Trump issues exec order to review Postal Service

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Trump issued an executive order at around 9 pm last night calling for a complete evaluation of the US Postal Service finances. The Exec Order said the Postal Service had an unsustainable financial path.

The USPS has reported a net loss for 10+ years now due to what they have reported in the past of a decline in marketing mail and first class mail.

Trump has made claims in the past that the USPS loses $1.50 on every package it delivers for Amazon. Something the USPS has disputed saying that they actually are profitable from Amazon and Amazon is their largest customer.

The Exec Order also seems to hint at looking at the possibility to privatizing at least part of the USPS in rural areas, small communities, and small towns as it request a review of the role the USPS plays in these locations and to see if the USPS Universal Service Obligation to deliver to anyone in the US should be changed due to changes in technology and e-commerce.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/12/...service-amazon.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
A good place to starr would be every other day residential delivery. Even number get mail one M, W, F; odd number on Tu, Th, Sat. Cut gas, milage and wear and tear in half. Only business really need mail every day, IMO.

OrangeCrush

Territorial Marshal
Oct 26, 2004
Gateway to the High Plains
A good place to starr would be every other day residential delivery. Even number get mail one M, W, F; odd number on Tu, Th, Sat. Cut gas, milage and wear and tear in half. Only business really need mail every day, IMO.
If you are thinking about odd and even addresses, they will still drive the same routes, just deliver on one side on the road every other day. Not sure where the savings come from

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
If you are thinking about odd and even addresses, they will still drive the same routes, just deliver on one side on the road every other day. Not sure where the savings come from
I did not fully explain that. If the set up residential and dvided it by zones they would would save time, people and resources. What is the average of items mailed that is non-business and can be every other day?

Feb 13, 2010
Back in God's country!
When I lived in Katy, TX I noticed all of the newer neighborhoods were doing the bank of mailboxes rather than one at each house. Not sure why all neighborhoods aren't required to do that. Saves a ton of time for the mailman (mailperson) and is not difficult for the people getting their mail.

teibbor

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 29, 2004
When I lived in Katy, TX I noticed all of the newer neighborhoods were doing the bank of mailboxes rather than one at each house. Not sure why all neighborhoods aren't required to do that. Saves a ton of time for the mailman (mailperson) and is not difficult for the people getting their mail.
I agree mine does it in Stillwater. We only check it once a week. Also gives a safe spot to send mail (if anyone does this anymore) and not in an open box.