the swamp.

Many will believe anything they are told.

Just last month we saw this hate from the Obama Administration.....

Capture 22.PNG

Problem was the photo was indicitive of the Obama Administration and was taken June 2014.........

Never-the-less the many liberals continue to blame Trump for things which took place under the Obama Administration.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Many will believe anything they are told.
biggest Inauguration crowd in history
I'm more popular than Lincoln was
The unemployment rate is 42%
The US is the highest taxed nation in the world
Ted Cruz father was with LHO before JFK was killed
Obama bugged Trump Tower

Trump's Spox even had the coin the Alternative Facts response to it all LOL

Clinton and Trump election was the biggest spectacle of lies in the history of this country. There were no consequences for the lies they spewed so they will keep on doing it.

If we held every politician responsible for their lies there would be a lot of different faces in Washington right now, Hillary would have never even been considered to run for POTUS and Trump would have never had a chance to be POTUS

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
The saddest part of this true statement is we as Americans have become to expect non truths as the norm from our Politicians. Even when we know they are non truths we accept it and embrace the non truths regardless of party.

It is literally against one of the foundation cornerstones of the largest religion in our country and the religion which most every single POTUS ever elected in this country was a member of.

Yet we pass it off as "politics"

IMHO It is THE greatest moral collapse of the United States which has eroded our ability to elect strong and morally faithful leaders as we let those who continually debase a cornerstone of Christianity to rise to power and turn a blind eye in the name of Politics
The real problem isn't that we believe the non truths at first brush, it's if you continue to believe it when facts are revealed.

Politics have always been nasty, history tells us of fist fights and pistol duals.

What bothers me is that almost daily we are told of laws being broken by politicians in Washington, yet few are ever held accountable. Only the expendable or those who have fallen out of public favor are sacrificed.

We know for example the IRS targeted political certain groups simple based on political favor.

For example.

Judicial Watch today released newly obtained internal IRS documents, including material revealing that Sen. John McCain’s former staff director and chief counsel on the Senate Homeland Security Permanent Subcommittee, Henry Kerner, urged top IRS officials, including then-director of exempt organizations Lois Lerner, to “audit so many that it becomes financially ruinous.” Kerner was appointed by President Trump as Special Counsel for the United States Office of Special Counsel.

The explosive exchange was contained in notes taken by IRS employees at an April 30, 2013, meeting between Kerner, Lerner, and other high-ranking IRS officials. Just ten days following the meeting, former IRS director of exempt organizations Lois Lerner admitted that the IRS had a policy of improperly and deliberately delaying applications for tax-exempt status from conservative non-profit groups.

The problem in Washington isn't Trump, it's the swamp which allows this to happen. As I've asked many times how does a career servant amass millions of dollars?

If you elect a new county commissioner and within a year or two the rural road to his home is paved, new equipment he never could afford before begins to show up in his barn, etc. Do we think there may be some foul play going on? Washington is no different.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The real problem isn't that we believe the non truths at first brush, it's if you continue to believe it when facts are revealed.

Politics have always been nasty, history tells us of fist fights and pistol duals.

What bothers me is that almost daily we are told of laws being broken by politicians in Washington, yet few are ever held accountable. Only the expendable or those who have fallen out of public favor are sacrificed.

We know for example the IRS targeted political certain groups simple based on political favor.

For example.

Judicial Watch today released newly obtained internal IRS documents, including material revealing that Sen. John McCain’s former staff director and chief counsel on the Senate Homeland Security Permanent Subcommittee, Henry Kerner, urged top IRS officials, including then-director of exempt organizations Lois Lerner, to “audit so many that it becomes financially ruinous.” Kerner was appointed by President Trump as Special Counsel for the United States Office of Special Counsel.

The explosive exchange was contained in notes taken by IRS employees at an April 30, 2013, meeting between Kerner, Lerner, and other high-ranking IRS officials. Just ten days following the meeting, former IRS director of exempt organizations Lois Lerner admitted that the IRS had a policy of improperly and deliberately delaying applications for tax-exempt status from conservative non-profit groups.

The problem in Washington isn't Trump, it's the swamp which allows this to happen. As I've asked many times how does a career servant amass millions of dollars?

If you elect a new county commissioner and within a year or two the rural road to his home is paved, new equipment he never could afford before begins to show up in his barn, etc. Do we think there may be some foul play going on? Washington is no different.
While I agree with you there is a severe lack of accountability to man made laws in DC and double standards.

I still argue the law written by God and given to Moses is infinitely more important than any man made law....and adherence to Gods Law would have prevented the lack of accountability to man made law if our politicians truly lived it and our voters truly held their politicians accountable to it.

Again this is all just my own belief and my foundation.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Obama bugged Trump Tower

Clinton and Trump election was the biggest spectacle of lies in the history of this country. There were no consequences for the lies they spewed so they will keep on doing it.

If we held every politician responsible for their lies there would be a lot of different faces in Washington right now, Hillary would have never even been considered to run for POTUS and Trump would have never had a chance to be POTUS
I'm not sure how many people actually believed those above told by Trump. They had nothing to do with why he was elected.

How many do you think beleived this one in 2007?

“More young black men languish in prison than attend colleges and universities across America”

or this one

“We have fired a whole bunch of people who are in charge of these [VA] facilities”

Last edited:

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
I didn't remember him saying this so I looked it up. He didn't actually say that did he?

“Don’t believe these phony numbers when you hear 4.9 and 5 percent unemployment,” Mr. Trump said in his victory speech after the New Hampshire primary Tuesday night. “The number’s probably 28, 29, as high as 35. In fact, I even heard recently 42 percent.”

Trump unlike other politicians speaks off the cuff rather than a telepromter and scripted speeches.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
I didn't remember him saying this so I looked it up. He didn't actually say that did he?

“Don’t believe these phony numbers when you hear 4.9 and 5 percent unemployment,” Mr. Trump said in his victory speech after the New Hampshire primary Tuesday night. “The number’s probably 28, 29, as high as 35. In fact, I even heard recently 42 percent.”

Trump unlike other politicians speaks off the cuff rather than a telepromter and scripted speeches.
I think you are right...Trump speaks his mind without self censorship of how it might be sound to the public and how it might be restated by the press. This is both good and bad. Most of us speak our mind. Politicians speak very carefully and parcel out their words carefully knowing every word may be used against them. Obama was extremely careful...often spending 5-10 minutes just to speak one sentence!

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
stay on target.....stay on target...stay o....damn

So it continues /sigh. In conflict with what his own party leaders have been saying the last two days

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1019621432106606597

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2006

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
OKC

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Obama bugged Trump Tower

I think most of us are smart enough not to listen to campaign promises and distortions.

At least Trump is not out-right lying to the American people about issues that affect our lives, like Obama did on a regular basis.

I can take a bit of Trump speaking "out of turn", if you will, so long as he doesn't stand there and flat out lie about a policy or an event that is of critical importance in our lives.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Happened to come across this article today on your question. Not sure how you feel about politico as a news source, but it seemed to have an answer to your question. Wanted to share...

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/07/17/dnc-server-hack-russia-trump-2016-219017
That article is written by a liberal arts guy, based off of the court documents filed by Mueller.

Just looking though it, he doesn't seem to know what he's talking about, and makes some broad assumptions about how any of this might link back to Trump's comment.

Mueller's court filing has already been ridiculed for being out of sync with the Guccifer timeline.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
I think most of us are smart enough not to listen to campaign promises and distortions.

At least Trump is not out-right lying to the American people about issues that affect our lives, like Obama did on a regular basis.

I can take a bit of Trump speaking "out of turn", if you will, so long as he doesn't stand there and flat out lie about a policy or an event that is of critical importance in our lives.
Remember...politicians never lie...they only misspeak...or they were taken out of context.

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
Has the FBI or CIA ever been able to get access to the DNC computers that were supposedly hacked?
Yes. They have everything they need to do a forensic investigation of a remote hack. Even though you wouldn't be able to tell it based upon what dear leader says. Just another one of the lies he propagates over and over and over again.

Oct 30, 2007
Yes. They have everything they need to do a forensic investigation of a remote hack. Even though you wouldn't be able to tell it based upon what dear leader says. Just another one of the lies he propagates over and over and over again.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...oted-conspiracy-theories-here-s-truth-n891756
http://thehill.com/policy/national-...-fbi-did-request-access-to-hacked-dnc-servers
The first link is an article from yesterday that verifies that the FBI never got to examine the hacked server. The second article is from over a year ago showing that the DNC denied the FBI access to the server when they requested it.