Trump/Pence do not attend Veterans Day at Arlington

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
One of them should have made this trip
I am not a Trump fan. But how many times are we going to see complete “nonstories” treated like major controversies from far-left libs and anti-Trumpers?

This is just a dumb story. Not quite as dumb as believing a video was altered even though your own eyes prove the side by side videos are the same ... but close to as stupid.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I am not a Trump fan. But how many times are we going to see complete “nonstories” treated like major controversies from far-left libs and anti-Trumpers?

This is just a dumb story. Not quite as dumb as believing a video was altered even though your own eyes prove the side by side videos are the same ... but close to as stupid.
From Nov 1 to Nov 5th Trump held 10 Rallies in various different states....he could have made the 20 min trip for this, or sent at least Pence

It was called offensive when Obama missed it in 2010...and I would expect those same people who called it offensive then to do the same now

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
From Nov 1 to Nov 5th Trump held 10 Rallies in various different states....he could have made the 20 min trip for this, or sent at least Pence

It was called offensive when Obama missed it in 2010...and I would expect those same people who called it offensive then to do the same now
I googled to see if this is normal and this what I clicked on

Screenshot_20181112-211731_Chrome.jpg

Probably fitting

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007

So show us your post commenting your dislike when Obama skipped. And by the way I wish Trump and Pence would have attended.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
and I would expect those same people who called it offensive then to do the same now
And I would expect the people who didn't care about it then to not care about it now. Imagine that, one whole opposite day where the left don't think Trump's actions are destroying the world and the Trump Supporters criticizing him over something that doesn't hurt anything in the grand scheme. I do wish Pence had gone, unfortunately with Trump, he'd either cheapen the event with something he said, or the media would cheapen it merely because of his presence (maybe both).

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
So the consensus so far is that most think Trump OR Pence should have gone, but somehow I'm the bad guy for saying outloud....Hey Trump OR Pence should have gone to this.

:blink::blink:

The snowflake mentality is strong on both sides of politics on this board.

Bottom line, Trump has worked a monster sched when it comes to campaigning.....yet didn't attend this or at least send his VP in his place.

I pointed out it is terrible optics and looked insensitive ( note the key worked looked) ;)

People need to start calling out BS regardless of the party doing it. Just like the Acosta Thread.....Acosta was a jerk who needed to be called out same as the WH did for sharing an altered video and then lying about it. Call out BS when BS exist and do not excuse it because of tribal partisanship

Feb 15, 2007

FWIW Obama chose to not attend on Memorial Day, not Veterans Day.

Mar 11, 2006
So the consensus so far is that most think Trump OR Pence should have gone, but somehow I'm the bad guy for saying outloud....Hey Trump OR Pence should have gone to this.

Bottom line, Trump has worked a monster sched when it comes to campaigning.....yet didn't attend this or at least send his VP in his place.

I pointed out it is terrible optics and looked insensitive ( note the key worked looked) ;)

People need to start calling out BS regardless of the party doing it. Just like the Acosta Thread.....Acosta was a jerk who needed to be called out same as the WH did for sharing an altered video and then lying about it. Call out BS when BS exist and do not excuse it because of tribal partisanship
Dude. Use your own eyes. The video was not doctored. It is amazing to me how many people “blindly” believe the video was doctored because someone in the news wanted to change the narrative. Side by side clearly shows it was not. And even if it was it is imperceptible.

And there are a lot of things I wish Presidents or other elected officials would do. But stirring up faux controversies is not something most do.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Dude. Use your own eyes. The video was not doctored. It is amazing to me how many people “blindly” believe the video was doctored because someone in the news wanted to change the narrative. Side by side clearly shows it was not. And even if it was it is imperceptible.

And there are a lot of things I wish Presidents or other elected officials would do. But stirring up faux controversies is not something most do.
Kellyanne Conway admitted yesterday the video was sped up that the WH used and defended it by saying they do it all the time in sports

“I have to disagree with the overwrought description of this video being doctored as if we put someone else’s arm in there,” she said. “That’s not altered. That’s sped up. They do it all the time in sports to see if there’s actually a first down or a touchdown.”

https://www.sfgate.com/entertainmen...nway-Admits-White-House-s-Karate-13384233.php

By speeding it up Acosta's arm looks as if it came down much faster with more force than it actually did....this is what I'm talking about. FWIW, I think the intern should have socked him in the jaw when he pulled the mic away from her when she grabbed it

If Conway can admit it...surely you can accept that right?

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2006
Kellyanne Conway admitted yesterday the video was sped up that the WH used and defended it by saying they do it all the time in sports

“I have to disagree with the overwrought description of this video being doctored as if we put someone else’s arm in there,” she said. “That’s not altered. That’s sped up. They do it all the time in sports to see if there’s actually a first down or a touchdown.”

https://www.sfgate.com/entertainmen...nway-Admits-White-House-s-Karate-13384233.php

By speeding it up Acosta's arm looks as if it came down much faster with more force than it actually did....this is what I'm talking about. FWIW, I think the intern should have socked him in the jaw when he pulled the mic away from her when she grabbed it

If Conway can admit it...surely you can accept that right?
Watch the video! Believe your own eyes. Cmon man. You are smarter than this.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007

I don't think that's what anyone has said. They're calling question on your response when Obama did the same? Or are you the "snowflake" you're accusing others of? I don't know and I'm not going back to look.

Many of your posts are just like this one. One day I'm expecting to learn from you that Trump starts with the wrong leg when he puts his pants on.

Sep 13, 2013
Left field
So show us your post commenting your dislike when Obama skipped. And by the way I wish Trump and Pence would have attended.
Not everyone begins and ends their posts with negative comments about past administrations when the topic is about current events and the current administration. How refreshing! How mature!